• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

PATH O__o

::The Pathological Trailmix::
3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
I know! they get me so hyped but your link is so high pressure that It makes me have to go Fox if I want it to be a good match
Haha, you have no idea how Hyped they got me whenever you went fox xDD

Let's play again soon, that was 2muchfunnn

jaedong

Smash Journeyman
Uh, Fox destroys Pikachu, don't know what you're talking about. They can both combo each other to death, but Fox controls neutral more effectively, racks up damage faster, and kills a lot earlier, the only time Pika has the advantage in the MU is when he's edge-guarding Fox.

-_- I Toaded your t-jolts and you ran straight into it three times in a row, if that's not punishment I don't know what is.
Idk about "destroys"

I'm pretty sure Axe ***** fox, theres just not that many other high level pikas. Although at the end of the day I'd say the MU is pretty close to even, maybe 60-40 in fox's favor at most.

Kunichan

Smash Journeyman
Idk about "destroys"

I'm pretty sure Axe ***** fox, theres just not that many other high level pikas. Although at the end of the day I'd say the MU is pretty close to even, maybe 60-40 in fox's favor at most.
Yeah Walgreens Drake makes it look just about even. I feel like PM Pika still has a free up throw upsmash combo on fast fallers at low percents but maybe I'm just not doing the slight DI to shine to get out of it? Do you guys no if he still has that?
@ P PATH O__o oh and if you want to play some more in like 15 min I'd be down I just have to eat lol

Last edited:

Jiggle4Life

Smash Ace
The best he can get off of a grab against spacies is a dthrow tech chase or a uthrow to start a combo which they can escape with shine, I don't remember if he can chain fthrow, but iirc it knocks spacies down so you can't get a regrab like you can on many other characters.
if pika gets a grab on a new stock he can up-throw double up smash into any air combo into a potential edgeguard
and if he get a grab from around 60-90% its up-throw up-smash thunder combo
above 90% its d-throw up-smash thunder

Last edited:

PATH O__o

3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
Yeah Walgreens Drake makes it look just about even. I feel like PM Pika still has a free up throw upsmash combo on fast fallers at low percents but maybe I'm just not doing the slight DI to shine to get out of it? Do you guys no if he still has that?
@ P PATH O__o oh and if you want to play some more in like 15 min I'd be down I just have to eat lol
Yeah, I'm still up to play!

But... my brother and sister just got back. I don't know how the connection will be affected... Nvm thought I heard the car but it wasn't them.

Last edited:

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
if pika gets a grab on a new stock he can up-throw double up smash into any air combo into a potential edgeguard
Fox can escape uthrow follow-ups by shining in the air, unless I'm mistaken.
Idk about "destroys"

Well I always use the term "destroy," even if a MU is only slightly disadvantageous lol.

Last edited:

Jiggle4Life

Smash Ace
Fox can escape uthrow follow-ups by shining in the air, unless I'm mistaken.

Well I always use the term "destroy," even if a MU is only slightly disadvantageous lol.
ive never had a fox shine to escape it in time but maybe he can ill do more research but I recall up-throw up-smash guaranteed until 90%
and I would agree with fox pika MU being 40-60 in fox favor I just think fox relies on gimping and Pikachu is not the easiest to gimp

Last edited:

PATH O__o

3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
Yeah Path that was a lot of fun thanks for playing me, I'm probably done for tonight. Did I see you doing some tomahawk grabs?
Tomahawk grabs? I wasn't familiar with the term, so I googled. If you mean the empty short hop (baiting shield) to grab, then I did attempt that a couple of times lol.

Kunichan

Smash Journeyman
Tomahawk grabs? I wasn't familiar with the term, so I googled. If you mean the empty short hop (baiting shield) to grab, then I did attempt that a couple of times lol.
lol It's a east coast term I guess. I can never get a chance to do it to you or even a shine grab since you never put your shield up for that long, which is a good thing i guess but I wanna do stuff that looks hella cool like you do with bombs and hook shot :[[

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Sorry, gotta go, getting late. Thanks a lot for playing with me tho, that was fun :D
yea no problem, good games.
try not to throw out so many random attacks. you leave yourself wide open a lot of the time making it easy to punish

PATH O__o

3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
lol It's a east coast term I guess. I can never get a chance to do it to you or even a shine grab since you never put your shield up for that long, which is a good thing i guess but I wanna do stuff that looks hella cool like you do with bombs and hook shot :[[
You did pull off a shine grabs! I remember them, haha. Anyways, I'm going to go eat now lol, until next time.

Last edited:

Kunichan

Smash Journeyman
play yada yada yada, i've got some time at the moment ;p
My bad @ Dark Bulb 4.1 Dark Bulb 4.1 I accidently set my name to a weird config in that last one lol it was a lot of fun playing you again!
@ pwnyclaus pwnyclaus dude don't think about it like that. DK is just a really hard hitter and doesn't die as fast as my Fox. I think that's just something that Yoshi has a hard time dealing with but don't start thinking you're not good, because you're really smart with Yoshi. I think I had a good day with my reads yesterday.

Is anyone looking to play?

Last edited:
Top Bottom