• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Kunichan

Smash Journeyman
I woulddd but I forgot my wiimote back at my college, 7 hours away.. anyone know how to install the insta-startup yo' disc w/out a wiimote thing?
awh man that suckkss I've been stuck in that position. It really gets you thinking why didn't they just let the GC controller work on the home screen :[
Anyone want to play?

Last edited:

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
haha thanks lol with pika I usually just wait for an opening I haven't had a timeout match until now tho:p ggs
That's not a very good approach to playing Pikachu, he excels at pressure so you can create your own openings, not to mention t-jolt is incredibly easy to power-shield making it bad for camping, it's really only good for approaching, edge-guarding, and covering your recovery. For that matter waiting for an opening is a bad approach to this game in general, like for instance in the match I timed you out you continued to camp when I had the lead which is a big part of why I won, when you're behind you kind of have to approach if you want to win, or at the very least try to bait your opponent into approaching.

Edit: Maybe I should rephrase that. Waiting for an opening isn't necessarily bad, but unless you apply pressure in some form, a smart opponent won't present you with an opening when they have a lead.

Last edited:

Jiggle4Life

Smash Ace
ggs kuni that G&W tho lol and the falcon I can tell you've been practicing (specially since wifi going down in 2 months or so:\) I feel the fox pika matchup is pretty hard for fox and that's why it goes south for you but your falcon was crazy lol

jaedong

Smash Journeyman
That's not a very good approach to playing Pikachu, he excels at pressure so you can create your own openings, not to mention t-jolt is incredibly easy to power-shield making it bad for camping, it's really only good for approaching, edge-guarding, and covering your recovery. For that matter waiting for an opening is a bad approach to this game in general, like for instance in the match I timed you out you continued to camp when I had the lead which is a big part of why I won, when you're behind you kind of have to approach if you want to win, or at the very least try to bait your opponent into approaching.

Edit: Maybe I should rephrase that. Waiting for an opening isn't necessarily bad, but unless you apply pressure in some form, a smart opponent won't present you with an opening when they have a lead.
I agree 100% with dead, ur pika is decent but you are playin the wrong character if that is gonna be ur strat. I noticed when playin u you really need to work on your approach game. One good one is Shffl nair thru their shield landing behind them, then L cancel and immediately full hop rising Uair is a solid approach, because the rising Uair is fast and hits behind u if they try to jump out of shield/punish out of shield.

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
Alright I'll be there in a sec.
Good games Kuni! Ivysaur and Pit wern't working out well so I had to go straight to Squirts. I saw you trying to throw me so I had to change my strategy ;)

Last edited:

Kunichan

Smash Journeyman
I agree 100% with dead, ur pika is decent but you are playin the wrong character if that is gonna be ur strat. I noticed when playin u you really need to work on your approach game. One good one is Shffl nair thru their shield landing behind them, then L cancel and immediately full hop rising Uair is a solid approach, because the rising Uair is fast and hits behind u if they try to jump out of shield/punish out of shield.
Hmm he didn't seem to campy playing against me...

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
Hmmm, I'm not sure what's up with the connection Nato, we just seem to disconnect.
Well I guess in the meantime, anyone want to PM?

Man, I'm all over the place today, I need to chill.

Last edited:

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
If anyone wants to P:M with me before they close the servers, please send me a PM
Here's my FC: 3136-6258-2725

Kunichan

Smash Journeyman
@ BrosUnited BrosUnited sorry dude I just realized I'm late for class! GGs though that was some harsh lag at the end I wonder why that happened out of no where..

Last edited:

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
It's cool, I thought I lost connection to you, I was going to apologize. But I should apologize for all the joining and leaving and such. Good games and you better hurry!

Sorry about that Alexo, I'm over hype right now, and I accidently ditched our PM, if you're still up for playing, I'm open.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
It's cool, I thought I lost connection to you, I was going to apologize. But I should apologize for all the joining and leaving and such. Good games and you better hurry!

Sorry about that Alexo, I'm over hype right now, and I accidently ditched our PM, if you're still up for playing, I'm open.
Is this Meteor?:evil:

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
ggs kuni that G&W tho lol and the falcon I can tell you've been practicing (specially since wifi going down in 2 months or so:\) I feel the fox pika matchup is pretty hard for fox and that's why it goes south for you but your falcon was crazy lol
Uh, Fox destroys Pikachu, don't know what you're talking about. They can both combo each other to death, but Fox controls neutral more effectively, racks up damage faster, and kills a lot earlier, the only time Pika has the advantage in the MU is when he's edge-guarding Fox.
I play campy sometimes and then I don't. it seemed to get me more percent on deadjames but you kept punishing me for it
-_- I Toaded your t-jolts and you ran straight into it three times in a row, if that's not punishment I don't know what is.

Jiggle4Life

Smash Ace
Uh, Fox destroys Pikachu, don't know what you're talking about. They can both combo each other to death, but Fox controls neutral more effectively, racks up damage faster, and kills a lot earlier, the only time Pika has the advantage in the MU is when he's edge-guarding Fox.

-_- I Toaded your t-jolts and you ran straight into it three times in a row, if that's not punishment I don't know what is.
usually when pika gets a grab on spaceies then he can potentially take the stock

and yeah I guess you did deflect them allot but I guess when that happens I just don't let it bother me and just keep camping lol

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
Wow Good games Alexo. I had so much fun with Pit at the end, I'm seriously thinking that I should add him to my list of characters. I would of played Squirtle more but I was getting hit to hard with Squirtle, I felt kinda uncomfortable. Good games!

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Wow Good games Alexo. I had so much fun with Pit at the end, I'm seriously thinking that I should add him to my list of characters. I would of played Squirtle more but I was getting hit to hard with Squirtle, I felt kinda uncomfortable. Good games!
Yeah GGs, if you played as a character with bad Dtilts you would have a hard time winning lol.

Top Bottom