• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Phendrana Drifts

Smash Journeyman
Wonderful games dude, I had a blast. Your Samus is really creative but you dodge too much. Work on that.
yeah trying to get more Wavedash out of sheild into my play instead of spot dodges or rolls but havent worked it oout yet. I think in melee you could hold L and wavedash with R but cant in PM. I heard they were fixing that or something like that

waygu

Smash Lord
man i missed a lot of new people last night. im up for the day and will lurk the thread for matches, pm me if need be

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
Bros M: Ah, not sure what happened on that last match. I think this is when I officially retire from P:M online and move on to Ssb4. I'm no long good with Sonic and Charizard and my Squirtle is only decent but far from how he was in the past. Good games @ ofna01 ofna01 .

ofna01

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1134-9609-8501
Bros M: Ah, not sure what happened on that last match. I think this is when I officially retire from P:M online and move on to Ssb4. I'm no long good with Sonic and Charizard and my Squirtle is only decent but far from how he was in the past. Good games @ ofna01 ofna01 .
Nah man, your squirtle is amazing. I just REALLY hate playing squirtles. Your sonic and charizard are really good too.

waygu

Smash Lord
At least finish the game before you ragequit man. The best way to improve is to lose and learn, rather than win and learn nothing, which is how I improved.
i totally understand losing and learning but there was no chance of that with how bad the lag was and the fact that you took complete advantage of it. every other person ive faced on wifi notices when the other person started doing really dumb movements/sd and gives you a little space/lets you get acclimated. im obviously new to wifi, what i need to learn is how to move despite lag and i'll be doing that with better candidates

edit - on that note looking for a match with someone that has a decent connection between us or will take it slow first match so i get used to our connection :)

Last edited:

dizzypink

Smash Lord
i totally understand losing and learning but there was no chance of that with how bad the lag was and the fact that you took complete advantage of it. every other person ive faced on wifi notices when the other person started doing really dumb movements/sd and gives you a little space/lets you get acclimated. im obviously new to wifi, what i need to learn is how to move despite lag and i'll be doing that with better canidates
The thing about lag in this game is that it makes everything so much easier for 5 seconds. That little span of time is enough for your opponent to get a kill, and since it's so easy the lag favors whoever is already in the more favorable strategic position. You're Bowser in the middle of a side B with a Kirby jumping at you? You bet you're getting that combo off. Marth in shield with a Falco right inside your appendix? Sorry, but you're getting 0-death'd.

waygu

Smash Lord
The thing about lag in this game is that it makes everything so much easier for 5 seconds. That little span of time is enough for your opponent to get a kill, and since it's so easy the lag favors whoever is already in the more favorable strategic position. You're Bowser in the middle of a side B with a Kirby jumping at you? You bet you're getting that combo off. Marth in shield with a Falco right inside your appendix? Sorry, but you're getting 0-death'd.
i understand that some of it you have to play differently online due to the fact that it plays differently period but that doesnt mean intentionally wrecking a newb with this knowledge and taunting is what im gonna choose to play.

ill be on in 5, already added you this morning

dizzypink

Smash Lord
i understand that some of it you have to play differently online due to the fact that it plays differently period but that doesnt mean intentionally wrecking a newb with this knowledge and taunting is what im gonna choose to play.

Alright, I'll be hosting then.

dizzypink

Smash Lord

I think that's a good place to stop. Great games! That last kill was anyone's game X3 Your Marth is really good but learn to wavedash and you'll get so much better. Great Ivysaur! I used to play Ivy a lot but dropped him when I couldn't ever land a solar beam. His range is so unfair.

waygu

Smash Lord
I think that's a good place to stop. Great games! That last kill was anyone's game X3 Your Marth is really good but learn to wavedash and you'll get so much better. Great Ivysaur! I used to play Ivy a lot but dropped him when I couldn't ever land a solar beam. His range is so unfair.
i can usually land but dashing is a little off due to netplay timing, anything jump canceled is still sketchy for me as you could tell in our grab fight. that and my short hops could also use some work under pressure but its hard to get yourself nervous lmao. ggs though i was proud of that last counter. thank you for letting me feel out the rhythm of our connection btw i really really appreciate it that was about the only matches ive had on here that i feel i performed almost as well as offline

Chirka

Smash Journeyman
ahhh that 2nd game was just as good as the first. soooo close.. did you double fart me that 3rd stock? lol thought that's what i saw but doesnt it take recharge time ? musta been a different first attack. GGs. i shouldnt have gone random for the last game though

Top Bottom