• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Just reflect it back with the shine...oh wait :p
I honestly was playing Falco and have gotten much better as him to the point of using him after I don't feel like playing Bowser. Even then, Ness's grabs are also a little stupid. Actually, I don't think my Falco played his Ness at all.

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
PK Fire locks you. If you shield, you get grabbed. If you don't shield...........um.....you get grabbed. yeah.
Up to fight? or anyone? And about PK fire, just read when they'll do it, watch Ness go into the animation then react with a quick roll or side step.

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Up to fight? or anyone? And about PK fire, just read when they'll do it, watch Ness go into the animation then react with a quick roll or side step.
Your Ivysaur has less s**t of course I'll fight ya.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Well how else am I supposed to fight when PK FIRE IS A ****ING PIECE OF ****!?!? THE MOST ANNOYING MOVE IN SMASH!?
Against Ness? I meant in general. I can't recall what move you had used nearly as much as fortress during our games honestly. I wasn't annoyed by how much you threw it out since I wasn't hit by it all that often, but it stood out to me. You used it almost carelessly in close quarters.

As for PK Fire, if you can't foresee it and end up getting hit/activating it, SDI deals with it easily from my experience. When I'm facing Ness I usually don't take any more than one or two hits from any pillar of PK Fire (if at all) because it's such a slow and predictable facet of Ness's neutral game. This is coming from a Ness main; I think I understand how to deal with my character's annoying tendencies.

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
Your Ivysaur has less s**t of course I'll fight ya.
Let me find some working batteries for my Wii Mote first.

Against Ness? I meant in general. I can't recall what move you had used nearly as much as fortress during our games honestly. I wasn't annoyed by how much you threw it out since I wasn't hit by it all that often, but it stood out to me. You used it almost carelessly in close quarters.

As for PK Fire, if you can't foresee it and end up getting hit/activating it, SDI deals with it easily from my experience. When I'm facing Ness I usually don't take any more than one or two hits from any pillar of PK Fire (if at all) because it's such a slow and predictable facet of Ness's neutral game. This is coming from a Ness main; I think I understand how to deal with my character's annoying tendencies.
I just sidestep or roll the moment I see Ness go into the animation for PK Fire.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345

Well it's different since I'm Bowser because it still seems impossible to drag Bowser's fata$$ heavy weight out of PK Fire.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Let me find some working batteries for my Wii Mote first.

I just sidestep or roll the moment I see Ness go into the animation for PK Fire.
Hold it, hold it, hold it, hold it.

................................You use a Wii mote? that can't be. You must be using that thing to access the Wii menu only.

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776

Yeah I actually used that against you when we played way back when, I would SDI out of it, and you would go in for the grab but obviously miss since I got out of it, then punish the grab. Its definitely a great move, but from my experience if you just know the range well, recognize situations when it might be used, and keep your wits about you you should be good with practice @ WinterShorts WinterShorts

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
Hold it, hold it, hold it, hold it.

................................You use a Wii mote? that can't be. You must be using that thing to access the Wii menu only.
Yes, for the menu only. I'm not going to be playing with a Wiimote...
....unless I have a Nunchuck handy!

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
That's what I used to think.........until PK fire.
Well maybe use it less to combat everything. when I fought you I could tell you were gonna use that move before you did. Live what was said, sidestep, or dash away.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
That works too, but if you only use dodges to deal with them then you'll get nonchalant about it. Then you'll start tossing out rolls whenever you suspect Ness is going to PK Fire. From there it's not hard to bait the response after setting up the occasion, especially if you're near a ledge or something and don't want to get pinned by PK Fire. Just mix up how you work around them. Being mobile is usually the safest bet.

Well it's different since I'm Bowser because it still seems impossible to drag Bowser's fata$$ heavy weight out of PK Fire.
Does Bowser's crouch cancel not work against PK Fire? I haven't tested myself. But if you can at least crouch cancel it then you can dtilt to halt his approach from within the pillar or get your shield up and roll away. You could also time a fortress (which you did one time, not sure if that was accidental) but you'll face potentially less punishment if you are grounded when you start the fortress.

Yeah I actually used that against you when we played way back when, I would SDI out of it, and you would go in for the grab but obviously miss since I got out of it, then punish the grab. Its definitely a great move, but from my experience if you just know the range well, recognize situations when it might be used, and keep your wits about you you should be good with practice
Indeed. <3 How quickly you got out of it was astonishing, made me reconsider my use of it. I have a much greater sense of patience when it comes to using it now, I don't always barge in blindly with a dash grab upon its activation. It's much better to just observe my opponent's reactions from an "empty" PK Fire and build my strategy for using it based on those.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Yes, for the menu only. I'm not going to be playing with a Wiimote...
....unless I have a Nunchuck handy!
GGs. Are you trying to master Olimar? I used to use him few and far between matches, he at least still got some of his power and smashes from brawl, right?

I gotta go eat dinner now.

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
GGs. Are you trying to master Olimar? I used to use him few and far between matches, he at least still got some of his power and smashes from brawl, right?

I gotta go eat dinner now.
I am trying to master Olimar, yeah. My buddy used to whoop me in Brawl with him, don't really see much changed from Brawl to P:M with him besides him having a bit more knockback and only being able to use 4 Pikmin instead of 6 like Brawl.

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
That works too, but if you only use dodges to deal with them then you'll get nonchalant about it. Then you'll start tossing out rolls whenever you suspect Ness is going to PK Fire. From there it's not hard to bait the response after setting up the occasion, especially if you're near a ledge or something and don't want to get pinned by PK Fire. Just mix up how you work around them. Being mobile is usually the safest bet.

Does Bowser's crouch cancel not work against PK Fire? I haven't tested myself. But if you can at least crouch cancel it then you can dtilt to halt his approach from within the pillar or get your shield up and roll away. You could also time a fortress (which you did one time, not sure if that was accidental) but you'll face potentially less punishment if you are grounded when you start the fortress.

Indeed. <3 How quickly you got out of it was astonishing, made me reconsider my use of it. I have a much greater sense of patience when it comes to using it now, I don't always barge in blindly with a dash grab upon its activation. It's much better to just observe my opponent's reactions from an "empty" PK Fire and build my strategy for using it based on those.
Zatch, want to fight?

Top Bottom