• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Whelp, looks like Kaizo disappeared, like a thief in the night. Maybe next time, Scracket. Sorry, dude. ;/

D

Deleted member

I know this question is of total randomness, and I know this is probably the wrong place to ask this, but I'm somewhat desperate for an answer.
Does anyone know if Sound hacks, such as custom BRSTM's or changes to the .sawnd will cause any problems online? I just want to change a couple of soundtracks and DDD's sound bank.

Last edited by a moderator:

dizzypink

Smash Lord
I know this question is of total randomness, and I know this is probably the wrong place to ask this, but I'm somewhat desperate for an answer.
Does anyone know if Sound hacks, such as custom BRSTM's or changes to the .sawnd will cause any problems online? I just want to change a couple of soundtracks and DDD's sound bank.
I'm not qualified to answer that, but you wanna play?

D

Deleted member

That's so terrible 3= I love my thumbs <3 What's your left thumb's name?
Peplite von scwishtie was his name, before the unfortunate accident T.T

But seriously, I never realized how much I took my precious, precious, thumbs for granted...

T.T And right when I thought I'd finally thought I found my way around Marth mains.

dizzypink

Smash Lord
Peplite von scwishtie was his name, before the unfortunate accident T.T

But seriously, I never realized how much I took my precious, precious, thumbs for granted...

T.T And right when I thought I'd finally thought I found my way around Marth mains.
I actually changed my main to Sheik/Zelda o3o Much harder on the thumbs.

D

Deleted member

I actually changed my main to Sheik/Zelda o3o Much harder on the thumbs.
My worst matchups are Peach, Marth, Roy, and Zelda.
What is it with the swordsmen and the princesses!? ._.
I've never fought a Shiek, but I've heard that she's been nerfed in PM.

dizzypink

Smash Lord
My worst matchups are Peach, Marth, Roy, and Zelda.
What is it with the swordsmen and the princesses!? ._.
I've never fought a Shiek, but I've heard that she's been nerfed in PM.
I don't know much about that, I just got into PM like at most two months ago. I have never actually fought a serious Peach player, but I agree with you, Zelda is weird to play against. You have to play...patiently aggressive against her, always be on her but be safe about it.
Marth and Roy (specifically Roy,) are really hard for me to play against even though I know them so well. It's like I learned Marth a different way than everyone plays him. My Marth is really tricky and will definitely "catch" you a lot, unless you're a tricky space bird. Looking at you @ WinterShorts WinterShorts ! You're the person that can avoid me the most consistently no matter what I try.

D

Deleted member

I don't know much about that, I just got into PM like at most two months ago. I have never actually fought a serious Peach player, but I agree with you, Zelda is weird to play against. You have to play...patiently aggressive against her, always be on her but be safe about it.
Marth and Roy (specifically Roy,) are really hard for me to play against even though I know them so well. It's like I learned Marth a different way than everyone plays him. My Marth is really tricky and will definitely "catch" you a lot, unless you're a tricky space bird. Looking at you @ WinterShorts WinterShorts ! You're the person that can avoid me the most consistently no matter what I try.
Out of teh Zelda mains I've faced, all of them had all over the place and completely different strategies and fighting styles, unlike some characters, which can only be play a few ways...
It's crazy. One was abusing the teleport move effectively, one was putting fireballs/Pills back into my face most of the time, one was extremely aggressive, you know what I mean.
I have no idea what to expect. I'm interested to see your style of play.

dizzypink

Smash Lord
Out of teh Zelda mains I've faced, all of them had all over the place and completely different strategies and fighting styles, unlike some characters, which can only be play a few ways...
It's crazy. One was abusing the teleport move effectively, one was putting fireballs/Pills back into my face most of the time, one was extremely aggressive, you know what I mean.
I have no idea what to expect. I'm interested to see your style of play.
I've never played you as Zelda? Strange, I thought I had. Then again I've been playing so many people with Sheik/Zelda lately...
And you can play a lot of characters different ways if you're good with them like that, it's just that Zelda makes it easier or more obvious so more people try more varied styles with her.

D

Deleted member

I've never played you as Zelda? Strange, I thought I had. Then again I've been playing so many people with Sheik/Zelda lately...
And you can play a lot of characters different ways if you're good with them like that, it's just that Zelda makes it easier or more obvious so more people try more varied styles with her.
Yeah, I get what you mean. It's just that some characters are easier to play in different styles than others. (*cough* Fox *cough*)
I've been frantically searching for a new main, mostly to cover up Mario's bad matchups, and I've nearly tried the whole cast of characters... T.T No luck. I kinda like Marth, but... he can only use one move in the air at a time, then he has to land...
I can't do another one afterwards, meaning it's harder to L-cancel...
If only, IF ONLY...

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I get what you mean. It's just that some characters are easier to play in different styles than others. (*cough* Fox *cough*)
I've been frantically searching for a new main, mostly to cover up Mario's bad matchups, and I've nearly tried the whole cast of characters... T.T No luck. I kinda like Marth, but... he can only use one move in the air at a time, then he has to land...
If only, IF ONLY...
I haven't played PM in a while, but I'm pretty sure you can double F-air in one short hop with Marth.

dizzypink

Smash Lord
If only, IF ONLY...
He can totally do two aerials with a short hop, you just have to be REALLY FAST. Mattchu told me that and I've had lots of success with it. You can also do a forward air then an up air if they jump out of it. It might just be my Marth bias but I find it really easy to L cancel with him.
I can guarantee you that nobody is gonna have as easy a combo potential as Mario. You just have to think more with most other people. I also used to think that people like Fox and Ganondorf were unplayable because of how much tech they required, but as I got better at tech with other people I started to nail more tech for different people. Once you get decent with one more character it'll be much easier to play everyone else.

D

Deleted member

I haven't played PM in a while, but I'm pretty sure you can double F-air in one short hop with Marth.
When I tried him yesterday, I couldn't use more than one ariel before I had to land...?
I was using my broken controller's C-stick, but there shouldn't be any problems...
I dunno. I'll try again with all of meh controllers.

dizzypink

Smash Lord
When I tried him yesterday, I couldn't use more than one ariel before I had to land...?
I was using my broken controller's C-stick, but there shouldn't be any problems...
I dunno. I'll try again with all of meh controllers.
I actually find it really hard to use the c-stick when I want to do a second aerial. It's easier to just finger **** the A button the second you come off jump.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I actually find it really hard to use the c-stick when I want to do a second aerial. It's easier to just finger **** the A button the second you come off jump.
Soooo...
I use the C-stick for the first, then use A for the second!?
Mama mia...

Yup. Mario's in my blood. We were made for each other.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
You really, REALLY hate my Bowser, don't you? XD

I want to agree with you on the Zelda part. Whenever I fight the CPU Zelda it's sometimes a bitter experience. Almost all of her attacks are annoying: Fireballs are now landmines, Fsmash has a lot of hitboxes sending you in a weird arc, and neutral b reflects projectiles AND defends herself really well. She's like one of the four characters I hate (the others being Toon Link, f**k his projectiles, and the Earthbound kids, because PK Fire is stupid and Lucas is broken).

dizzypink

Smash Lord
You really, REALLY hate my Bowser, don't you? XD

I want to agree with you on the Zelda part. Whenever I fight the CPU Zelda it's sometimes a bitter experience. Almost all of her attacks are annoying: Fireballs are now landmines, Fsmash has a lot of hitboxes sending you in a weird arc, and neutral b reflects projectiles AND defends herself really well. She's like one of the four characters I hate (the others being Toon Link, f**k his projectiles, and the Earthbound kids, because PK Fire is stupid and Lucas is broken).
I didn't say anything about your Bowser did I? I just complimented your Falco. Though your Bowser is stupid strong and I don't play any characters that are good at beating him XD

D

Deleted member

No, use the A button for both attacks. Just keep rapidly tapping the A button as soon as you can in the air, you'll just barely get it out in time.
But won't it be harder to L-cancel if I'm mashing A?
;l
Verdict: I'm hopeless in life and will never find a new main.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
I didn't say anything about your Bowser did I? I just complimented your Falco. Though your Bowser is stupid strong and I don't play any characters that are good at beating him XD
Oh. When you said space bird for some odd reason I was still thinking Bowser dodging every attack and then there's me grabbing you with Koopa Klaw. My bad.

D

Deleted member

Do you L cancel with your thumb? o3o
NO. Your hurting Peplite's feelingsssssssss...

Sorry about that.

Characters I haven't tried: Charizard, Squirtle, Ike, Ganon, Capt. Falcon, Lucario and Wario.
DAT IZ ALL.
Edit: I forgot teh puffball trio.

dizzypink

Smash Lord
NO. Your hurting Peplite's feelingsssssssss...

Sorry about that.

Characters I haven't tried: Charizard, Squirtle, Ike, Ganon, Capt. Falcon, Lucario and Wario.
DAT IZ ALL.
Dude no joke, Lucario and Wario are like so different from everyone else. Wario feels weird to me so I'd say try Lucario first. Once your thumb gets better I can't wait to ditto you and break your confidence =3=
Lol, jk.
Or am I?

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
But Bowser is neither space nor bird, how did you...
Nevermind, I totally see it.
I don't know. I'm weird. I'm like the only fan of Jenny Wakeman around here, that's proof that i'm weird.

Does anyone want to play now that I'm here?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dude no joke, Lucario and Wario are like so different from everyone else. Wario feels weird to me so I'd say try Lucario first. Once your thumb gets better I can't wait to ditto you and break your confidence =3=
I've heard somewhere that Lucario and Wario were changed so much they feel completely different from thier brawl counterparts. I'll try them out. And if I main one of them, It will be clear to me that it only happened because thier names end with "ario".
And what do you mean by doing dittos? I still don't know what that means.

This cheesy plumber's confidence goes unbroken.

dizzypink

Smash Lord
I've heard somewhere that Lucario and Wario were changed so much they feel completely different from thier brawl counterparts. I'll try them out. And if I main one of them, It will be clear to me that it only happened because thier names end with "ario".
And what do you mean by doing dittos? I still don't know what that means.

This cheesy plumber's confidence goes unbroken.
Dittos is when you both play the same character, since dittos copy whatever they're fighting.

Top Bottom