• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776
Good games Engage, I have to go now but we should totally play some more later! Work on rolling a lot less often, since it seemed to get you killed the most when I was Ness. Also, never run across the stage to dash attack unless the opponent is completely helpless and you know how you're going to follow up. Wavedash + shieldgrab dealt with that a lot of the time, so I was hoping you'd notice how unsafe it was the way you were using it. You're pretty good otherwise though, keep it up!
I know this is for finding matches, but I love that profile pic so much lol

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
GGs but i dont think our internets like each other most of my attacks were taking well over a second to recognize
Good games. It's fine, we could try again at a later time. Try spacing more with Marth's f-air instead of going aggressive with dash attack. It's crazy punishable if you whiff it, and when your opponent is at the very low percents there's almost no benefit to using it unless you're following up with a tipper for a combo or something. Try using f-smash less as well, since it became easy to bait that response too. It's about as punishable as dash attack if you miss with it. If you're going to use it at all, aim for getting tippers. You can't land tipper f-smash when I'm already "behind" its range. At that point, even f-smashing my shield is too risky. Just retreat with f-air or n-air to reestablish space, depending on the size/height of your opponent's character.

Last edited:

xXTOPWOLFXx

Smash Apprentice
thanks...feeling a little less frustrated now might have another go if youre up for it...seems like we could be about an even match if i got a little smarter

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
thanks...feeling a little less frustrated now might have another go if youre up for it...seems like we could be about an even match if i got a little smarter
1v1 anyone? I'm up for more Kirby and Ivysaur practice!
If you two want to rotate or anything, I'd be up for that. Otherwise, you two should play each other!

Rags

Smash Ace
So anyone want to help me shake the cobwebs? I been playing too much shash on 3DS, I need to get back into PM

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
too different, I can see you coming back on this, though you may perfer SSB4. My FC is in my sig. 5288-8100-2897
That's why I'm moving on to Smash 4, been seeing the same old Melee / Brawl for years now, Smash 4 is a breath of fresh air in my eyes. And alright, added you.

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
I need to get used to that delay. There were times where I had the punish, but I just flat out couldn't act or the wrong move came out... 3 SDs... 3!!!
Yeah man, takes a lot of getting used to. I'm still SDing because of wrong inputs or the input not coming out too.

Rags

Smash Ace
Yeah man, takes a lot of getting used to. I'm still SDing because of wrong inputs or the input not coming out too.
What happens is I'll play wifi and get used to it, then I go to a tournament and have to adjust to that, so I play only offline for a bit, but then it's a while before I can play so I get bored and hop online again. Rince and repeat. TBH4 was the longest hiatus I've had though. Had days of lag-free goodness. I wanted to play your link and Kirby with bowser some more, since I need the experience and Link is a bad MU, so I need to play any and all Links I see.

Top Bottom