• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
GG's, Kaizo! You've got an amazing cast of chars, dude, wow. Lmao.

Sorry I did so bad against your Charizard (assuming your main)? I felt like I was playing really poorly in some matches because of the lag; so many incorrect inputs, and I couldn't wave dash worth ****. No johns, I know, but I hope to play a less laggier set next time with you, hopefully, ha ha. GG's again. :)

kaizo13

Smash Champion
@ CaptainKirby CaptainKirby
GGs, i couldn'tt play any of my technical characters because of the input lag but had fun regardless

charizard is indeed one of my mains, along with like 7 other character. The reason i did the best with zard is because he's the easiest to play online. all my other chars are just as good, i just can't do it online lol

awesome kirby btw

Last edited:

dizzypink

Smash Lord
Sorry... that's how I play Mario... and Mario's my only main...
I'll take them back if you'd like.
*Shoves hundreds of fireballs in face*
Your playstyle is really annoying but it works. People are gonna get really salty with you but just because they can't adapt to certain things. Don't get discouraged, you're great.
That said, how many characters have you really tried? I say pick some characters you think that OTHER people play well, and play at least 3 games with them in a row and see if you improve at all with them. If you can improve with a character, you can get good with them, but if after a few games you still just don't understand how to use them, what combos, when to do certain things...then you'll probably never get really good with them. I'm like that with Link mostly, among others. I just don't see how he could possibly chain anything together with so much of his stuff devoted to ranged attacks, but I'm pretty good with characters like Pit, with some ranged potential but a more meaningful physical game.

dizzypink

Smash Lord
@ CaptainKirby CaptainKirby
GGs, i couldn'tt play any of my technical characters because of the input lag but had fun regardless

charizard is indeed one of my mains, along with like 7 other character. The reason i did the best with zard is because he's the easiest to play online. all my other chars are just as good, i just can't do it online lol

awesome kirby btw
Charizard mains seem rare. I'm trying to pick him up, could you give me some general tips like what combos to go for or effective edgeguard techniques?

D

Deleted member

Your playstyle is really annoying but it works. People are gonna get really salty with you but just because they can't adapt to certain things. Don't get discouraged, you're great.
That said, how many characters have you really tried? I say pick some characters you think that OTHER people play well, and play at least 3 games with them in a row and see if you improve at all with them. If you can improve with a character, you can get good with them, but if after a few games you still just don't understand how to use them, what combos, when to do certain things...then you'll probably never get really good with them. I'm like that with Link mostly, among others. I just don't see how he could possibly chain anything together with so much of his stuff devoted to ranged attacks, but I'm pretty good with characters like Pit, with some ranged potential but a more meaningful physical game.
I've tried about 2/5 of the roster so far, but when it comes to trying new characters, I'm so used to Mario that I sometimes use side B thinking it's cape T.T
I know you can do backwards recoveries by tilting diagonally and pressing B, but I'm so used to turning around with cape... It's easier...

And thanks for that first part ;D

Last edited by a moderator:

dizzypink

Smash Lord
I've tried about 2/5 of the roster so far, but when it comes to trying new characters, I'm so used to Mario that I sometimes use side B thinking it's cape T.T
I know you can do backwards recoveries by tilting diagonally and pressing B, but I'm so used to turning around with cape... It's easier...

And thanks for that first part ;D
Ever try Marth or Roy? they have great side Bs for recovery and it wouldn't matter much if you forget that it's not the cape because they're longer range so they'll parry projectiles and the animation ends fast so it's not too condemning.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
i am also eating, i'd be down for dubs in a couple mins

and @ dizzypink dizzypink
the best way to learn is by playing. we can play in a bit if u like

charizard is super underated in my opinion, he's a great character

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ever try Marth or Roy? they have great side Bs for recovery and it wouldn't matter much if you forget that it's not the cape because they're longer range so they'll parry projectiles and the animation ends fast so it's not too condemning.
Yeah, I think it's about time I try Marth. I thought it wouldn't be worth it since I already tried Roy, but who knows? Also, it's hard for me to become very dedicated to another character, because I've spent lots of time learning advanced Mario techniques, like CILL.
It's also nice that Marth Side B works like cape, too, as in it turns me around and hovers.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Well, I need to eat now actually also. Lol. In about 10 minutes-ish, rather, I should be good to go anyway.

dizzypink

Smash Lord
Yeah, I think it's about time I try Marth. I thought it wouldn't be worth it since I already tried Roy, but who knows? Also, it's hard for me to become very dedicated to another character, because I've spent lots of time learning advanced Mario techniques, like CILL.
It's also nice that Marth Side B works like cape, too, as in it turns me around and hovers.
Marth and Roy were really only very similar in Melee, now they're about as similar as fox and falco. They have the same roots, the same feel, the same playstyle...but skill with one doesn't carry over like it did in Melee. Some of roy's attacks are different and even better than marth's, like the down smash and back air. Compared to roy now, marth seems...bland. But bland works.
I'm thinking of learning roy over marth in Project M.

D

Deleted member

Marth and Roy were really only very similar in Melee, now they're about as similar as fox and falco. They have the same roots, the same feel, the same playstyle...but skill with one doesn't carry over like it did in Melee. Some of roy's attacks are different and even better than marth's, like the down smash and back air. Compared to roy now, marth seems...bland. But bland works.
I'm thinking of learning roy over marth in Project M.
Thanks for sharing, I thought the only difference was the fire element added to his attacks.
Maybe just a "Bland" swordsman is what I need.

Top Bottom