• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Ey, currently setting up a friend's Wii I'm borrowing (not the same FC as in my sig; I'll update that later). Haven't played PM for a few weeks, but hopefully Melee was enough to keep me in shape lol.

Anyone up for some matches in maybe 15min once it's ready?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
GGs man
i guess zelda really is the wi-fi queen :(
so hard to get in on her
Samus and Link are currently wifi royalty tho!

Zelda is very defensive so you need to keep the pressure on like you did with ZSS. She is very easy to combo on, but her recovery means you need a clean shot off the sides or go for an easy upward KO.

Online I can't do wavedashing, teledashing, or sheilding properly at all. So I wouldn't judge Zelda based on how I play her... Unless it's offline. lol

GGs tho. All of your characters were really hard to fight against, but especially that vicious ZSS!

Word of advice, that running fakeout doesn't work well against any of the princesses. Buuuuut they can't really handle wavedashers or quick retreats. That especially goes for Zelda since most of her attacks linger or requires precise aim.

Last edited:

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Samus and Link are currently wifi royalty tho!

Zelda is very defensive so you need to keep the pressure on like you did with ZSS. She is very easy to combo on, but her recovery means you need a clean shot off the sides or go for an easy upward KO.

Online I can't do wavedashing, teledashing, or sheilding properly at all. So I wouldn't judge Zelda based on how I play her... Unless it's offline. lol

GGs tho. All of your characters were really hard to fight against, but especially that vicious ZSS!

Word of advice, that running fakeout doesn't work well against any of the princesses. Buuuuut they can't really handle wavedashers or quick retreats. That especially goes for Zelda since most of her attacks linger or requires precise aim.
exactly which running fakeout are talking about? i do a couple different ones

and i didn't mean to discredit you at all, your obviously a good player

Last edited:

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
@ kaizo13 kaizo13 Did you add me yet? Tried to join your game twice and I got the message:
There is no response. Either the player is not connected to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, or you have been removed from the player's friend roster.

Error Code: 80430
And then it goes to the main PM menu and I have to connect to Wi-Fi again...

Last edited:

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
yeah, added you. i see you online
Weird...might just be something with this new Wii .___. I've played against the firend I'm borrowing from, who would've used this one, so it should work.

Lemme see if we have better luck with me hosting instead

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
yeah, added you. i see you online
HOOOOLY those may have been the funnest 2-3 hours of my life. Haven't enjoyed Smash like that for a long while aha. Feel like the biggest scrub in the world by now, having gotten schooled by the entire roster but...GGs for days.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
HOOOOLY those may have been the funnest 2-3 hours of my life. Haven't enjoyed Smash like that for a long while aha. Feel like the biggest scrub in the world by now, having gotten schooled by the entire roster but...GGs for days.
haha, good games man. yeah that was indeed a 3 hour session. i definitely need some sleep now x__X

and yeah i main the whole roster lol, don't feel bad.

some advice, try being a bit more patient. don't throw out so many laggy moves unless you're certain they're going to connect, and don't always go for the kill (or spike), mix it up and go for stage positioning sometimes rather than always staying on the offensive. This way you won't be so predictable. A lot of the time you attack while coming down, sometimes it's best to not challenge the grounded opponent and just find your way down safely. when recovering, you do very unsafe din fires and neutral B's, try focusing on sweetspotting the ledge

Last edited:

Halkite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Halkite
3DS FC
0190-0628-9257
Im up for matches, anyone else around?

Edit: I'll come back around 12pm.

Last edited:

PATH O__o

::The Pathological Trailmix::
3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
Lank is tew gewd though and teams are dumb. So that shield thing probably doesn't happen often. Sorry if I'm coming across as a butt. Its just something I noticed when we played.
Not at all, I really do appreciate it! If you notice anything else, don't hesitate to tell me. Thanks!

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
exactly which running fakeout are talking about? i do a couple different ones

and i didn't mean to discredit you at all, your obviously a good player
Oh I know you didn't mean offense. You didn't even say anything offensive. Some angry person outright called my Zelda a janky scrub and I still didn't care.

By running fakeouts I meant the dash dancing. Only characters with huge dash dancing space like Zelda or weird hurt boxes like the spacies/shorties seem to pull it off. You need impeccable timing to run off safely and consistently, but that's hard to do on wifi. :C

As Zelda I can just tele to your spot and interrupt your dashing. As Peach I can approach or bait you then lead into a turnip, Peach Bomber, or Bair; that is one booty you do not want to have dropped on you. I guess the lesson here is to not dance with a princess at the Wifi Ball, because both princesses are royally trained to twerk up a storm on the dance floor. Trying to dance with them will lead to crush or burn injuries via dropping it like it's hot.

Last edited:

Rags

Smash Ace
Ggs @ Rags Rags nice diddy. I hadnt seen many on wifi or in person.
That kirby though..! tricky dude!

Though I'm still new to using Diddy, playing you taught me a lot actually.

AND your samus too. IDK how I can beat her with bowser. I gotta dance through all the projectiles!

pinkdeaf1

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0387-9018-0614
That kirby though..! tricky dude!

Though I'm still new to using Diddy, playing you taught me a lot actually.

AND your samus too. IDK how I can beat her with bowser. I gotta dance through all the projectiles!
I remember fighting a bowser at a tourney and when I was on ledge, they charged f-smash. It was hard to punish, and I couldn't stay on ledge since it would hit me. Also, cancel grounded down b into up air. Samus falls way too slow to punish a whiff, and if you hit me, I could die easily, bwing floaty and all.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Bowser has a really big power shield window to compensate for his large size and low mobility. But don't ask me how you're supposed to powershield over lag-fi lol

Rags

Smash Ace
I remember fighting a bowser at a tourney and when I was on ledge, they charged f-smash. It was hard to punish, and I couldn't stay on ledge since it would hit me. Also, cancel grounded down b into up air. Samus falls way too slow to punish a whiff, and if you hit me, I could die easily, being floaty and all.
hmm, I guess I just have to get used to the height I would have from a JC down B. I tried using that, but I remember getting punished hard sometimes, and that last match I finally learned how I could improve my ledge game.

Bowser has a really big power shield window to compensate for his large size and low mobility. But don't ask me how you're supposed to powershield over lag-fi lol
ooh yeah, I think PD1 knew when I was just stood there and ate a missle I was trying to powershield. noope. Did NOT work haha

Top Bottom