• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

UrbanJuggernaut

Smash Cadet
GGs ZeroUltima6. Still getting used to Wifi but it seems as though I'm far more effective with Luigi than Mewtwo...also need to learn to shield DA with lingering hitboxes.

Up for some more games if anyones down. Trying to improve.

Last edited:

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
Good games @ TheGhostlyPidove TheGhostlyPidove ! That shield break tho + Jiggly's swag walk then down+special had me cracking up xD. I was so glad you didn't get Marth against Sonic; that is Sonic's worst matchup imo.

TheGhostlyPidove

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2509-2709-5815
Good games @ TheGhostlyPidove TheGhostlyPidove ! That shield break tho + Jiggly's swag walk then down+special had me cracking up xD. I was so glad you didn't get Marth against Sonic; that is Sonic's worst matchup imo.
I never thought I would get a shield break with rollout. I have gotten shield breaks twice, counting this time, and the first time was with the shield breaker itself. I just kept playing random characters for funzies like Samus, Link, and Puff herself. Had tons of fun playing you. We should do this again sometime.

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
Well I clearly got dominated nice matches after that thrashing you gotta give me some tips or something because ive never been beaten that badly before and in dittos with my main and my secondary
Sure, no problem.

I liked you dash dance game. It seemed like you had a solid understanding of what dash dancing is used for, but there are counters to it. For example, I could just overshoot my aerials when you're dashing back to retreat and end up hitting you and starting up a combo. Solutions to that are to bait out/predict/react the overshoot and punish with like a wavedashed back smash attack, a pivot grab, or you could Crouch cancel the aerial. The choice is up to you, really.

Also, you had a predictible tech pattern on knock downs. You almost always teched inwards. And when you were knocked down and missed the tech, if I was close to you, you almost always used get-up attack. So I was able to abuse those habits and punish them every single time because you never gave me a reason to punish anything else. Mixing-up your tech chase patterns is important for not being predictable.

Also, every time you were knocked offstage, you almost always used your double jump immediately to try and get above me/above the stage. When characters like Roy or Ike use their double jump and are hit back offstage again, they're almost always dead. So knowing that you would always double jump, a lot of the time I would just hit you/throw you off stage and hit you out of your double jump. The lesson here is to save your double jump when you're knocked offstage because it is very important for being able to recover.

Also, you should work on your combo/punish game so that you can maximize the amount of damage you can get. However, if there's a situation where you can just throw me offstage and go for the edgeguard, go for that almost always since the goal of the game is to knock your opponent off of the stage.

I hope that helped. ggs, Shadow :3

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
@ TheKmanOfSmash TheKmanOfSmash Thanks man really appreciate it. I guess the reason my tech skill is like that because I fight cpus a lot they never punished me for doing that so that's why when I fought you I was like where did my jump go lol. I also saw that you crouch canceled with Roy and ike a lot so I guess I should practice that to and stop fighting those dumb cpus.

Last edited:

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
@ TheKmanOfSmash TheKmanOfSmash Thanks man really appreciate it. I guess the reason my tech skill is like that because I fight cpus a lot they never punished me for doing that so that's why when I fought you I was like where did my jump go lol. I also saw that you crouch canceled with Roy and ike a lot so I guess I should practice that to and stop fighting those dumb cpus.
No problem :)

And yeah, fighting CPUs make you develop very bad habits. They're nothing like fighting human beings who can adapt to what you do. You should only use CPUs to practice tech skill, don't try to have actual matches with them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom