• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Mattchu

Smash Lord
NNID
Mattchu64
3DS FC
4167-4642-2080
Anyone wanna play PM?
4084-8961-7331
Edit: Can still play if anyone's looking.

Last edited:

UrbanJuggernaut

Smash Cadet
lmao you get used to it. It's not even that bad and is still faster than offline Brawl. If you want I can go a bit easier. I was using my best characters which in retrospect was very unfair since this is your first time on PM's wifi. Sorry. :C

I have delay so I had to practice timing and aiming. Online shielding and grabbing out of shield is very handy. You also need to know which character you're fighting so you know how to fight them and what to avoid. Like Sheik for example kills your shadow balls as long as she's on the ground, so you want to teleport in and get her off the stage since her recovery sucks. If your shadow ball is fully charged it will destroy Sheik's needles and probably slam right into her at full force.

If you master online play you will become a ridonk-good offline fighter. Like my Zelda is pretty so-so online as is my Peach, but offline those b*tches be cray. My friends hate playing my Zelda and Peach because they lose miserably and have to tag team me just to try and win. They're getting better tho. I'm working on my Sheik now... I kinda really suck with her.

What I learned:
Never button mash online. Hit the skill once, wait, and try again. If you are getting hit midair and are trying to fight back, either return to the ground or time the hit right. Always grab to punish someone who gets close since grabbing goes through shields and is almost delay proof.
Thanks for the tips mate, probably gonna stick with Mewtwo and just practice until I get the hang of online play.

Last edited:

PATH O__o

::The Pathological Trailmix::
3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
Well talk about skill to the max there. You're good, like I said in my earlier post. Good Link, Good Marth, Good everything you played, so GGS!
GGs! Nice Bowser you got there! Haha, I'm not that good lol, but I'll take the compliment! It's been so long since I've fought a Bowser main, that was a lot of fun. Thank you for those matches^^

UrbanJuggernaut

Smash Cadet
Anyone have any suggestions to improve connectivity? This is the only way I can play PM with people and I'd really like it to work :/

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
Anyone have any suggestions to improve connectivity? This is the only way I can play PM with people and I'd really like it to work :/
Adapt or quit. Wi-fi sux and unless you can get a better internet connection, there's not much you can do (last I heard, LAN adapters ban you from the wimmfi servers). You just have to keep playing and in time, you get used to the lag.

Top Bottom