• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Room is up.

I'll try power cycling. Gimme a min.

EDIT: Gonna assume since it hasn't been 24 hours since I registered with wiimmfi that its causing me to dc. Will try again tomorrow.
Try giving your wii a static IP, set your wireless' broadcast channel to 11 or 1, and finally enable DMZ while using your Wii's new static IP.

To find your MAC address go to settings in your Wii menu and find the option that says Internet. Click on the 2nd option to see your MAC address. You will need this to help make a static IP.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
GG whoever that was. My bottlenecked delaying + wave dash + spammy moves = tedious after a while. But that's my delay's fault, not yours.

Anyone else wanna fight?

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
GG whoever that was. My bottlenecked delaying + wave dash + spammy moves = tedious after a while. But that's my delay's fault, not yours.

Anyone else wanna fight?
That was me, heh. GGs to you too Lil, princesses are still as good as i see fit.

UrbanJuggernaut

Smash Cadet
Try giving your wii a static IP, set your wireless' broadcast channel to 11 or 1, and finally enable DMZ while using your Wii's new static IP.

To find your MAC address go to settings in your Wii menu and find the option that says Internet. Click on the 2nd option to see your MAC address. You will need this to help make a static IP.
How do I do this? I have my Wii's MAC, changed my broadcast channel to 1 and enabled DMZ, but how do I give my Wii a Static IP? Do I just manually input the information rather than choosing to have it auto-obtain?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
How do I do this? I have my Wii's MAC, changed my broadcast channel to 1 and enabled DMZ, but how do I give my Wii a Static IP? Do I just manually input the information rather than choosing to have it auto-obtain?
It may be called reserve IP instead. You should google how to find where the reserve list is on your router's model. Or you could just look around in the different tabs and see if you can find it. Don't forget to reset the router and Wii!

Last edited:

UrbanJuggernaut

Smash Cadet
It may be called reserve IP instead. You should google how to find where the reserve list is on your router's model. Or you could just look around in the different tabs and see if you can find it. Don't forget to reset the router and Wii!
I made up an IP and input all the information as I see it in command prompt (ipconfig /all) left MTU at 0, added my Wii's new IP and MAC addresses to the DMZ and MAC Address Control lists on my router's respective pages (giving it full access of course). Still won't let me connect but gonna power cycle and see if that helps.

EDIT: Ya still not working. Following this guide (didn't call ISP for DNS but found them here) Error Code: 51030 Unable to find an access point. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I made up an IP and input all the information as I see it in command prompt (ipconfig /all) left MTU at 0, added my Wii's new IP and MAC addresses to the DMZ and MAC Address Control lists on my router's respective pages (giving it full access of course). Still won't let me connect but gonna power cycle and see if that helps.
Ok. I will leave my room up so you can test your connection.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Back online anybody up for a game? FC: 1852-8361-3187
Sorry. Late. But I'm sure you found out it's because the Wii is derptarded and only allows for 000.000.000.000 format when dealing with IPs/DNS. So you have to have it set to automatic. However your router is the one who assigns an IP for the Wii to use, so your Wii will always use the IP you assigned to it by default. No other device can steal that IP address when using the same router.

Anyway! I'll fight ya.

Last edited:

UrbanJuggernaut

Smash Cadet
Holy mother of lag.

Its too laggy to even be enjoyable :/ Basically can't time anything.

EDIT: Maybe let me try hosting?

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Holy mother of lag.

Its too laggy to even be enjoyable :/ Basically can't time anything.
lmao you get used to it. It's not even that bad and is still faster than offline Brawl. If you want I can go a bit easier. I was using my best characters which in retrospect was very unfair since this is your first time on PM's wifi. Sorry. :C

I have delay so I had to practice timing and aiming. Online shielding and grabbing out of shield is very handy. You also need to know which character you're fighting so you know how to fight them and what to avoid. Like Sheik for example kills your shadow balls as long as she's on the ground, so you want to teleport in and get her off the stage since her recovery sucks. If your shadow ball is fully charged it will destroy Sheik's needles and probably slam right into her at full force.

If you master online play you will become a ridonk-good offline fighter. Like my Zelda is pretty so-so online as is my Peach, but offline those b*tches be cray. My friends hate playing my Zelda and Peach because they lose miserably and have to tag team me just to try and win. They're getting better tho. I'm working on my Sheik now... I kinda really suck with her.

What I learned:
Never button mash online. Hit the skill once, wait, and try again. If you are getting hit midair and are trying to fight back, either return to the ground or time the hit right. Always grab to punish someone who gets close since grabbing goes through shields and is almost delay proof.

Last edited:

UrbanJuggernaut

Smash Cadet
Holy mother of lag.
lmao you get used to it. It's not even that bad and is still faster than offline Brawl. If you want I can go a bit easier. I was using my best characters which in retrospect was very unfair since this is your first time on PM's wifi. Sorry. :C

If you master online play you will become a ridonk-good offline fighter. Like my Zelda is pretty so-so online as is my Peach, but offline those b*tches be cray. My friends hate playing my Zelda and Peach because they lose miserably and have to tag team me just to try and win. They're getting better tho. I'm working on my Sheik now... I kinda really suck with her.
99% of my mistakes were due to the latency. I've never played Smash online and am not used to having any sort of lag. Also had tap jump on accidentally which ****ed up my best approach (Short-hop tele hover Nair). Couldn't really WD either due to the lag. I just need to play a online a lot more and basically relearn my character D: I'm getting back on now if you wanna play some more.

UrbanJuggernaut

Smash Cadet
Fun games, I honestly don't know if its even worth playing this online with how bad the latency is :c Maybe be on again sometime and we can play. See ya :D

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Fun games, I honestly don't know if its even worth playing this online with how bad the latency is :c Maybe be on again sometime and we can play. See ya :D
GGs. It's usually best to just wavedash in the center of the stage and slowly build your way up until you get used to it so you don't accidentally fall off the stage. All wavedashing does online is make it harder to hit you and is sometimes good for positioning if you're fighting a campy person.

I can barely get short hops or stage recoveries right with my delay. I sure as hell am not going to try wavedashing. Everyone's connection on their end is different. I've seen people with little to no delay and fighting them is usually ridonk. They're alright people so it's not so annoying. Though the ones who get cocky are kind of sad so you can either humor them or just black list them.

I think next time you play you should work on aerials, short hops, and baiting/zoning/pressuring/whatever your character of choice is good at. Stick to one char for now and then slowly add to your list. Try to put wavedashing on the bottom of the list. Once you're good with those you can probably just skip wavedashing entirely. Or you can use all of them together. It's whatever.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
How did you get the black Marth face in your signature?
I used the pics from http://ssbwiki.com/Palette_swap_(SSBM) and linked them into my sig. ...well, I didn't actually use those in particular, but only because I didn't realize said link existed until afterwards. The wiki has pages for each of the other games' palette swaps as well, so it's pretty convenient.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Dat wavedashin tho. IDK wut do. I still can't handle Bowser. Is he your main?
In once again a very late response, yes he is my main. Why people ask? Because he's absolutely ridiculous that's why. He can jump out of his ground pound and can smash someone off the screen at 20%. Plus I have a feeling his up-b is stronger, so yeah.

Anyone up for some games? or is NEO going to ask me to play after my message?

TheGhostlyPidove

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2509-2709-5815
In once again a very late response, yes he is my main. Why people ask? Because he's absolutely ridiculous that's why. He can jump out of his ground pound and can smash someone off the screen at 20%. Plus I have a feeling his up-b is stronger, so yeah.

Anyone up for some games? or is NEO going to ask me to play after my message?
I would like to play.

Top Bottom