• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
GG's Captain Kirby!! I literally had to STOP and put a coat of fresh deodorant on just to continue you playing. Jeez, I've always been scared of your Kirby but, your Yoshi? WTH. Btw, your name is also a household name for us. Whenever someone wrecked someone else with b-airs, we say, "You got Captain Kirby'd". Haha. Anyways, nicely done destroying my Mario, G&W, Link, DDD, Diddy Kong, Etc. You never fail to impress :-)

Time for work!

- Ace

Last edited:

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
GG's Captain Kirby!! I literally had to STOP and put a coat of fresh deodorant on just to continue you playing. Jeez, I've always been scared of your Kirby but, your Yoshi? WTH. Btw, your name is also a household name for us. Whenever someone wrecked someone else with b-airs, we say, "You got Captain Kirby'd". Haha. Anyways, nicely done destroying my Mario, G&W, Link, DDD, Diddy Kong, Etc. You never fail to impress :-)

Time for work!

- Ace
Ha ha, thanks, man. Honestly, I feel like I could definitely improve, though, seeing as how I hardly practice at all offline anymore. I hardly touched P:M after Wi-Fi had been shut down, so I'm still fairly finding my groove again as of now, step by step. Thanks for the encouragement, though, and lol at that "Captain Kirby'd." xD GG's, dude.

Edit: Itsaxelol, sorry, I just got done having a long session. Gonna take a break for now.

Last edited:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I said I could play Brawl. Don't know why you had to leave >.>

Also, I assume (though I could be wrong) the reason you are disconnecting with other people in this thread is because everyone in this thread plays Project M and you're trying to join their rooms while still on Brawl. Brawl and P:M aren't compatible online, both players either have to have Brawl or both players have to have Project M. Otherwise, the games will always desync every time.

Not trying to sound elitist or anything, but this is a Project M thread in the Project M forum. I don't think you will find many Brawl matches here, though I said I would play Brawl if you wanted. There is a Brawl wi-fi thread on the Brawl forums over there, but I think it's inactive. Other Brawl sites include AllisBrawl and fsmash, I believe. If you still insist on wanting to ask people to play Brawl here, I guess that's fine but specifically say you want to play Brawl and not Project M so that you don't force people to go through desyncs, assuming that they're playing P:M.
Ah alright man. And I know how to play Project M quite good. I just don't care to play it. I prefer Brawl, meh.

Dott

Smash Ace
Well, FFA just for fun anyone?

Feel free to add me and join, i'll refresh the page after every match (if anyone joins lol).

pinkdeaf1

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0387-9018-0614
Luckily I checked back one more time. I'll join.

Edit: I don't think you have me added, though

Edit2: lol ok, I give up, dude. I don't want to wait another 20 mins again. My apologies!
Gosh kman. You are too good. I can't win. Any suggestions for the person you absolutely dominated?

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
pink do you wanna play a few games? like right now. ill give you 3 mins to answer before i go

nvm

Last edited:

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
Gosh kman. You are too good. I can't win. Any suggestions for the person you absolutely dominated?
Sure, no problem.

You do the same approach over and over again: missile cancel ---> dash attack or missile cancel ---> full hop nair to catch the double jump OoS. Both of those options lose to me just staying in shield, so I could get a free grab on the dash attack every time or I can just roll away under the nair every time. If you had mixed it up and done missile cancel ---> grab or missile cancel ---> pokes on my shield, that beats the staying in shield option that I was abusing (because grab beats shield and pokes diminish my shield health) and then you become a much more threatening player to play against because I can't stay in my shield for free, the one thing I was using to get a majority of my punishes.

Also, you need to abuse platform canceled missiles. Doing that makes it significantly hard for me to approach you.

Also, every Samus in the world loves to spam nair when they're getting comboed, but that's easily countered. For example, when I grabbed you with Falcon at low percents, a lot of the time I would down throw and either stand and wait for you to fall with nair or run up in my shield and let your nair hit it. Then I'd regrab you to continue the combo. You could attempt to jump out, but if I were to catch your landing with Falcon's up-air, then I can juggle you for days and if you end up offstage, you don't have a double jump. When you're getting comboed by a Falcon who knows how to combo Samus, the most important thing you need to do is to focus on combo DI (you should DI down and away vs Falcon). DI is significantly more important than mashing a cheap combo breaker move that is easily countered or wasting your double jump.

Also, I know how to avoid Samus' crouch cancel options for the most part. I like to do spaced aerials on Samus and then immediately put up my shield so that I'll always shield you attacks out of the CC. And since Samus has a lot of delay on her moves, I can easily respond with an OoS option and if you don't catch on to my strategy, I can just keep on abusing it every single time. Just because Samus has great CC options, does not mean they have no weakness and that they should be something you should always rely on.

I liked some of the risks you took offstage in edgeguarding like with the dair, that impressed me. Because so many P:M players suck at edgeguarding and Samus isn't necessary the best at going offstage and edgeguarding someone. However, your edgeguarding could use improvement. When you're hanging on the ledge, there were plenty of times where you could have done a drop down back air to hit me as I'm recovering from below the stage, but you never really did that. The drop down back air from ledge, nair offstage, dair, missiles, charge shot, etc, are all good edgeguarding tools for Samus and you should try to explore different ways of using them to edgeguard.

Also, your options from the ledge back to the stage were very predictible. Almost 70% of the time, you were doing get up attack and the other 30% was ledgehop fair, making it very easy to pushing by just staying on the ledge and shield grabbing or some other option (I like to do full hops and come down with an aerial as you're rising from the ledge).

Welp, I think that's all I got. I hope that helped. ggs Pinkdeaf1 :3

DarklyBigRabbi

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I've got it going and the FC should work. If it's not working then give me a bit to check everything out.

Subtle One

Smash Journeyman
Im joining ASAPPPPP
Had to reset my router I'm back for more

EDIT: May just retire from wifi untul further notice. Jerky input and d/c is starting to get outta hand and I'm thinking its my connections fault more than anyone else's

Last edited:

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Had to reset my router I'm back for more

EDIT: May just retire from wifi untul further notice. Jerky input and d/c is starting to get outta hand and I'm thinking its my connections fault more than anyone else's
Nah, my connection is kinda wonky too at times. Sometimes its AMAZING. Other times, well lol.

Top Bottom