• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
But... but... why? D:
All characters are very good online. Some are better than others by default because of the delay/speed issues for some players. For me, some online characters are beyond annoying to fight or even use because of my delay.

Link and Tink are top tier delayer slayers. I'd rather fight them in a 2v2 since that makes them a lot more manageable because of the friendly fire.

Soooo does anyone want to 1v1 or maybe 2v2? FC = 3182-9684-8331

Last edited:

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
All characters are very good online. Some are better than others by default because of the delay/speed issues for some players. For me, some online characters are beyond annoying to fight or even use because of my delay.

Link and Tink are top tier delayer slayers. I'd rather fight them in a 2v2 since that makes them a lot more manageable because of the friendly fire.

Soooo does anyone want to 1v1 or maybe 2v2? FC = 3182-9684-8331
I'll play 0174-1013-2303

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Our connection was green but lol ok

ggs, I guess
I think you're confusing lag with delay. lol

I even have it when fighting someone who's just 8 miles away from me. :C

I tend to not fight people with very little to no delay because of it. So at least this way instead of us wasting 20-60 minutes on one sided fights, we can find opponents with similar latency to have kinda fair fights. I think there's a chat room with a bunch of competition-leveled fighters with the latency to match somewhere on mibbit. I just forgot the name. I saw it somewhere on the forums I just can't think of where atm.

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
I think you're confusing lag with delay. lol

I even have it when fighting someone who's just 8 miles away from me. :C

I tend to not fight people with very little to no delay because of it. So at least this way instead of us wasting 20-60 minutes on one sided fights, we can find opponents with similar latency to have kinda fair fights. I think there's a chat room with a bunch of competition-leveled fighters with the latency to match somewhere on mibbit. I just forgot the name. I saw it somewhere on the forums I just can't think of where atm.
Both players experience the same amount of delay. The delay that you were feeling was the same as what I was feeling, but you did not see me quit out and I wouldn't have done so even if I had lost every game because that's disrespectful to my opponent. If you honestly expect to have a delay-less experience with Brawl wi-fi, then you might as well quit playing online. Delay is almost always a given and instead of making excuses for it, you could at the very least adapt to it, work with what you're given, and ask for advice from your opponent (which I would have been more than happy to give) or quit.

That's just my opinion.

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
Ooh I want to play
Alright, give me a sec and I'll give you my friend code. I was playing Mario Kart 8 xD
Friend code is: 4086-2190-5836. And would it be okay if I record these matches for the BrosUnited Youtube channel?

Last edited:

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
Solo, try rehosting the group.
Hey Path :D. I've been keeping Squirtle fresh, and game him a couple new approaches :p

Last edited:

PATH O__o

::The Pathological Trailmix::
3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
Solo, try rehosting the group.
Hey Path :D. I've been keeping Squirtle fresh, and game him a couple new approaches :p
Sounds awesome! ;P Ya should show me sometime! I kinda stopped playing after WFC went down, so I'm trying to unrust now lol.

On another note, anyone wanna plei?

Last edited:

PATH O__o

::The Pathological Trailmix::
3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
Hold up, I'm having some issues getting online...

Edit: this might take awhile while I figure out what's wrong, I'll let you know when I get things running again to see if you still wanna play.

Last edited:

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
Good games Solo. That lag was hurtin'. Multiple times it did not let me use my double jump and I was sluggish thoughout 85% of the matches. I'm not sure if you were getting what I was getting but it was getting pretty hard to handle. I accidentally forgot to save a replay that you won against Toon Link so I didn't save the next one I won. I'm seriously thinking on not uploading those because the lag was so obvious in them. Unless you say otherwise, I'll skip out on this set.

First good MetaKnight player on PM award goes to you!

Last edited:

pinkdeaf1

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0387-9018-0614
Who wants to play some doubles?! By the way, I feel like there should be a forum topic for doubles on wifi just because its really hard to actually organize a doubles match at all.

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
Good games Solo. That lag was hurtin'. Multiple times it did not let me use my double jump and I was sluggish thoughout 85% of the matches. I'm not sure if you were getting what I was getting but it was getting pretty hard to handle. I accidentally forgot to save a replay that you won against Toon Link so I didn't save the next one I won. I'm seriously thinking on not uploading those because the lag was so obvious in them. Unless you say otherwise, I'll skip out on this set.

First good MetaKnight player on PM award goes to you!
Yeah, next time you can record matches that don't have lag. It hurt me pretty bad as well.

Also thank you!

Last edited:

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
Bros Meteor: I know this is totally random and all, but is it okay if I say that I love PATH O_o? I got the autograph too. <3

Top Bottom