• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Royal-X

Smash Ace
GGs @ dizzypink dizzypink
Sowwy for going AFW. My dog keeps on harassing me. Interesting DeDeDe. I'd stop using his Up Special in neutral. It's very punishable since I can shield the initial impact and crouch cancel the star hitboxes and punish. I can even hit you while youre coming down. I think you were focusing too much on waddledashing. It takes a while to setup, and is predictable. Also Jet Hammer or F-Air>F-Smash. You can throw out at least two F-Airs in the time it takes to F-Smash.

Edit: I'm still not satisfied. I require more matches. I command one of you to play me.

Last edited:

dizzypink

Smash Lord
GGs @ R Royal-X you left without mentioning anything, and I was thinking about stopping after that anyway. I know my DDD needs work, as I don't play too many heavy, slow characters, but I'm just trying to get used to his mindset right now.
What do you think I should work on and what should I go for? I noticed my usual dair to up tilt doesn't always work, and my poking tendencies can get me into trouble, other than that did you notice anything I should stop or start doing?

Royal-X

Smash Ace
GGs @ R Royal-X you left without mentioning anything, and I was thinking about stopping after that anyway. I know my DDD needs work, as I don't play too many heavy, slow characters, but I'm just trying to get used to his mindset right now.
What do you think I should work on and what should I go for? I noticed my usual dair to up tilt doesn't always work, and my poking tendencies can get me into trouble, other than that did you notice anything I should stop or start doing?
Work on spacing. DeDeDe can cover a lot of space with F-Tilt and F-Air, plus minions can sometimes harass characters without projectiles into approaching. You generally want people just in your F-Tilt range but not in your face. DeDeDe doesn't have a lot of combos. You have U-Throw to U-Tilt and U-Throw chaingrabs on fastfallers at low to mid percents. At higher percents this leads to U-Throw>U-Smash. There's also N-Air>Grab or Jab, F-Air>Grab, and at higher percents Jab>Jab>Jet Hammer. Your main focus is getting people offstage and edgeguarding with F-Air, B-Air, or scaring them on stage so you can get them with a Jet Hammer. On bad recovers one F-Air does the trick. B-Air has a lasting hitbox so it works too on more tricky recovers. If you have a lead you can always DeDeDecide

Edit: @ T trati can I join dubs?
Double Edit: Nvm. Looks like you found someone

Last edited:

trati

Smash Ace
sure join my room

Work on spacing. DeDeDe can cover a lot of space with F-Tilt and F-Air, plus minions can sometimes harass characters without projectiles into approaching. You generally want people just in your F-Tilt range but not in your face. DeDeDe doesn't have a lot of combos. You have U-Throw to U-Tilt and U-Throw chaingrabs on fastfallers at low to mid percents. At higher percents this leads to U-Throw>U-Smash. There's also N-Air>Grab or Jab, F-Air>Grab, and at higher percents Jab>Jab>Jet Hammer. Your main focus is getting people offstage and edgeguarding with F-Air, B-Air, or scaring them on stage so you can get them with a Jet Hammer. On bad recovers one F-Air does the trick. B-Air has a lasting hitbox so it works too on more tricky recovers. If you have a lead you can always DeDeDecide

Edit: @ T trati can I join dubs?
Double Edit: Nvm. Looks like you found someone

Top Bottom