• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Rapid_Cher

Smash Ace
NNID
PM1723-9875-4071
Coolz. My FC: 5458-6538-9956
Thanks for the games my man. I was able to beat your squitle for the first bit right? after your yoshi, i just tried to pick up your ledge tactics.. to no avail. i am ledge skill disabled. i cant ever learn by watching! what was i missing

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Thanks for the games my man. I was able to beat your squitle for the first bit right? after your yoshi, i just tried to pick up your ledge tactics.. to no avail. i am ledge skill disabled. i cant ever learn by watching! what was i missing
No problem. Yeah, you were doing good, but lag also felt a little worse at the beginning (not trying to john, but just took me a while to get used to anyway). I made a lot of mistakes, needless to say, heh.

I was just following your pattern at the ledge. You typically only jumped off, rarely switching it up between, so I tried edge guarding aptly. You have a pretty solid neutral game, but just remember to alternate different tactics at the ledge. Remember, you have some frames of invincibility, so don't be afraid to immediately counter someone fishing for you there with a fair or whichever aerial your character's fastest with. Good luck. :)

Edit: Anyone else want to play?

Last edited:

waygu

Smash Lord
@ Cooperocity Cooperocity GGs dude. sorry for not switching characters im trying to focus on sheik for right now to learn di depedant follow ups. you got me on tilt there at the end, i would finally get in and get too scared to do anything and got punished lol.

waygu

Smash Lord
beside fairing when i shouldve naired and spacing do you have any tips/critiques/habits you could help me with? i know i was jumping from ledge too much lol, i feel like i can jump over your hitbox but i should quit that lol

Cooperocity

Smash Journeyman
beside fairing when i shouldve naired and spacing do you have any tips/critiques/habits you could help me with? i know i was jumping from ledge too much lol, i feel like i can jump over your hitbox but i should quit that lol
i dunno, the only thing i really noticed is that you don't fast fall as much as i do, i throw out way more attacks than you do but i guess thats just our difference in play styles. In my opinion sheik is better played aggressively but most competitive players see it otherwise

Last edited:

un.dead

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Project M code ⬆
3DS FC
0650-2459-4046
dude DI hard behind ganon and even if you miss tech they usually dont follow up and if they become aware you now have twice as many mix ups. i used to ****ing HATE that move until i figured that out
I always DI behind Ganon's and escape these guys' followups so I'm always prepared to cover that option. But I got 5 back to back tech roll reads, that's the problem. There's no escaping that unless you're like Falco or something.

I'll play
Yo I've only seen like 2 other Pikas around. Play me afterwards if you're down.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
what's your code?
1977-3397-3022

I always DI behind Ganon's and escape these guys' followups so I'm well aware of that. But I got 5 back to back tech roll reads, that's the problem. There's no escaping that unless you're like Falco or something.

Pika is my Brawl character lol, still play him a bit in Project M but not as much

Cooperocity

Smash Journeyman
I always DI behind Ganon's and escape these guys' followups so I'm always prepared to cover that option. But I got 5 back to back tech roll reads, that's the problem. There's no escaping that unless you're like Falco or something.

is one of them mine and the other paradox?

Cooperocity

Smash Journeyman
1977-3397-3022

Pika is my Brawl character lol, still play him a bit in Project M but not as much
GGs, my friend told me to play my worst characters and i thought i did pretty well considering i haven't played more than 10 games with any one of them lol

Mattchu

Smash Lord
NNID
Mattchu64
3DS FC
4167-4642-2080
I have a friend with me for dubs, need 2. Hopefully a good connection.
4084-8961-7331

Last edited:

dizzypink

Smash Lord
I'm going to my boyfriend's house tomorrow and might not be back for a couple weeks. I can stay up tonight for a while, so who wants to send me off? I'll either be way worse or way better when I get back.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
I'm going to my boyfriend's house tomorrow and might not be back for a couple weeks. I can stay up tonight for a while, so who wants to send me off? I'll either be way worse or way better when I get back.
I'll play you for now, Dizzy. Been a while.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Oh you know it! Start out with some Kirby dittos?
Let me just get something to eat quick.
I'll probably use Kirby later, then, sure. Trying to get good with Squirtle, so he's been my priority as of late. You still have me added, right (if so, I'll go ahead and open a room)?

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
GGs, but we always get so much lag and for some reason you can adapt to it so well...I couldn't even waveland.
GG's, dude. Honestly, the lag is pretty stressful all around, and I can see why it handicapped our matches so much. Hopefully one day, we'll get a better connection together.

Top Bottom