• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

waygu

Smash Lord
randomly stopping in to say god DAMN does wifi actually **** up your timing/instincts if you only play wifi...
and that i got 2-0'd out of $10 lmao

i love you wifi thread but idk when im gonna reinstall

PoeticMonkey

Smash Ace
randomly stopping in to say god DAMN does wifi actually **** up your timing/instincts if you only play wifi...

Aww. I'm totally on the same page. When lag causes a recovery to fail that I know I could otherwise have made had it been a local game, my brain burns. But I'm just still baffled over how the online play service is still up and running by the community when Nintendo dropped all online functionality in their games. I know they had another company involved in managing that and those partnerships will dry up at some point. But look at what extents us smashers go though to keep smashing.

I know how that feels, it's the main reason I have 2builds, when I play locally after playing WiFi, it's a bit overwhelming because of how much faster the gameplay feels, It takes me a good number of games to adjust, I try to get involved in as many friendlies as I can. Haha.

Boondocker

Smash Ace
I know how that feels, it's the main reason I have 2builds, when I play locally after playing WiFi, it's a bit overwhelming because of how much faster the gameplay feels, It takes me a good number of games to adjust, I try to get involved in as many friendlies as I can. Haha.
Stop johning and play me. Im on tonight

waygu

Smash Lord
Lmao I had friendlies with one dude that went alright since he was going secondary. Its sad that frame advantage is literally almost completely lost over wifi for me. Inputs are just super jank on wifi and now that's my learned way of doing all techs lmao

not even kidding i learned marth's dair is safe on shield today like lmfao like im starting from square 1

Last edited:
Lmao I had friendlies with one dude that went alright since he was going secondary. Its sad that frame advantage is literally almost completely lost over wifi for me. Inputs are just super jank on wifi and now that's my learned way of doing all techs lmao

not even kidding i learned marth's dair is safe on shield today like lmfao like im starting from square 1
That reminds me of a time when I threw a smashfest at my house, I got rekt and felt like I didn't even know my characters. But, I owe it to WiFi since I rarely play locally. Even if it is a bit rough. There's actually a tourney coming up, 45 minutes away from here, on Saturday. it's kinda what encouraged me to return from my 3 month hiatus, I really want to see how much better I'll do since I was just starting out during my smashfest.

Also, GG's @ Boondocker Boondocker It had been a while since I got to play the Pika/Wario MU! It's pretty even I'd say.

Last edited:

EarthboundHero

Smash Ace
NNID
DutMob_A1

Lol wifi is probably not the reason you lost... My combos are actually dirtier offline from playing Wi-Fi. Step it up Waygu and let's train.

waygu

Smash Lord
Lol wifi is probably not the reason you lost... My combos are actually dirtier offline from playing Wi-Fi. Step it up Waygu and let's train.
i still have fullset installed, it'd take too long to reinstall for games. but nah it was seriously bad, analog inputs like hops and dashes were sooo off. i also underestimated the crt factor. im gonna retrain my muscle memory and stick to in person mostly, it was a completely different game lmfao, i feel like ive been playing brawl

Top Bottom