• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

dizzypink

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I'm down for some games. Anybody wanna go?
I'm picking up Mewtwo and might practice him a little if the matches go on for long enough. I have bursts of skill with him, but I'm still trying to understand him a little.

Royal-X

Smash Ace
I'm picking up Mewtwo and might practice him a little if the matches go on for long enough. I have bursts of skill with him, but I'm still trying to understand him a little.
Ah snap a fellow Mewtwo main. I have to have a Mewtwo ditto with you soon

Scraket

Smash Ace
I'll play

Last edited:

dizzypink

Smash Lord
Ah snap a fellow Mewtwo main. I have to have a Mewtwo ditto with you soon
Main? No no no, most of those in my signature are secondaries, that I'm only kind of comfortable playing. I only really think I'm good enough with Ganon and Kirby to main them, I plan on changing my Ike main soon to Charizard or Marth. I don't actually understand the others quite as well as my mains, so it'll probably be an easy ditto for you unless it's with one of those that I mentioned I am actually that good with ^.^

Royal-X

Smash Ace
GGs guys. Shame that Pidove left so early. Also the SD with Falcon trying to Knee my Zelda was hilarious.

Anywho, anybody up for a 1v1 since I'm in the mood?

Scraket

Smash Ace
GGs Vantel Williams those were some fun games.
I have some advice for you as a Lucas main.
You should learn how to DJC pk freeze. It is part of why Lucas has such a great neutral game. DJC pk freeze is faster than short hop pk freeze, is lower to the ground, and is easier to follow up on. DJC pk freeze can lead into almost anything and can even combo into DACUS
You should also just learn to DJC in general. DJC magnets and aerials are great ways to shield pressure and combo
here's a vid about DJC aerials
Magnet approaches can combo into DJC aerials, wave dash back aerials, running up smash, and more so its something you should try more of. Magnets are essential to Lucas's combo game.
Also you should practice wave dashing more. Lucas has an amazing wavedash. Wavedashing out of magnet is important for a lot of followups.
Also you use a lot of dash attack which can be useful but is often outclassed by approaching magnet, fair, djc fair, etc.
There are a lot more kill options than f-smash that are more reliable. D-throw can combo into B-air for a spike or a kill off the sides or top if opponents don't DI the D-throw correctly, and sweetspot f-air, the later hits of n-air, and b-air can kill.
And lastly you should be using Jump Cancelled grabs instead of dash grabs.

LOL sorry for this big post. Just trying to spread the Lucas knowledge!
Oh and I don't have a FB sorry

Last edited:

un.dead

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Project M code ⬆
3DS FC
0650-2459-4046
Wizard's foot power, pseudo cape, automatic flight, and other astethic bull**** he didn't really need in the first place. Do I need to say more?

Btw does anyone wanna play?
I'll play you for a little bit.

Royal-X

Smash Ace
Whew... what a workout. lol. Thanks for all those games. GGs. I liked our rotating character thing we had. It's interesting and helpful to see someone else's tricks with each one.
GGS sir. I mainly rotate to find a decent secondary. You have an interesting Sheik. I'm pretty sure once you learn those F-Air and edgeguard setups you'll have a fearsome main on your hands

Top Bottom