• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Freebon

Smash Rookie
NNID
MHBFlightrush
3DS FC
5198-2594-3027
1809-8870-7555. I really need some PM training.

waygu

Smash Lord
GGs. So did you see some specific bad/good habits of mine re: my neutral game that I could work on?
*these are good tactics for newer players in general btw might be worth reading if thats you*

i saw my own bad habit of not learning spinshots range lmao. you did good at adjusting and adapting to neutral/tactics and learned what you could get away with and not.
you figured out im going to approach every time cause im in that mood and to hold off, sonic got away with literal run ups after whiffed attacks, im not used to that level of punish so i failed to adapt to that lol. so you either baited or dodged one attack then went in. i recognized that but couldnt do anything about it.
I would mix up your approach options since sonic has such good speed and can close gaps
you could go for things like run up and shield to get a reaction from them and then grab or wavedash out of that.
on top of that upping your shield game in general couldnt hurt, get used to options like jumping out of shield (nair OOS as a punish is godly).
getting used your shield and how to use it offensively is something huge in this game and it allows you to push through their defenses safely at times. i was trying to running power shield your spin shot all game so i could grab you or get a punish but no such luck.
another really good tactic is after you shield a hit (preferably light/medium hit), wavedash out of shield at them and act accordingly. very powerful punishing tool.
maybe get more comfortable grabbing. run up jc grabs or dash dance pivot jc grabs are godly and you can grab people out of aerials all day.
you also like to cross up a lot and go behind people so try running past them and then immediately grab behind you. or if theyre tech rolling run past and back grab. (shout out mean green for this god damn)
other than that dash dance/fox trot more to close distances and approach so you can approach/punish from there and get that first hit and then lay in with spin shots

these are all the tips i have to improve without picking apart your negatives because you wooped me lol. ggs.

Last edited:

waygu

Smash Lord
I'll play now but just like 5 or 10 matches. 3139-0341-3960
Also you should, play waygu, he'll give you a lot of good advice.
good news is i suck vs link and like fire emblem dittos so i'll definitely play you in a little while freebon

Luk

Smash Journeyman
i saw my own bad habit of not learning spinshots range lmao. you did good at adjusting and adapting to neutral/tactics and learned what you could get away with and not.
you figured out im going to approach every time cause im in that mood and to hold off, sonic got away with literal run ups after whiffed attacks, im not used to that level of punish so i failed to adapt to that lol. so you either baited or dodged one attack then went in. i recognized that but couldnt do anything about it.
I would mix up your approach options since sonic has such good speed and can close gaps
you could go for things like run up and shield to get a reaction from them and then grab or wavedash out of that.
on top of that upping your shield game in general couldnt hurt, get used to options like jumping out of shield (nair OOS as a punish is godly).
getting used your shield and how to use it offensively is something huge in this game and it allows you to push through their defenses safely at times. i was trying to running power shield your spin shot all game so i could grab you or get a punish but no such luck.
another really good tactic is after you shield a hit (preferably light/medium hit), wavedash out of shield at them and act accordingly. very powerful punishing tool.
maybe get more comfortable grabbing. run up jc grabs or dash dance pivot jc grabs are godly and you can grab people out of aerials all day.
you also like to cross up a lot and go behind people so try running past them and then immediately grab behind you. or if theyre tech rolling run past and back grab. (shout out mean green for this god damn)
other than that dash dance/fox trot more to close distances and approach so you can approach/punish from there and get that first hit and then lay in with spin shots

these are all the tips i have to improve without picking apart your negatives because you wooped me lol. ggs.
Awesome. Thanks for all the feedback.

I've been advised in the past that I over-use Sonics specials (which I totally do), but it's hard to break the habit when it works so well against some players/MUs :)

I have been seeing a lot of good results with the dash JC grabs as you say. I guess I just need to remind myself to bring those out from time to time. Definitely right about my lack of shield use. I'll have to start incorporating that into my game.

waygu

Smash Lord
Awesome. Thanks for all the feedback.

I've been advised in the past that I over-use Sonics specials (which I totally do), but it's hard to break the habit when it works so well against some players/MUs :)

I have been seeing a lot of good results with the dash JC grabs as you say. I guess I just need to remind myself to bring those out from time to time. Definitely right about my lack of shield use. I'll have to start incorporating that into my game.
if it works it works but you gotta think of other ways to close that gap or make your opponent do it for you. ggs again, look forward to playing more and maybe actually learning sonic

GregoroV

Smash Rookie
Hi!
My code is 5331 7602 5893
Im living in UK, i can host matches if needed (120Mbit fibreoptic). Everyone is wellcome to add me. See ya at battlefield :)

Top Bottom