• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

JustSomeScrub

Smash Journeyman
Shine definitely comes out faster than a jump so it would have been the best option if you thought I was late. And you can always just jump cancel that after anyway.

I think I got better at edge guarding with Sheik the more we played and I started utilizing options I hadn't considered before or had theorized but hadn't done before then.

One of the craziest ones I remember was when I did a super low back air as you were trying to recover from below and the weak and late part hit but it was enough to finish off Fox. I actually wanted the strong part to hit very low offstage (so you couldn't tech off anything) but you were so low I didn't realize you were more to the right. Best of all I made it back to the ledge.

Honestly, without my gimps you probably would have won all those Sheik vs Fox matches.

Last edited:

JustSomeScrub

Smash Journeyman
Waygu he knows that, I think he means he has one of his trigger buttons set to something else instead of shield. Btw let me know when you want to play, I saw your message and responded.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Shine definitely comes out faster than a jump so it would have been the best option if you thought I was late. And you can always just jump cancel that after anyway.

I think I got better at edge guarding with Sheik the more we played and I started utilizing options I hadn't considered before or had theorized but hadn't done before then.

One of the craziest ones I remember was when I did a super low back air as you were trying to recover from below and the weak and late part hit but it was enough to finish off Fox. I actually wanted the strong part to hit very low offstage (so you couldn't tech off anything) but you were so low I didn't realize you were more to the right. Best of all I made it back to the ledge.

Honestly, without my gimps you probably would have won all those Sheik vs Fox matches.
Yup, gotta remember that for next time (if there is a next time).

I swear, weak B-air > strong B-air because the knockback is so little it just sends you down if you aren't mashing Up-B and you die, lol. Was literally so sad whenever you switched to Sheik, but was surprised when you pulled out Fox and won as well. Do you play any others than Fox, Falco, and Sheik?

waygu

Smash Lord
Waygu he knows that, I think he means he has one of his trigger buttons set to something else instead of shield. Btw let me know when you want to play, I saw your message and responded.
ha i'm the one missing something obvious. my right has grab which also works as tech so i forget that he could have special or s/t on that

MG you crash?
edit - yeah he did he has a room open again

Last edited:

kaidden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jkaidden
just wondering do you guys use your computers on emulater to play online or wii cause I know you can do both

Mean Green

Smash Lord
Sorry @ StubbyDK StubbyDK , idk why I keep freezing when you join. Maybe we should delete and re-add each other.
@ waygu waygu why do you give up during the 2v1s? Just try lol, I always do

Last edited:

waygu

Smash Lord
ggs MG stubby and royal, i think lag declared it over.

royal sorry for sucking i tried pulling it together, we had good team work with you as ZSS i was trying really hard not to be selfish but not get in your way. i know you've done more doubles than me what could i do to improve?

waygu

Smash Lord
Sorry @ StubbyDK StubbyDK , idk why I keep freezing when you join. Maybe we should delete and re-add each other.
@ waygu waygu why do you give up during the 2v1s? Just try lol, I always do
there was one i share stocked on accident and didnt have a game plan went for ledge and died, im sure that looked lke i went to go kill myself. but sadly i was trying, fear of the sandwich combo made me do dumb stuff. and if im mario $20 im CCing you so i probably got scooped up then panic DI lmao

Mean Green

Smash Lord

royal sorry for sucking i tried pulling it together, we had good team work with you as ZSS i was trying really hard not to be selfish but not get in your way. i know you've done more doubles than me what could i do to improve?
You did good, don't sell yourself short. Actually you managed to impress Flash with some of the stuff you did.

waygu

Smash Lord
You did good, don't sell yourself short. Actually you managed to impress Flash with some of the stuff you did.
lmao flash joined me at like 3am randomly and 4 stocked me like 5 games and left so im sure anything i do is impressive with that expectation :p

Mean Green

Smash Lord
In a ffa they gotta take me out while I'm afw, then taunt me "git rekt" when I lose my one remaining stock

Last edited:

waygu

Smash Lord
In a ffa they gotta take me out while I'm afw, then taunt me "git rekt" when I lose my one remaining stock
stubby cargo grabbing you and then getting in and up airing you twice in a row then again as you were air borne was my favorite part of the night

Last edited:

Royal-X

Smash Ace

You're pretty good if you ask me. I think it's we mainly never teamed up before so we lacked proper synergy.

Royal-X

Smash Ace
These ridiculous FFA combos man. Get hit by a D-Tilt>Ness's F-Smash>Ganon F-Air and only made it back to the stage cuz of Wolf's blast refreshing my recovery

waygu

Smash Lord
I didn't get to play stubby today, we kept freezing
the fact it was DK made me assume it was stubbyDK immediately lol woops

You're pretty good if you ask me. I think it's we mainly never teamed up before so we lacked proper synergy.
yeah, if they had mics for this i feel like we could've actually called out what position to cover, we did good that one game and it was close a few but they adjusted team strategy and we didnt have the luxury of being able to

dizzypink

Smash Lord
!!LagFi Little League Tournament reminder!!
Ever wanted to enter a tournament?
No tournaments in your area?
Afraid to enter a tournament?
This is your chance to fight!

~ For Glory ~ For Recognition ~ For a Challenge ~ For Something New ~
~ For the Love of The Game ~ For Money uh...Practice? ~

Whatever you fight for, fight for real in this no stakes online PM tournament!
To enter, either respond to this post or send the user posting it a private message asking to be included.

~Rules~
(Some rules are subject to change before the date of January 25th 2015)
It is advised to remove any custom content you suspect may be the cause of desyncs.
Items will remain in OFF and None settings for the entirety of the tournament for all entrants.

All matches will be best of 5.
If a match goes to Sudden Death, the match is stopped and a tie breaker is set up with each player having 1 stock and 3 minutes on the timer. Bob-ombs are NOT to be turned on in cases of sudden death, and automatic sudden death matches WILL NOT count towards the tournament.
No alternate forms of characters (Giga Bowser, SoPo, etc.).
If the winner of a match decides to switch characters his opponent must be notified before they enter their next match.
Desyncs and disconnects will be automatic rematches unless both players reach an agreement as to who won.
Results screens and replays of all matches must be recorded/agreed upon by both players involved.
Cutoff date for entries is Friday January 30th 2015.
Tournament will be in progress from January 31st onward until all matches are complete.

The tournament thread for this event has been posted!

You should keep track of this tournament and its proceedings HERE!

This advertisement produced and distributed by Dizzy Pink of Team Chortles

[Get Ready]

Top Bottom