• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
GGs! You got good with Zard! I like that you focus on reads, that's a great way to rack up damage, the problem with Zard though is that like everything is made to launch and kill. It's hard to read someone into a combo like with Bowser or Ganondorf because everything you do throws them off stage XD I found out that all of his true combos are vertical, like that one I got on you with the up smashes to up airs to up B. I think he can pillar certain characters with his down air into his neutral air, L cancel, jab, up smash but I have yet to get an opportunity to test that.
Thanks man that means alot. yeah I have that same issue. when you combo me with him i had no idea those moves could connect! If you can play now im back with freezing hands (sorry it took longer than i thought it would.) so it'll take me a wile to warm back up.
Also you hit with fair alot, and i can never seem to get that move or use moves to lead into it. What do you use?

Last edited:

dizzypink

Smash Lord
Thanks man that means alot. yeah I have that same issue. when you combo me with him i had no idea those moves could connect! If you can play now im back with freezing hands (sorry it took longer than i thought it would.) so it'll take me a wile to warm back up.
Also you hit with fair alot, and i can never seem to get that move or use moves to lead into it. What do you use?
Ah even I wasn't sure if it would combo perfectly, I was scared of getting shined or something. Anyway, the forward air can be gotten pretty easily if you're recovering and someone is close to the ledge, that's how I get a lot of mine. Other than that it's just like Sheik's forward air but I think a bit bigger. More like Mewtwo's but with a bigger launch. In fact you can play Charizard a lot like Mewtwo and land most of Mewtwo's combos with the same attacks.
I'm gonna take some time off to eat, but if you're here in about an hour or so I'll give you priority. Actually I'm gonna try out Mewtwo, I never play him but now that I made these connections with him and Zard in my mind I bet I can pick him up...

Poloflipx

Smash Ace
GGs man, you're awesome! How do you get Falcon to say YES! when you hit the knee? I've done it before just don't know how.
Press taunt when the knee connects. It's easier if you set your taunt to Y or another button you don't use too much

waygu

Smash Lord
GGs Waygu! Your Sheik is seriously improved! I'd suggest working on movement. I got totally around you a few times by dodging your attacks onto a platform and dropping behind you with an aerial.
i started with platform games and ended stuck on them >:( i guess a week break was good, made me want to play more instead of just accepting a falco 4 stock at 1am ^_____^ thanks for the games

Am I the only one here who jumps with Y? It's so much easier to do first frame aerials and don't even get me started on playing Peach!
yeah i y jump as well, i played n64 smash first and that button layout is what i used there so i think thats my habit
if you set a trigger to jump for peach you can float and have your thumb free as well :~)

Last edited:

Poloflipx

Smash Ace
Am I the only one here who jumps with Y? It's so much easier to do first frame aerials and don't even get me started on playing Peach!
Maybe, I'm kinda weird when it comes to jumping. I wavedash with the analog stick, and depending on the situation I either jump with X or the analog.

dizzypink

Smash Lord
i started with platform games and ended stuck on them >:( i guess a week break was good, made me want to play more instead of just accepting a falco 4 stock at 1am ^_____^ thanks for the games

yeah i y jump as well, i played n64 smash first and that button layout is what i used there so i think thats my habit
if you set a trigger to jump for peach you can float and have your thumb free as well :~)
No, I mean Y jumping makes Peach easier because you can just push the rest of your thumb down on the A button while yolding Y.

Top Bottom