• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M: Metal Sonic (v3.0 LAST?)

BALANCED? WHUUUAAAT?

• Top Tier

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Mid Tier

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Low Tier

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters

Lone Devil

Smash Cadet
Still working on BrawlEx compatible versions, already finished the soundbank. I'll show once everything is ready.

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
You know, when you start claiming Nitpicking has criticizing when you post a picture that is basically proves the point of you're "critique" is basically nitpicking, then it makes me wonder if you we're serious about the Boom thing, I mean I was basically thinking " is this the type of guy to complain about blue arm's and stuff?" and then you bring up Sonic's Boom design and my sides are in orbit because I was thinking of that very topic. :laugh:

I mean at the end of the day we're not going to change each others minds no matter what (although that doesn't change the fact that you nitpicking a fiction robot's design, but who really cares now not counting yourself) and we should just change the subject because this is really the place for that.

Lone Devil

Smash Cadet
You know, when you start claiming Nitpicking has criticizing when you post a picture that is basically proves the point of you're "critique" is basically nitpicking, then it makes me wonder if you we're serious about the Boom thing, I mean I was basically thinking " is this the type of guy to complain about blue arm's and stuff?" and then you bring up Sonic's Boom design and my sides are in orbit because I was thinking of that very topic. :laugh:

I mean at the end of the day we're not going to change each others minds no matter what (although that doesn't change the fact that you nitpicking a fiction robot's design, but who really cares now not counting yourself) and we should just change the subject because this is really the place for that.
Not at all, "Modern's" muzzle are oddly (and terribly) proportioned as his eyes, while his quills are shorter and upwards, showing a sense of devolution than evolution.

Here's another comparsion, but this time, with Classic (not mine).
And you didn't realized I was being sarcastic about Criticism = Nitpicking?
which I'm implying what you think. I've already explained the flaws and differences of the two designs, Which are all Facts btw.

Moar shietposting pls m8.

Wolley2xjd

And you didn't realized I was being sarcastic about Criticism = Nitpicking?
which I'm implying what you think. I've already explained the flaws and differences of the two designs, Which are all Facts btw.

Moar shietposting pls m8.
Well I are ready stated that I didn't know if you're serious our not so that kinda fell flat on it's face.

The "flaws" that the poster pointed out where so unimportant that I thought it was a joke, like how people make pictures of 2 of the same character but one is clearly geared towards the first one while the other is getting ragged on so much that it can't be taken seriously.

Your problems with the new designs are opinions, not fact m8.

1452749246471.jpg

Bruh.

Lone Devil

Smash Cadet
Well I are ready stated that I didn't know if you're serious our not so that kinda fell flat on it's face.

The "flaws" that the poster pointed out where so unimportant that I thought it was a joke, like how people make pictures of 2 of the same character but one is clearly geared towards the first one while the other is getting ragged on so much that it can't be taken seriously.

Your problems with the new designs are opinions, not fact m8.

View attachment 100431

Bruh.
Wait, there's a difference in Metals Sonic 4 design?

"Looks up and compares to pictures with older models"

His spikes are more sharper but that's the only difference I see, everything else looks the same.

Wolley2xjd

I think you misunderstood what I said but maybe I could have worded what I said better.

To sum up.

-I didn't see a difference in Metals design until I looked at a few pictures of him from different games.

-The only thing I saw that was different was the spikes being smaller.

-You post a pic that shows all the differences.

-You we're right that the other designs look different.

-But I said that you we're nitpicking.

The problem was you not liking the newer design, the problem was you thought I meant that metal doesn't look different from his newer model.

Lone Devil

Smash Cadet
I think you misunderstood what I said but maybe I could have worded what I said better.

To sum up.

-I didn't see a difference in Metals design until I looked at a few pictures of him from different games.

-The only thing I saw that was different was the spikes being smaller.

-You post a pic that shows all the differences.

-You we're right that the other designs look different.

-But I said that you we're nitpicking.

The problem was you not liking the newer design, the problem was you thought I meant that metal doesn't look different from his newer model.
I see, but I don't need to Like the design tho.

omfg hey guise!!!111

Is it good enough? I'll probably brighten the muzzle texture later.... or tweak the uncolored metal textures.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
The color is good but he needs a lot more texture detail to fit in Brawl. Even if you don't like the proportions, I would check out Nanobuds' model. It would look much better that way!

Wolley2xjd

I see, but I don't need to Like the design tho.

omfg hey guise!!!111

Is it good enough? I'll probably brighten the muzzle texture later.... or tweak the uncolored metal textures.
Never said you did. :smirk:

Looks fine but i'll need to see it in action, also are you planning to make this mod Balanced or is just for fun?

devnew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevNew
Was that meant for me?

Because if it is then you must hate it when people call you out on something, besides it's not like it's that big of a deal anyway.
It's meant for both of you, stop acting like everyone is attacking you. If you don't like something do it yourself. last time I checked you weren't the one making this mod. Are you?

Edit: Lol didn't see that you resloved this issue earlier, my B. I posted most of this when I was like half asleep.

Last edited:

The Peacekeeper

Smash Cadet
It's meant for both of you, stop acting like everyone is attacking you. If you don't like something do it yourself. last time I checked you weren't the one making this mod. Are you?

Edit: Lol didn't see that you resloved this issue earlier, my B. I posted most of this when I was like half asleep.
I second this. Just bury the hatchet already you two. One person likes Old design and the other likes the New design. I honestly like the New design but if someone prefers the Old design well that's fine by me.

The worst part about this is that we have all this salt but I can't seem to find any popcorn.

Edit: I mean, lets us all have fun and enjoy our Metal Sonic no matter how he looks.

Last edited:

Protocol.Tin

Smash Cadet
Fitting for the "Peacekeeper" to keep the peace. The conversation was getting way too ridiculous.

But the updated pics look great! I'm pretty excited to see how it fares in the next update.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Concerning alt costumes for this moveset, would you consider doing something similar to Classic Metal Sonic from Generations? People are working on a Classic Sonic and Classic Shadow for use with PM right now.

Lone Devil

Smash Cadet
Concerning alt costumes for this moveset, would you consider doing something similar to Classic Metal Sonic from Generations? People are working on a Classic Sonic and Classic Shadow for use with PM right now.
Slim chance, maybe in v1.2, (since BrawlEx keeps freezing with CBliss/extra costumes hue) Because I wanted to finish v1.1 this week as soon as possible.

Wolley2xjd

Attacking me? At what point did I ever imply that that I was ever being attacked?

Also I find it funny that you tell me if I don't like something that I can't form an opinion, like it's not like I said that this mod was **** of anything, just calling someone out on something that's all.

Well now everything that you post makes a lot more since now.

I second this. Just bury the hatchet already you two. One person likes Old design and the other likes the New design. I honestly like the New design but if someone prefers the Old design well that's fine by me.

The worst part about this is that we have all this salt but I can't seem to find any popcorn.

Edit: I mean, lets us all have fun and enjoy our Metal Sonic no matter how he looks.
I thought we already did, hell i'm pretty sure that he doesn't really care anymore, neither do I, that's why I was asking him if he was planning to make this mod balanced, to see if he need any help.

There's no salt here, only Venom. :smirk:

Lone Devil

Smash Cadet
OMFG UPDATE, BRAWLEX IS DONE d00d.
(BrawlEx compatible files added for vBrawl & Project M)

Changes:
New Neo Metal Sonic model by Nibroc-Rock for Final Smash & All-Star Trophy only.
Slightly polished Metal Sonic & fanchars paletteswaps, along with better CSP/CSS/BPs.
Majority of the moves have been tweaked and nerfed a bit. (See UpSpecial)
Better Wavedashing and Dash-Dancing added.
New Classic Mode ending screens for Brawl and PM. (Wolf replacement version)
Third jab's A+B and A+YorX is now Up+A and Down+A.

I guess what's left to add for a possible v1.2 is a few more new (+ improved) animations and Alt costumes.

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058

Changes:
New Neo Metal Sonic model by Nibroc-Rock for Final Smash & All-Star Trophy only.
Slightly polished Metal Sonic & fanchars paletteswaps, along with better CSP/CSS/BPs.

I guess what's left to add for a possible v1.2 is a few more new (+ improved) animations and Alt costumes.
YES YES YES YESSSS

Rage83

Smash Ace

Changes:

Lone Devil Lone Devil The BrawlEx configs and module(REL) are missing from the current download link.

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Definitely going to be a part of my custom build once I manage to learn to get PM+BEX Ridley working (and when I learn how to combine that with the stage expansion).

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I had some other ideas for v1.2 if you'd like to consider them!

* Fix Black Shield slightly. Metal Sonic's model isn't centered in it, and it also needs the glow effect from the game. See image here:
* Try talking with some other PSAers to get Neo Metal Sonic to have some animation! It'd look much better that way.
* See what people think of the balancing tweaks of v1.1 and adjust accordingly for v1.2.

Last edited:

shaqnel

Smash Cadet
I like the improvement. It might just be me though but when I select metal sonic sometimes the annoucer says metal sonic and other times there is just silence. Then when I proceed to the select a stage I get I freeze, its weird.

Wolley2xjd

Changes:

Does this download come with a change list for said Tweaks?

Lone Devil

Smash Cadet
I forgot to mention, the 4 extra recolors (fitmetalsonic06-09) are unused and optional, forgot to separate them. Thoughts?
I'll consider adding alt costumes when I can.

* See what people think of the balancing tweaks of v1.1 and adjust accordingly for v1.2.
The main issue with this one is where? kcmm is pretty ded.

I like the improvement. It might just be me though but when I select metal sonic sometimes the annoucer says metal sonic and other times there is just silence. Then when I proceed to the select a stage I get I freeze, its weird.
That's because the disc is trying to load the SSE soundbank since it's not in narration. (another reason why I included the wavs.) also it freeze most likely because you either didn't set it up everything correctly, missing files related to Metal Sonic, or you added CBliss extra costumes from config. (which happens in my experience with BrawlEx, mostly to do with results screen)

Does this download come with a change list for said Tweaks?
Nope, because it aren't too drastic and it isn't needed, maybe in v1.2 if necessary.

Lone Devil

Smash Cadet
Here's a higher quality showcase of the current build (v1.1) by Master0fHyrule, Because I haven't done any progress for the next update, yet? stuff lol.

Prologue-9

Smash Rookie
NNID
Grimmdays
This is tight, great work! Real professional with his animations and attention to detail, and he's a ton of fun to play.

Top Bottom