• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Demo 2.6b released! (Changelist up!)

_Liquid_

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know which bugs exactly this version of PM fixes? Because I have so much custom content, I'd like to keep my current build if the bugs are fairly insignificant.

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know which bugs exactly this version of PM fixes? Because I have so much custom content, I'd like to keep my current build if the bugs are fairly insignificant.
It's always a good idea to have the latest build, 2.6b wouldn't have been released unless the bugs were significant enough to warrant a patch.

Sync8699

Smash Cadet
Any reason why Fox's short hop activation frames were extended to make short hops easier to perform in Project M than in Melee? I definitely notice a difference, and I gotta' say I prefer the way Melee was (slightly more difficult to perform but slightly faster)

Rarik

Smash Journeyman
It's a physics bug that delays things by 1 frame. So instead of having 2 frames before you're in the air you have 3, giving you an extra frame to short hop. They do intend to try and fix it.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
...So you want to buff grabs?

And just to clarify, jumping doesn't take longer, but short hopping is one frame easier due to how Brawl determines SH vs. FH.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Umm, I think that all characters are supposed to able to do that, as in like, grab at the same frame you get hit at

The_NZA

Smash Lord
I meant removing grab armor on chars that aren't supposed to have it. A lot of times i get grabbed right after I hit a shine or attack in a combo :(
I don't know how many times this has to be explained.

In Melee, if you grabbed at the same time as an attack, you would grab the opponent through the attack and (i believe) take no damage. In PM, when you grab someone at the same time as an attack, you will grab them, but you will take damage. Removing "grab armor" would be new to smash (maybe it wasn't there in 64).

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I definately find you have to lightly press the jump button in 2.6 compared to previous versions, but i have no idea why that is.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Yeah, "grab armor" was in Melee, it was just pure invincibility instead.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I thought every character was receiving some change in 2.6. I remember you guys mentioning that on SMYN. Why no Jigglypuff changes on the list, or are the general changes considered to be change enough for her?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I don't think we said that literally everybody was getting changes, but as a Melee high tier it shouldn't really be expected for her to be getting a lot of tweaks now.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I don't think we said that literally everybody was getting changes, but as a Melee high tier it shouldn't really be expected for her to be getting a lot of tweaks now.
I think it was a generalization for everyone, but okay. She probably doesn't need it, it just seemed strange that she was left out of the party.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
So am I in need of better glasses or has the Skyward Sword stage disappeared from the "My Music" menu ?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You might want to work that out with your PR reps on the forums who always promise us a stage changelist and then never deliver.
Got a source? I'll see about getting a stage changelist done for this and future versions.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
There's a file changelist on the first page, and it's 2.5b to 2.6b.
Wow, I can't wait to try this out! I lost my SD card adapter for the longest time and can finally update my game again. I didn't know Squirtle had an Aqua Jet attack out of fwd-B either... interesting.

Will grab armor be fixed soon?
How do you mean? Grabbing in brawl is actually superior to melee.

In melee, the same frame you grab someone you ignore all damage and knockback completely to any hitbox that would have hit you. In Brawl, if you grab someone the same frame that an attack would have hit you at the very least you take the damage even if you get no knockback.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Reporting a glitch about Link, I think it's because of the "new" (actually the old brawl boomerang animation), when I try to throw the boomerang downwards while on the ground, it bounces up immediately, so it has the same trajectory as if I had just angled it up instead of down, please fix this it's extremely annoying

D

Deleted member

No, FD and Smashville got some collision data changes and there are probably a ton of other things that changed as well. The PMBR just never has cared about giving us the info on that.

Top Bottom