• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M: Debug Menu

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Okay, there's one thing that needs to be confirmed or this Debug Menu is a failed attempt.

Can we play as Sandbag?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670

IT'S GLORIOUS

cmvnb3

Smash Apprentice
What would really be cool is if you could switch movesets like you could in melee via action replay. That'd be even better with Patt Edition PM so you could apply your favorite moveset to any of the 300 characters.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I really want to know how the **** they got this to work.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Im Crying and Fapping at this achievement simultaneously.

EclipseKirby

Smash Cadet
This was one of my most awaited features, one I didn't think would ever actually be implemented. I love you guys.

It's kind of odd that something so awesome was revealed with relatively little warning or pre-hype. It makes me wonder if there's even bigger things on the way.

Last edited:

cmvnb3

Smash Apprentice
So is 3.5 going have the debug mode with the "Pichu bros" as the only newcomer? Because someone said it would and said the sonic skins reveal would happen and it did, so... am I being trolled again? Is this what was meant by a "buffed-out Pichu" a while back?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I'm a bit skeptical of having this accessible during normal gameplay, even if they took a reasonable precaution to prevent it from being activated accidentally. I would feel more comfortable if it was activated through a menu or special mode, or even if it had to be toggled from the menu only.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm a bit skeptical of having this accessible during normal gameplay, even if they took a reasonable precaution to prevent it from being activated accidentally. I would feel more comfortable if it was activated through a menu or special mode, or even if it had to be toggled from the menu only.
Oh, we've got a few ideas in the pipeline. When we've got the details figured out we'll give you guys an update.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
An alternate codeset (Full / Wi-fi Safe / 20XX) maybe? selectable from the PM Menu, the one on homebrew.

Kankato

Smash Journeyman
I hope the hitboxes can show the angle of launch with a while line inside the bubble.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
This is honestly the most impressive thing I think the team has done. Developing the clone engine and programming 2 characters is amazing, but this just takes the cake. Way to go PMBR! You have no bounds..

muleet

Smash Apprentice
I suppose the PMBR have already thought of this, but one other thing that would be nice, is to have the hitboxes of the stages : for instance the distance from where you can pick an edge, and the surfaces (and distances too) from where you can wall jump (for Finale destination it's a bit difficult to see).

iamanobody

Smash Rookie
this is an absolutely amazing development.

it would be incredible if they could make a small bit of text showing how many frames are left in attacks/stun. for example, when a character activates an ability or gets hit/blocks an attack, a bit of text in the top right of the screen(or wherever) appears noting the amount of time the character has until it returns to its rest state and counts down. even if this could just be done for block and/or hitstun, it would be great. currently, there is no real way to easily test if things are safe or not, or have an idea of how much advantage/time you have after executing something, so i consider this an essential tool.

if they could put that in and get a recording option inside training mode, that would be pretty much all the basic tools needed for training. i imagine some competitive players in other games might pick up the game because of that, since one problem with smash has always been that real training is more or less impossible unlike games like SF4 or guilty gear. in fact, PM would have significantly better training tools than any fighter; as far as i know there has never been a fighter which allowed you to record, displayed frame data of any kind, and allowed you to view hitboxes.

either way, whether they end up putting in that kind of stuff or not, seeing hitboxes alone is a godsend. i'm really excited.

Last edited:

Celestis

Smash Ace
De bug will now have hitstun display. So fantastic.

I need to get my hands on this.. Now!

Last edited:

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Oh man, this is awesome stuff. A few months ago I asked for hitbox display in Training mode, then totally forgot about it with all the Smash 4 hype going on. One more thing that would absolutely make my pants drop is if you could do something like SF4's programming CPUs for training against certain combos. That, and save/load state in Training so you can quickly reset the same situation each time.

The hype is here! Hold onto your straps everyone!

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I want a fox AI that'll uthrow uair me forever until I learn to DI and not be a scrub

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it should be accessible from the pause menu? It can even display a glossary of button prompts for salty runback, debug, ect.

Kankato

Smash Journeyman
About the light blue armor flash in hitbox display, I remember a PMDT post about Bowser flashing red whenever he was armored in game. I understand you chose light blue because intangibility is blue & that makes progressive sense, but are you going to keep Bowser's armor flashes red when hitboxes are off or change those to blue as well?

Another question: would it be possible for hitboxes to show knock back direction?
400px-YoshiSSBBFTilt(angup).png

Last edited:

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Unified overlay colors for armor are just in Debug Mode. During normal play each character has his or her own armor color, unchanged from v3.02.

Sai_

Smash Apprentice
Can someone clarify this please:

Will debug menu allow us to make the CPU do certain actions? What I got from the PM post on the website is that the Mario displayed there automatically dodged Marth's Fsmash, so I was assuming you can set CPU do actions like that to help with training.

Coonce

Smash Apprentice
I am super psyched for this. But one thing I was curious about: Will there be any color indication for startup and/or recovery frames on attacks? It would definitely help my punish game.

Coonce

Smash Apprentice
Umm you can just look at the move? And when you see the frame they can act on, that's the frame you want?
Except identifying that frame is not always readily apparent? Not sure what the harm would be.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
is there any word as to whether or not they'll display the "control nana" box like they're gonna include the ledge grab box

Top Bottom