• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M - Codex Re-Build [PREVIEW] - In 3.6 Works Edition [JULY 5th UPDATE]

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Hey Codex

I love your work man. Seems like you really genuinely care about this project and thats awesome to see.

I know it takes a heap of time out of your life but is there anyway you could get some other modders on board?

I myself would be happy to help in anyway I can (limited experience but I'm an arts student. Is that even a legit qualification?). Theytah or SJS might be interested in helping too.

I love what you have created and the appreciate the hours you have put into this project. Way to go!
I wish i would help too. I actually want to help.

ImThatGuy

Smash Cadet
take your time dude, this is really high quality, Ive been following this project for a bit more than a year and i would wait another, its worth it !

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
Well, I have to say, I was not aware that you had no intention to make future releases post the official build. You do stick to your guns, and you've handled many nickpickers (myself at times) very well. Best of luck on finishing the build, and I hope your future endeavors post release are less stressful for you. Thanks for all the hard work, we'll be beyond appreciative when it is complete.
Thank you, I'll try and do my best in any case!

Codex are you working on Mewtwo? I'm not in a rush or something like that, but he's my main character so that's why.
I shall do some work with mewtwo this weekend, no promises but I'll push him up the list for ya.!

Thanks for releasing everything little biy little, I will be sure to download all of your CSP's in appreciation of your hard work.
I'll keep releasing as I go along here on out so I hope you enjoy!

Hey Codex

I love your work man. Seems like you really genuinely care about this project and thats awesome to see.

I know it takes a heap of time out of your life but is there anyway you could get some other modders on board?

I myself would be happy to help in anyway I can (limited experience but I'm an arts student. Is that even a legit qualification?). Theytah or SJS might be interested in helping too.

I love what you have created and the appreciate the hours you have put into this project. Way to go!
The funny thing is, I'm actually been getting a lot of help from a few modders I've contacted a while back, Ondo helped with a way to compress CSPs and retain quality and Taiko with Rigging a few things and fixing up quite a lot of stuff, thank you for your concern though but I'll keep fighting hard!

I have everything laid out at this point so making character releases one by one isn't as bad as before, so you wouldn't need to worry about helping out, I'm very grateful though so thank you!

I wish i would help too. I actually want to help.
It's okay really! Same as my previous reply above, everything's laid out so I shall be releasing one by one with packs here on out.

take your time dude, this is really high quality, I've been following this project for a bit more than a year and i would wait another, its worth it !
Thank you! I promise you for certain it won't a whole another year! I shall deliver on this no matter what!

Stevie Jayrep

Smash Cadet
Hey Codex, I really appreciate your work, you do a very good job. With that said, I was wondering if you could release Character Select Screen pics to go along side your CSP's, BP's, and Stock Icons. I get that it's more of a burden when releasing them and I don't mind making them myself, but in my opinion it's also a missed opportunity to unify your CSP packs to an even greater extent than it is now. Big words aside, keep up the amazing work man! You're going places, and I can't wait to see mewtwo's when you finally release his (my favorite pokemon).

MagicManNo9

Hey Codex, I really appreciate your work, you do a very good job. With that said, I was wondering if you could release Character Select Screen pics to go along side your CSP's, BP's, and Stock Icons. I get that it's more of a burden when releasing them and I don't mind making them myself, but in my opinion it's also a missed opportunity to unify your CSP packs to an even greater extent than it is now. Big words aside, keep up the amazing work man! You're going places, and I can't wait to see mewtwo's when you finally release his (my favorite pokemon).
Thank you so much! As for the select screen pics I shall get around to doing that during this weekend! I've been meaning to get around it when I have more time but I shall have them out soon just for you! Also expect Mewtwo update this week!

MINI NOTICE:

I'll uploaded the Mario Maker themed Mario I worked on as I noticed someone went and tried to do one himself without saying anything beforehand. (was planning to upload them anyway this week)

EDIT:

Here is a link to the file: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=208930

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Thank you so much! As for the select screen pics I shall get around to doing that during this weekend! I've been meaning to get around it when I have more time but I shall have them out soon just for you! Also expect Mewtwo update this week!

MINI NOTICE:

I'll uploaded the Mario Maker themed Mario I worked on as I noticed someone went and tried to do one himself without saying anything beforehand. (was planning to upload them anyway this week)

EDIT:

Here is a link to the file: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=208930
Oh... I was the one who uploaded maker mario before you did... Do i give credit to you or is it okay?

Hedgie

Smash Apprentice
Just downloaded the cool Mario costumes! Say are you gonna upload the Lucas costumes?

MagicManNo9

Just downloaded the cool Mario costumes! Say are you gonna upload the Lucas costumes?
Not any time soon I'm afraid, I want to re-do his textures and renders sorry!

Also I want people to understand that it takes quite a lot of time to upload just three of the Mario costumes and I got to get up for work so I'm going to request that people not ask when and who I'll be releasing as I really can't say for certain, as my main focus should really be on the build right now.

Please understand and thank you!

Last edited:

Hedgie

Smash Apprentice
I got to get up for work so I'm going to request that people not ask when and who I'll be releasing as I really can't say for certain, as my main focus should really be on the build right now.
I'm well aware, I was just wondering since you said it was all done and good to go a few months ago. Never expected it needing remake, but thanks a bunch for giving me the heads up!
~Stay Gold

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Oh... I was the one who uploaded maker mario before you did... Do i give credit to you or is it okay?
I hope you don't think it was okay to ask Codex for his CSPs just so you can make the recolors he was planning on making before he actually could. That's a really shady thing to do.

@ MagicManNo9 MagicManNo9 , I completely understand you believe that it's all in good fun, but that doesn't excuse what this person did. It's basically stealing thunder, and it's uncalled for. I personally would be bothered. Of course this isn't about me but even so.

CopynPasteKevin

Smash Cadet
NNID
CopynPaste

MINI NOTICE:

EDIT:

If only I knew how to use Cbliss tool... *sigh* I'd put this costume along with the other 14
I'd hate to intervene on Codex's project, but can anyone offer a quick tutorial on how to do it?

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=208900 < This is what I'm talking about. You made this before Codex could release his as if you thought of it first. Then you used his portraits before deciding to make your own. Not cool.
I never used his portraits... I used brawl - portraits before then updated with the brawl portraits but i never used his... Ill make the costume look a bit different though, how bout that? Or hell, a smash 3 version?

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

Random Update:

HEADS UP TO SAY AWAY FROM THE 8TH OF JULY TIL THE 15TH (Going on trip/holiday and will not be online til I return!) No one ask where I'll be going as I don't want to talk about personal life stuff haha, thank you!

I'll get around to replying to people however the heat right now is kill me over here so I'm going to grab some ice packs and coooool down.

EDIT: Actually that Mewtwo CSP was version 1, HERE is version 2

Old:
New:

Fixed up the edges before rendering, I didn't actually mean to post this but I figured that I might as well post as comparison to show the difference, again every little detail counts!

Also a bonus:

I had actually done this CSP a while back after IWG made the release but I was hoping to save it for when 3.6B is out, so expect a Mewtwo/Samus update this week!

As a note I shall be doing a whole pack of that specific Samus, for two reasons, 1) I know people that would love to switch out the old with the new one.

As for the second reason,
I love this Samus so I want to do a whole pack of CSPs, Icons and BPs of this version, in any case I'll do what I can and of course credit to IWG for the best Samus model around!

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

Here's a speed update (By that I mean less talk more pics!) as I'm going through a lot of projects and preparing for a nice holiday this coming week, (Already posted a notification about that on profile) so here's Mewtwo update!

Mewtwo:

A few things I wanted to say here, I went and made a bunch of recolors, taking reference to Smash 4 but at the same time the inspiration came from Smash 3, also made a purple Armoured Mewtwo as I couldn't think of any other good recolors for Armour Mewtwo that would fit the bill.

Another few things, when I made the brown Mewtwo I looked and realised it was very similar to the grey one PM has, so I switched them out, but included the main one because I did say I'll be making a PM pack, I chose this pose for icons and BP reasons but also to match up to Lucario's pose side by side, you'll see that in the future.

Also another debate I see is X and Y Mewtwo, I wasn't going to add them but I do know people love having Mega's in their builds, so I included them as a bonus, I opted to use recolors for consistency and color reasons, and Y model is quite smaller than the main one, you'll see with the pose right there it was hard to fit, in either case enjoy!

However we're not done yet, re-opening Samus CSPs but with updated models/textures from 3.6b

Samus:

It's tricky to keep things consistent but I reworked the CSPs for the alts quite a bit, these ones include new alt icons, new BP/CSP/Icons for Fusion,Dark, Dark recolor, IWG's Samus and Snes Samus.

Also mentioned that I would do a IWG pack for Samus so here you go!

Additional Smash4 IWG Pack:

A quick mention I would make (And probably will update in more detail in the front page) is that compared to the Smash 4 Samus, the icons are colored to match the model, Brawl Samus does this and the reason I chose to do this over the Smash 4 way is because it stands out more in Brawl, and works well to tell who is who for competitive reasons and overall visual reasons.

EDIT: Will add DL link to packs one sec

MEWTWO CSP/BP/Icon PACK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ws3woja9we7be3b/Mewtwo Pack.rar?dl=0

SAMUS CSP/BP/Icon PACK https://www.dropbox.com/s/th0qceyhwmcqb64/Samus Pack.rar?dl=0

Last edited:

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
Here's a speed update (By that I mean less talk more pics!) as I'm going through a lot of projects and preparing for a nice holiday this coming week, (Already posted a notification about that on profile) so here's Mewtwo update!

Mewtwo:

A few things I wanted to say here, I went and made a bunch of recolors, taking reference to Smash 4 but at the same time the inspiration came from Smash 3, also made a purple Armoured Mewtwo as I couldn't think of any other good recolors for Armour Mewtwo that would fit the bill.

Another few things, when I made the brown Mewtwo I looked and realised it was very similar to the grey one PM has, so I switched them out, but included the main one because I did say I'll be making a PM pack, I chose this pose for icons and BP reasons but also to match up to Lucario's pose side by side, you'll see that in the future.

Also another debate I see is X and Y Mewtwo, I wasn't going to add them but I do know people love having Mega's in their builds, so I included them as a bonus, I opted to use recolors for consistency and color reasons, and Y model is quite smaller than the main one, you'll see with the pose right there it was hard to fit, in either case enjoy!

However we're not done yet, re-opening Samus CSPs but with updated models/textures from 3.6b

Samus:

It's tricky to keep things consistent but I reworked the CSPs for the alts quite a bit, these ones include new alt icons, new BP/CSP/Icons for Fusion,Dark, Dark recolor, IWG's Samus and Snes Samus.

A quick mention I would make (And probably will update in more detail in the front page) is that compared to the Smash 4 Samus, the icons are colored to match the model, Brawl Samus does this and the reason I chose to do this over the Smash 4 way is because it stands out more in Brawl, and works well to tell who is who for competitive reasons and overall visual reasons.

MEWTWO CSP/BP/Icon PACK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ws3woja9we7be3b/Mewtwo Pack.rar?dl=0

SAMUS CSP/BP/Icon PACK https://www.dropbox.com/s/th0qceyhwmcqb64/Samus Pack.rar?dl=0
Hey, I had a feeling you might want to use this in your build.

This looks absolutely beautiful!
I have a question, will all characters be getting alt team colors? I'm thinking of an idea for Dry Bowser's costume to have alt team colors! Like, a navy blue tinted instead of black shell, blue instead of red glows between the cracks, teal glowing eyes in place of yellow, along with similar recoloring for green team Dry Bowser. That would be interesting to see! Although I 100% understand if you don't feel up to responding to everyone's suggestions. Hell, you might not even agree with this kind of costume design :p

Anyways, cheers mate. I along with many others eagerly (and patiently!) await for the full release of this build.

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace

Mewtwo:

Samus:

yo bro, you dropped these

P-Breaker

Smash Cadet

Mewtwo:

Samus:

Mewtwo is looking good man tnx for doing this. Samus is looking smooth man! And it is true that people like to have X&Y mega mewtwo into his build also i'm a fan of this :3.

KMAL

Smash Apprentice
I'm running out of things to say to show how impressed I am by your CSPs. So I'll just say that they look really really good.

Last edited:

Hedgie

Smash Apprentice
You made updated renders of my 2 favorite characters! Gonna need to add some WD-40 after breaking my swivel chair out of pure HYPE~~:150:

Top Bottom