• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M - Codex Re-Build [PREVIEW] - In 3.6 Works Edition [JULY 5th UPDATE]

Taiko

Smash Ace
I found that hat a while back so it's pretty neat to get it out! Specially for the winter and all it's more fitting!

ALL THESE HATS AROUND ME, I WANT THEM ALL!

Thanks! I'm aiming for an early January release, it all depends on when CBliss updates comes as well as a few other things!

Same! I'm glad 14 costumes allow me to put that one in!

Yup! Different tail, I edited a couple of things but the model is there and strong!

Thanks! I'm hoping for January release! Just as I mentioned to a earlier reply it all depends on CBliss and certain other releases I'm waiting in for! It's really amazing to hear stuff like this so thank you so much for the support!

Afraid not, I'll be with my family for the most part so I can't promise that sorry!

Ahhh crap I did say that, I decided to not do that in the end, mainly because I'm currently re-working costumes and stages again whilst waiting, I'm re-doing CSP's, improving lighting, fixing up costumes here and there, there's quite a lot of things I'm too focused on and would rather work on that and make a full proper release rather than rush the 10 costume one and be held back because of it.

UPDATE:

Snake update, a couple of notes about him:

CSPs

BPs

I thought about what I could do with Snake and the vault had a release for alt colors so that was perfect timing so I gave him a Wario like treatment, with splitting him in two parts, Big Boss and Solid Snake, also a fun thing to know is that the actual model for Big Boss Snake is actually smaller than Solid Snake by a small margin, which is why I ended up making an alternate pose to this, another thing to note is that Dr Mario also has this problem hence why I went with that!, In any case hope you like!
No leopard suit 0/10
They're great though! The legendary GA-KO camo...

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
Ooooooh Snake looks pretty damn good, i really like the diversity of all the different big boss skins for him. Not to seem like a bribe or anything, but I would love to see what you do for Lucas's costumes slides cookie across table ;]
Thanks! Well, for this cookie I might have to give out some Lucas in tomorrow's update~

Is- is- is that a... duck suit Big Boss? My sweet lord jesus it's.. *tear drop runs down face* beautiful.
GA-KO Camo best Camo, I don't think there's a single person who has played that game who didn't use it!

Schnap, I'll wait then!
Thanks! Hopefully it'll be worth the wait upon release!

No leopard suit 0/10
They're great though! The legendary GA-KO camo...
So many suits and oh God, so many I missed out on Leopard, there's too many to pick from, to add or not to add (re-thinking because I really want Leopard now)

Though that said I had to make this one:

^ I can't stop myself, IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Will you ever do that render tutorial? I need it, but everytime, it's... Dio. Seriously will you ever make it?
There are just so many variables with a thing like rendering, I don't think I will. You can search up how to use Blender though.

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
Hmm was it This Week The Codex Build Releasing or The NExt Week cuz i remeber somthin u said if the CBliss didnt Release u were just gonna Release it .... hmm somthin like dat...

Taiko

Smash Ace
Pestering Codex to release his stuff won't make it come out any sooner. He's working as fast as he can to make menu assets for 14 costumes per character...that's 574 costumes. And trust me, renders take time.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
Ok seriously hype levels are pretty high right now. So I was wondering if you were going to have DLC (I know you were before, don't know if you still plan on it) and if you are, are we going to get them right after the official release in January or afterward? Also, I found someone who's making MEOWSER!!! It's not the best, but i'm pretty sure you could touch it up ( http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=69760.0 ) and also a couple of really cool Mario alts. ( For possible DLC) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f4tmv71unt9rt2z/2zBrNob_jg

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
codex!!! those big boss textures are to die forrrr

...yet im sad because i too have that alt pack, and my personal favorite was his cold war outfit. think you could throw together a quick render / csp of the cold war big boss?

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Those Big Boss renders look great. I hate to ask more of you since you're already so busy and you're getting constant requests, but is it possible for you to make a render of the Cold War camo with the USA facepaint when you get a chance?

MagicManNo9

Hmm was it This Week The Codex Build Releasing or The NExt Week cuz i remeber somthin u said if the CBliss didnt Release u were just gonna Release it .... hmm somthin like dat...
I mentioned in the previous reply/message that I decided not to do so, mainly because it's extra work and I would rather focus on this current 14 character build than spend too much time on the 10 character one, I have a pretty bust schedule so it's really hard to get around these days with Christmas and all as well.

Pestering Codex to release his stuff won't make it come out any sooner. He's working as fast as he can to make menu assets for 14 costumes per character...that's 574 costumes. And trust me, renders take time.
Thanks Taiko! And yeah, it use to take about 4-5 hours on one character, picking out costumes, fixing them up, posing, rendering and such, it's a lot of work, specially with 14 costumes now (And DAWMNNNN it never occured to me that I was working on, that blows my mind) And specially the renders, Ohhhh the renders can take a lot of time.

wasnt Pestering i was just wondering is all & that is all understandable.
Haha, no worries, as long as you understand that's all good!

SNAAAAAAKE
LIQUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID

oh man, i haven't checked back in so long. THIS LOOKS AS AMAZING AS EVER.

Codex I can't wait for you to release this. GREAT WORK.
Thanks! Looking back then and now can be quite something to see! Gotta love it!

Ok seriously hype levels are pretty high right now. So I was wondering if you were going to have DLC (I know you were before, don't know if you still plan on it) and if you are, are we going to get them right after the official release in January or afterward? Also, I found someone who's making MEOWSER!!! It's not the best, but i'm pretty sure you could touch it up ( http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=69760.0 ) and also a couple of really cool Mario alts. ( For possible DLC) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f4tmv71unt9rt2z/2zBrNob_jg
I did mention DLC before yeah! It'll be more wayyy after the first release I think, late February or sooner, it really depends on how much I can get done, I don't get as much time anymore and even less so when January hits with real life situations and so forth, so I'm putting my all into this! But I'll make sure that MEOWSER get's his CSP asap!

I'm in no mood to rush this man after the influx of stuff I keep seeing. Keep this up man, I'll be getting this build FOR SURE.
Thanks man! Hearing that makes me more relaxed and even more motivated to work hard on this!

codex!!! those big boss textures are to die forrrr

...yet im sad because i too have that alt pack, and my personal favorite was his cold war outfit. think you could throw together a quick render / csp of the cold war big boss?
Thanks! Glad to hear about Big Boss thoughts, tried my best to mirror Solid Snake's CSP/Render, I'll throw together that render since it's really simple to do when I'm on tomorrow!

All this notoriety, looks like you might make it big with this pack.
Haha Thanks! To be honest, at the end of the day I'm aiming to make the best build I can with what I have, to me as long as everyone is happy with the build then I'm happy as I am right now!

Please, pleeease release this as an optional download. XDD
PFFFFFFFFFF, well since it was originally intended as a joke I'll do one for laughs then!

Those Big Boss renders look great. I hate to ask more of you since you're already so busy and you're getting constant requests, but is it possible for you to make a render of the Cold War camo with the USA facepaint when you get a chance?
Thanks and no worries! I'll make a render of them as cramazzratazz has also asked when I can tommorow!

UPDATE:

A quick update to Sonic, special thanks to oNITESkye for rigging the additional three Sonic's in this update, was planning to look into it myself but thanks to him I was able to save time and work on another character as well! Thanks again oNITESkye when you see this!

CSPs

BPs

Added: Knuckles, Espio and Sonic Boom costumes, I was sure how I felt about Sonic before buy now I guess you can say I'm really feeling it!

Also as I mentioned that thanks to oNITESkye I was able to work on another, here's Luigi!

CSPs

BPs

Wanted to add a bit more verity to Luigi's colors so I added in Pink, Ice and Yellow as compared to before, I also remember people asking for Space and Flying Luigi so here's to that! Hope you all enjoy, I was suprised this update took as long as it did, roughly 5 hours or so on Luigi is all I'll say!

Last edited:

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
I mentioned in the previous reply/message that I decided not to do so, mainly because it's extra work and I would rather focus on this current 14 character build than spend too much time on the 10 character one, I have a pretty bust schedule so it's really hard to get around these days with Christmas and all as well.

Thanks Taiko! And yeah, it use to take about 4-5 hours on one character, picking out costumes, fixing them up, posing, rendering and such, it's a lot of work, specially with 14 costumes now (And DAWMNNNN it never occured to me that I was working on, that blows my mind) And specially the renders, Ohhhh the renders can take a lot of time.

Haha, no worries, as long as you understand that's all good!

LIQUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID

Thanks! Looking back then and now can be quite something to see! Gotta love it!

I did mention DLC before yeah! It'll be more wayyy after the first release I think, late February or sooner, it really depends on how much I can get done, I don't get as much time anymore and even less so when January hits with real life situations and so forth, so I'm putting my all into this! But I'll make sure that MEOWSER get's his CSP asap!

Thanks man! Hearing that makes me more relaxed and even more motivated to work hard on this!

Thanks! Glad to hear about Big Boss thoughts, tried my best to mirror Solid Snake's CSP/Render, I'll throw together that render since it's really simple to do when I'm on tomorrow!

Haha Thanks! To be honest, at the end of the day I'm aiming to make the best build I can with what I have, to me as long as everyone is happy with the build then I'm happy as I am right now!

PFFFFFFFFFF, well since it was originally intended as a joke I'll do one for laughs then!

Thanks and no worries! I'll make a render of them as cramazzratazz has also asked when I can tommorow!

UPDATE:

A quick update to Sonic, special thanks to oNITESkye for rigging the additional three Sonic's in this update, was planning to look into it myself but thanks to him I was able to save time and work on another character as well! Thanks again oNITESkye when you see this!

CSPs

BPs

Added: Knuckles, Espio and Sonic Boom costumes, I was sure how I felt about Sonic before buy now I guess you can say I'm really feeling it!

Also as I mentioned that thanks to oNITESkye I was able to work on another, here's Luigi!

CSPs

BPs

Wanted to add a bit more verity to Luigi's colors so I added in Pink, Ice and Yellow as compared to before, I also remember people asking for Space and Flying Luigi so here's to that! Hope you all enjoy, I was suprised this update took as long as it did, roughly 5 hours or so on Luigi is all I'll say!
HOLY SHISTA!!!!! Biker Lugi and Dealer Luigi from Mario Party DS (I think) and HOLY BURRITOS that Knuckles costume is BADAASSSS!!!!!!

Marsephel

Smash Rookie
Im surprised the sonic boom model doesnt have the smaller spines between the larger ones, is that a possibility? Also since theres 3 outfits that are purple would it make more sense for the first purple be replaced with the turquoise one? Either way it looks amazing and I cant wait for cbliss to update!

Last edited:

CopynPasteKevin

Smash Cadet
NNID
CopynPaste
Hey Codex9, since you mentioned that you wanted a pink sonic in Sonic's 14, have you ever thought of replacing Purple (not Espio) Sonic with a recolor of Blaze the Cat?
They have a regular Sonic recolor of her and even an Excalibur Sonic recolor in Brawl Vault if you're that interested!
Looking forward to your project by the way! That costume lineup is so much win!

Gripes.

Smash Cadet
Squares Camo Snake! My fave!
Its a shame you cant find an actual MGS1 Snake, it always bugs me to see it as just a texture. Hopefully one springs up in time for the release.

So many suits and oh God, so many I missed out on Leopard, there's too many to pick from, to add or not to add (re-thinking because I really want Leopard now)

Though that said I had to make this one:

^ I can't stop myself, IT KEEPS HAPPENING
I thought it was going to be animal camo....but it was Dio instead!

Also, what is this?

I've never seen this Sonic before. Is it based off of some multiplayer thing?
Very happy to Knux get added. I remember hearing that it did not work with PM. Good to know it can happen now, great job, Codex.

Last edited:

MFMAXY

Smash Apprentice
>tfw codex build will literally never drop

come on mewtwo2000 you're killing me

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
....still waiting on an update for this.
:201h::201o::201p::201e::201f::201u::201l::201l::201y: :201s::201o::201o::201n:

Y'all need to calm down lol. It's only been 9 days since his last update, not some extensive length of time that would normally get you thinking that he might've died or something. Give him some time.

+ (Not to mention his new avatar giving away that he's recently watched the season finale to Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works. Cliffhangers like that can age a man... >> lolol...Sabreee </3 )

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

Sorry for the late update people! It's been mainly Christmas party time over where I am so I've been relaxing the last few days! Apologies for the late replies and such!

HOLY SHISTA!!!!! Biker Lugi and Dealer Luigi from Mario Party DS (I think) and HOLY BURRITOS that Knuckles costume is BADAASSSS!!!!!!
Gotta thank oNITESkye for the Knuckles! Did a fantastic Job at that! And Glad you like the Luigi's!

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SANNNNNNNICC!!
Yay!! Glad you like!

Im surprised the sonic boom model doesnt have the smaller spines between the larger ones, is that a possibility? Also since theres 3 outfits that are purple would it make more sense for the first purple be replaced with the turquoise one? Either way it looks amazing and I cant wait for cbliss to update!
I mainly wanted to go with a theme'd sonic boom costume which is why he's still the same sonic but with the extras add on, making smaller spines are a bit too difficult for my case as it's in an area I've not touched on in a while I'm afraid!

And yeah! You're right about the purple sonic, the idea on a turquoise sonic is something I'll do on the checklist to replace it! Thanks for that idea! I was debating on what to do with that sonic.

[Disregard this post]
Suddenly I'm curioussss, though I assume it's a later post I'll reply to.

Very interesting.
Indeed it's quite a mystery!

My virus software says otherwise.
Oh, for a while now I've always thought it was my PC doing that haha, so glad to hear this.

Hey Codex9, since you mentioned that you wanted a pink sonic in Sonic's 14, have you ever thought of replacing Purple (not Espio) Sonic with a recolor of Blaze the Cat?
They have a regular Sonic recolor of her and even an Excalibur Sonic recolor in Brawl Vault if you're that interested!
Looking forward to your project by the way! That costume lineup is so much win!
I was considering a Blaze cat Sonic or even funnier going with an Amy one but unsure how that'll look considering all the other themed shoes sonic works because they are male characters, might give this idea a shot and see! And glad you like the line up so far! Going at it as best as I can!

I guess I'll just ask.
Who made that Red Luigi? Looks pretty sick.
Sorry for a very late reply! I assume you're refering to the Mario Luigi one? If so here's a link! http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=741 Made by nsg! If you're referring to the pink/red one then that's just a slight edit to the default one I whipped up!

Squares Camo Snake! My fave!
Its a shame you cant find an actual MGS1 Snake, it always bugs me to see it as just a texture. Hopefully one springs up in time for the release.

I thought it was going to be animal camo....but it was Dio instead!

Also, what is this?

I've never seen this Sonic before. Is it based off of some multiplayer thing?
Very happy to Knux get added. I remember hearing that it did not work with PM. Good to know it can happen now, great job, Codex.
Multiplayer Sonic from Sonic Colors! Though CopynPasteKevin answered for that so thanks for that and sorry for the late reply!

Glad to hear you liked the Knuckles one and Snake! Again, special thanks to oNITESkye for that!

Somehow double posted... -_ -
I do it way too often at times and have to improvise so no worries man! It's all groovy!

@ Gripes. Gripes. The Sonic bot costume is from the Sonic Simulator in Sonic Colors. It's basically the multiplayer mode of the game.
Thanks for the fast reply! I was away when that question popped up! Gotta love you guys for this!

....still waiting on an update for this.
:201h::201o::201p::201e::201f::201u::201l::201l::201y: :201s::201o::201o::201n:
If you be talking about character updates then I got a Peach one right now, if you're talking about the whole build, it'll be a while I think.

Shulk confirmed for Project M Codex!

It's only been a few days since the last update. Patience is a virtue.
Thanks for understanding! Hopefully the wait pays off for everyone in the end!

Also fun thing is that I did the Renders/CSPs/BPs for KTH's Shulk on the vault funny enough! Check it out if anyone wants to be feeling it!

I'd say give him time, we all have lives and I mainly do this as more of a hobby and when I can, I can spend a whole day re-doing characters/renders like this Peach one I have for today.

Even when the CBliss update is out I still got quite a few things on my list to do, not to mention IRL stuff going on in the back.

Y'all need to calm down lol. It's only been 9 days since his last update, not some extensive length of time that would normally get you thinking that he might've died or something. Give him some time.

+ (Not to mention his new avatar giving away that he's recently watched the season finale to Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works. Cliffhangers like that can age a man... >> lolol...Sabreee </3 )
Thanks! 100% this ^ if I were for whatever reason disappear I would pass a message to Taiko or anyone on the Smash 3 team to pass it on if I can't get a hold of the PC, I wouldn't disappear without saying in most

+ (Also you got me! I'd double like this post if I could! That season finale was so gooooood, a cliffhanger like that really will age me silly, specially now we have to wait til next year ;-; it'll be worth it thought!)

Also Saber is so perfect~:

UPDATE:

Peachy Time, again I'll apologise over and over for being late but back to the routine! Here's Peach!

CSPs:

BPs:

A couple of notes to make, I was never entirely sure about the Minty Green peach costume but also the same with the default Brawl one, so I quickly made a Smash4 Green style peach.

I also did the same with the Black and Yellow one, as well as making my own Purple themed Peach... or well it came out more Violet, well hope it turned out okay! I'm considering replacing the Mars Peach with a Smash 4 style version, what do you all think?

I also added Melee style Peach in as well as bringing back the original white costume to tally up to the 14 costumes! Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:

Marsephel

Smash Rookie
Those peach costumes are boss, I REALLY like your violet one, it turned out pretty awesome. Also I'm a big fan of the minty one, everything you release makes me more excited!

MagicManNo9

So wait, whats the link to download this?
Still being worked on! Hopefully when CBliss update hits I'll go full hyperdrive mode on this!

It's still a work in progress so unfortunately there is no download (yet!).
Yet indeed! Thanks for replying quickly when I was away man!

Thanks, looking forward to this.
I hope you do and I hope for everyone it the wait pays off!

Those peach costumes are boss, I REALLY like your violet one, it turned out pretty awesome. Also I'm a big fan of the minty one, everything you release makes me more excited!
Thanks! And I'm really glad you pointed out about the Violet one, was so surprised at how well that came out, also glad you like this green version of Peach! Will do my best!

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
i still wish as least the Daisy Color ALT for Peach WOULD be ACTUALLY DASIY
& i still dont kno why Sakurai coulda just did that for Smash 4 since Chars were gettin Alts of Diff/Male/Female chars but yea
Still waiting on PM Codex Edition Hope it Gets Released IN DA NEW YEARRRRRRRRRRR

MERRRYY SMASH YEAR 2 ALL =D

Top Bottom