• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M - Codex Re-Build [PREVIEW] - In 3.6 Works Edition [JULY 5th UPDATE]

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
Sounds fun.
It's certainly is~

Really liking your build so far!!! :)
For the stages.. have you seen the ones created by spat? http://smashboards.com/threads/stages-by-splat.331918/ (well at least the Bowser's Castle one), you should check them out.

Also... are you using cbliss to add more character costumes and the stage expansion template for the stages?

(Nice avatar btw)
I'm a huge fan of Splat's stages, he makes some of the most nice looking ones out there! So I'm definitely going to put that in with any other ones he's working on!

And yes! I'm using CBliss to max out all character costumes and stage expansion for full area!

shadowcontroller

Smash Apprentice
Nice! ... did you have any problems using the stage expansion and cbliss together? I haven't been able to use them at the same time (SSS gets all messed up) XD

MagicManNo9

Nice! ... did you have any problems using the stage expansion and cbliss together? I haven't been able to use them at the same time (SSS gets all messed up) XD
I remember having issues with setting them up (Mind you this was a very long time ago!) Iirc someone else asked that in the thread a while back, what I would say though is download a build that already has them installed, and use them as a template to work with! (Though thinking about it I could just make a template myself for people if they really wanted to, will need a day to do that mind)

Also just noticed your comment on my avatar! Thanks! Huge fan of Lucina here~

MagicManNo9

Remember to add in Nude Zelda - it's the top downloaded on BrawlVault.

;)
Oh God, I remember looking into it a while back was casually going "So what IS the best costumes for Zelda?" and took a look, and "Oh My" was my reaction.

It made me chuckle seeing that, and then seeing someone other than me point that out.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Oh God, I remember looking into it a while back was casually going "So what IS the best costumes for Zelda?" and took a look, and "Oh My" was my reaction.

It made me chuckle seeing that, and then seeing someone other than me point that out.
Then you went and checked Zero Suit Samus. :4pacman:

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
hey codex about how long do you think it will take to finish the build?

MagicManNo9

Did you just stereotype yourself?

wat
Joking abouts haha (Though I am actually drinking coffee atm)

hey codex about how long do you think it will take to finish the build?
Quite a bit I'd say, lots to work out on, specially when I'm on the side modding, if you want I can create a template PM with CBliss and Stage expansion if that helps? (Just remembering way back now)

MagicManNo9

So you're a coffee.
The best brand of coffee.

Also UPDATE on Mario, redid his CSP for the third time and hopefully the last!

:mario2:Mario:

In case people ask why this is the reason:

Old:
New:

- Old one was too close (When next to Luigi it felt really out of place) so pushed it back to match everyone else.
- I used a white layer for shading, at the time it was my first time via Taiko's guide so I overused the lighting and the glow went outside the body so you can see faint white glows on the old one.
- Basically lowered the level of the lighting as well.
- Dr Mario's CSP on the old one was bigger than the other Mario costumes and was very noticeable, so I re-did Dr Mario's size and fixed that.

Wow, all that for just CSP, as I've said before! Every little detail counts! So hope people like this change, even if it's a tiny one!

For those waiting for the template, give me til later tonight, at the moment I'm pretty busy but should be able to make time later on!

shadowcontroller

Smash Apprentice
Looks really nice!!! Great work!!

Edit:

Btw are you planning to use the ASL? Don't know if it will be compatible, but maybe it would be a nice addition to your pack

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

Looks really nice!!! Great work!!

Edit:

Btw are you planning to use the ASL? Don't know if it will be compatible, but maybe it would be a nice addition to your pack
Thanks! I haven't tried it out yet but I plan to test it out after first release just in case there would be too many issues and what not.

Infamousrapid

Smash Rookie
Thanks! I haven't tried it out yet but I plan to test it out after first release just in case there would be too many issues and what not.
Actually i been messing around with ASL with all maxed out character slots so you shouldn't be having any issues. At least i don't seem to have any on my end haha.

Btw great work so far on the build. I can tell this is going to be an instant classic for everyone including myself.

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
By ASL, you're talking about alternate stage loader right? If so, you could probably add multiple versions of the same map with different weather effects or look.

Infamousrapid

Smash Rookie
By ASL, you're talking about alternate stage loader right? If so, you could probably add multiple versions of the same map with different weather effects or look.
That's exactly what i have been doing actually. I have also put competitive stages to randomly load while keeping the casual stages load by button input.

Wander-VG

Smash Cadet
That's exactly what i have been doing actually. I have also put competitive stages to randomly load while keeping the casual stages load by button input.
Codex had a similar idea, casual and competitive stages, good for everyone.

Infamousrapid

Smash Rookie
Well now I'm quite curious as to what stages he will be using. I personally kept all the PM casual stages. Just kept them from showing up randomly and requiring button input like (A+R) for them to show up whenever I just want to casually play.

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Can't wait for your build! Looks really interesting and less random when it comes to costumes the the Patt Edition has.

BravoGangUS

Smash Rookie
Are you going to add stock icons to your character texture downloads?

And do you know how to add the small icon when it says this in the top right?
"InfFace086.brres: not found"

I've seen it a lot on other characters as well and don't know how to fix it

andzrej

Project Z Curator

In pf/info/portrite just duplicate another one and rename it to the skin #, in this case 086. Open and replace the image.

SJS

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSamus
Oh yeah, was wondering if I can get a battle icon as well! Will updated the Nes Mario with these portraits at they're just the best lookings ones out there!
Of course.

MagicManNo9

Actually i been messing around with ASL with all maxed out character slots so you shouldn't be having any issues. At least i don't seem to have any on my end haha.

Btw great work so far on the build. I can tell this is going to be an instant classic for everyone including myself.
Ohh, that's really good to hear, I'm glad because I'm worrying about that and I haven't even got to that part yet!

Also thank you so much! I'm glad to hear people are liking this build so far, I'm aiming for a lot of things in the end result so this will certainly be a great feeling towards the end of finalizing this build in the future!

It'll be interesting to see what I can do with ASL, competitive, weather styles, all comes down to the stage, I'm very glad that most stages made in the vault have a competitive and normal version in mind for these things, makes things so much more easier to pick from a huge range~

I'm glad I'm not the only one with that in mind!

Everyone in mind is the goal at the end of the day! That's my main aim!

Can't wait for your build! Looks really interesting and less random when it comes to costumes the the Patt Edition has.
Thanks for the support! Look forward to it man! It's going to be awesome! (Or at least I hope will be!) I really like the builds currently out but I always wanted to try out my own build, so I'm glad it's going really well!

Sorry I couldn't reply to that in time! I happened to have been really busy the last two days! Glad it's sorted and yes! I shalls be working on stock icons for those that need it!

Here is the current version: https://www.mediafire.com/?oevudqo8qovefve The ditto is in MiscData 70, #51.
In pf/info/portrite just duplicate another one and rename it to the skin #, in this case 086. Open and replace the image.
Thanks andzrej! I'll also note this down for future reference!

Thanks! :D
Had no idea it was as simple as that
Once you get your head around it, it can be quite fun! Having to spend the time on this build actually ended up being one hell of a learning experience as well, I feel so much more confident then when I first started haha!

Of course.

Thanks man! I'm planning to do a system where players can pick out the features they want in a build (working on a site for this funny enough) so like, if they wanted to use default CSP or SJS CSP they'll be able to pick and pix (That's for after first release) mainly because your ones are 10/10 pro work in my opinion! (It's also one of the reasons I started on this build just to add)

UPDATE:

Sorry it's been a bit late everyone, I've been away the last two days, was at my first Smash Tourney in the UK, was really amazing and had a blast, but now it's back to updating the build.

Gone back to characters after taking a break, I actually count roughly how long it takes to do one character, with Zelda it took 3-4 hours to pick out her costumes, just to clarify it isn't as simple as picking out and placing, I'm aiming for consistency and the little details I edit.

So it goes like this:
- I pick out the 10 costumes, noting things down and whatnot
- Make note on little things like hair face color and such
- If I need to edit I would have to spend an hour working on it, and considering how picky I am with texturing, I tend to spend a long time getting it exactly the way I want.
- After that I have to start posing the model and creating CSP's, which can take not so long to very long depending on how the result comes out, mainly because I have to edit, leveling and getting the right lighting and shades to work.
- After that I mix into the build and test them all out.

Here's an example of the Melee Zelda I DL'd:

The original texture had a pinkish details around her so I just quickly edited it.

Anyway that's enough blogging from me, here's Zelda (I was watching the Hyrule Warrior's Direct today so I ended up being in the Zelda mood, expect Sheik to be done later tonight):

:zelda: Zelda:

I'm also going to update the main page later so expect a redone page that's up to date and standard!

shadowcontroller

Smash Apprentice
Codex, it looks amazing!!! I'm sure it will be one of the best builds around here!

A smash tourney!! That must be a great experience! Did it go well?
Here where I live looks like there will never be tournaments or places where you can play competitively :p oh well..

As always, excellent work!

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

Codex, it looks amazing!!! I'm sure it will be one of the best builds around here!

A smash tourney!! That must be a great experience! Did it go well?
Here where I live looks like there will never be tournaments or places where you can play competitively :p oh well..

As always, excellent work!
Thanks man! Yeah it was pretty damn good fun! Everyone was nice, first time doing a proper tourney for Melee and PM over here, never knew about the competitive scene in local area until now, if you ever get the chance to go to one I highly recommend going! It's one of the best experiences you can have in smash!

MagicManNo9

Also, now that you're choosing Zelda's costumes, have you checked this out?
Oh yes I have actually, I decided to place Midna to the side for the time being as a I had the entire slots filled (I might consider switching Mirage Zelda with Midna) the main reason I didn't do it is because I was aiming to match Zelda up to Sheik, however Midna is on my maybe list for a later date.

Speaking of Zelda/Sheik, it took me a long night but here's the Zelda/Sheik costumes, one vital thing I wanted to do was keep consistency and matching up because I know players that shift between the time in game:

:zelda: Zelda:
:sheik:Sheik (NOTE: Impa is a Temp placement to side by Skyward Sword Zelda until I find a perfect fit):

There's a couple of things I would like to explain mainly because it took a whole evening to work on matching these and finding the right ones, (Really, I was staring at the screen scratching my head for ages debating on costumes, fun but woah I didn't realize the time) Firstly I already explained how I matched Sheik to Zelda's costume, it's more fitting in game without feeling out of place.

The second thing is Impa from Skyward Sword, thing with Skyward Zelda is that she isn't a Sheikah in the game, therefor never actually has an alternate Sheik costume, I picked Impa from Skyward sword because I felt it was fitting and it felt smooth, I will say however her model is up to the standard I wanted to, or rather you'll notice if you pause playing as Impa, the costume actually looks really good when fighting mind, so for now I'll see what people think on this idea (That and I might wait for a potential Skyward Sheik costume to be made or the Hyrule Warriors Impa or Sheik maybe)

I think the only other thing is to point out the texture edits I did, which are firstly Melee Sheik, which I had to edit to fit right when I put it next to the other characters/Melee like costums such as Ganon and Link, this is the result:

And the other is that I made a new texture! Mainly to fit and match up with Theytahs Hilda's Costume:

I edited the front part with the Lorule Emblem, was surprised how well it came out! Hope people like it! You can download the Skin here:

Last edited:
Top Bottom