• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M - Codex Re-Build [PREVIEW] - In 3.6 Works Edition [JULY 5th UPDATE]

Jackpot08

Smash Apprentice
looks awesome.

im REALLY looking forward to Reality64 if you guys haven't heard of it. you should check it out and i am sure they could use some of your expertise help from the project M fam.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Oh God, because I main link I know how confusing that can be when I test the costumes (Luckily I use different shades so all three links can be notably different, that mainly was the case with Toon Link most of all) with that said though I should be on my toes when checking and comparing colors.

That's actually a thing I keep questioning myself on, originally I was going to use different poses, however with many different costumes I wanted to add in for other characters I ended up aiming to make a consistent feel from every character and costume, like with Samus as she has 4 other different costumes of shapes and sizes.
Well, I would want to to just differentiate between the two, so we can tell which one's the default and which one's the alt.

That's it, really.

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
looks awesome.

im REALLY looking forward to Reality64 if you guys haven't heard of it. you should check it out and i am sure they could use some of your expertise help from the project M fam.
I'll take a look thanks!

Well, I would want to to just differentiate between the two, so we can tell which one's the default and which one's the alt.

That's it, really.
Ahhh, that's also a very good point, will have to take this into account when I get around to it.

Wander-VG

Smash Cadet
This should be done after the build is finished, a version with static CSPs and another one with different pose CSPs. As well with different kinds of CSS and/or SSS, but that's too much to upload (estimating the finished pack will be around 1.7gbs).

MagicManNo9

This should be done after the build is finished, a version with static CSPs and another one with different pose CSPs. As well with different kinds of CSS and/or SSS, but that's too much to upload (estimating the finished pack will be around 1.7gbs).
Different versions and packs for after the first release? Giving people an option to pick out the style they want and such, I really like that idea! I think I'll be doing that then!

nice work, looking foward to see more!!
Thanks for the support! Shalls be going all out on this!

One suggestion I'd like to make when you get to it is perhaps some Masked Man Lucas recolors.
Ohhh, I'll consider that thanks!

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Have you considered making the skyward sword link have the same colored hair as the rest of the tp link costumes and making the spirit tracks and outset island toon link have the same colored hair as the rest of the ww outfits?

The way they are now feels a little inconsistent.

MagicManNo9

Have you considered making the skyward sword link have the same colored hair as the rest of the tp link costumes and making the spirit tracks and outset island toon link have the same colored hair as the rest of the ww outfits?

The way they are now feels a little inconsistent.
Hmmm, I know what you mean, I might consider doing an optional part on that, though if more people speak on this I'll change the hair color, though I will change some like Toon Links because it would make sense (I'm using a vibrant toon link set for him, as for Link, I was matching the Wii U one, and they have two different hair colors)

heres the link to Reality64 http://smashboards.com/threads/real...wl-update-7-29-2014-update-on-page-12.340730/

looking forward to this if you need an early tester!!
Thanks! As for early testers I'll probably just release the whole pack as soon as I'm done (I tend to test every little detail on things at times!)

Took me a whole day but here's an update to Marth, with new CSP and a new costume I made:

Also DL Ike Marth Costume here:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Looking sharp!

Codex, can I request something? Can you recolor this Luigi to make him look like he is wearing his NES Open World Tournament clothes?

I would really appreciate it if you could/can.

MagicManNo9

Looking sharp!

Codex, can I request something? Can you recolor this Luigi to make him look like he is wearing his NES Open World Tournament clothes?

I would really appreciate it if you could/can.
Oh, Resevered also requested Nes Golf Luigi, I'll get on him right away (Actually have already but I put it on hold due to other stuff) shalls hopefully get it done soon!

Next: Kirby Ganondorf.
Reading that just made my night.

MagicManNo9

People asked and here we go! This is version 1 (As pretty much everything I work on is haha) but hopefully everyone likes this!

Last edited:

Wander-VG

Smash Cadet
Might I suggest getting the NES golf bowser costume for consistency? I'm sure there's a good one on brawl vault.

SJS

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSamus
Thanking you! I saw your avatar today and that motivated me even more to make that texture, speaking of which, everyone here's the link!

https://mega.co.nz/#!gUYh2ILL!nwxHUPRZLWviZ9lwj_ITF9sckRiPPFb_AS8flHdtHY0

Will get to uploading to the vault tomorrow, getting late here and need to get up early! In any case I hope everyone likes this and enjoy!

Cleaned up a bit more in comparison to the other one I showed earlier.
Man, I wish you'd have let me know you needed a CSP for something as simple as a retexture. I can pump out recolor CSPs faster than you can believe. Y'know, if you'd need some more.

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

Might I suggest getting the NES golf peach costume for consistency? I'm sure there's a good one on brawl vault.
Iirc, NES Golf Peach is just the normal peach costume but with a short skirt, I'll look into it a bit though!

Might I suggest getting the NES golf bowser costume for consistency? I'm sure there's a good one on brawl vault.
I see what you did thar.

Man, I wish you'd have let me know you needed a CSP for something as simple as a retexture. I can pump out recolor CSPs faster than you can believe. Y'know, if you'd need some more.

Oh God, there's actually a really funny story behind this, Nes Mario was my first attempt at texturing and my build was an early idea, at the time I wasn't aware I could just request it so made an edit! Thennn I was told that editing isn't allowed so I immediately stopped myself and changed it around ;-;

Basically I was scared to ask after doing that.

That and I have so many to request towards the build! And thank you so much for that Mario, just 10/10 that's just so beautiful ;-;

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

Why does Luigi's Striker Theme sound so much like something out of Fire Emblem?
Oh woah, you're right, it does give off a FE feeling from it, I can't unhear that now.

Oh yeah, was wondering if I can get a battle icon as well! Will updated the Nes Mario with these portraits at they're just the best lookings ones out there!

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
You should put this in your build on a Fire Emblem stage, just for the irony.

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

I need your build.
Now.
Working my way there!

UPDATE:

I finally got around to doing Ganon! Here his set of costumes:

:ganondorf:Ganondorf:

Reason for Melee color's is because PMBR has shown a Melee Ganon costume, which probably most likely mean they'll have alt colors just like Fox and Falco! Also picked the best Melee Dorf I could find!

Also he has the Triforce Mod on him as well in case anyone wonders!

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
No ice or flying luigi. Would not bang. At all.

Would you mind me asking why luigi doesn't have his Ice costume for blue team?
Cmon now, that Blue Luigi is awesome. Plus, even though there is no Flying Luigi, we get Space Land Luigi!

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

No ice or flying luigi. Would not bang. At all.

Would you mind me asking why luigi doesn't have his Ice costume for blue team?
I preferred the maritime blue one because the Ice Luigi ones out there aren't as good as when compared to the other textures (If you don't count the Smash 3 ones, however reason I'm using them is because the team behind that is actually on a build for it from what I know and it's looking amazing) I could make my own one but only if more people want me to make an ice Luigi costume for this build.

As for flying Luigi, I didn't have any extra space to place him in sorry.

Cmon now, that Blue Luigi is awesome. Plus, even though there is no Flying Luigi, we get Space Land Luigi!
I'm glad you like the Luigi set!

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Have you ever thought of replacing Roy with Lucina? You could either add it to the standard build, or make a special version with the replacement. I honestly think that three male Fire Emblem reps is too much, so having a female one would be cool. Along with the fact that Lucina is badass, of course. To keep a competitive aspect, you may want to keep Roy's physics and moveset, but if you don't care about that, the Lucina PSA would do fine. The only thing that bugs me about Lucina mods is the fact that I can never find a good SFX pack, but you may be able to!

pls lucina

MagicManNo9

Have you ever thought of replacing Roy with Lucina? You could either add it to the standard build, or make a special version with the replacement. I honestly think that three male Fire Emblem reps is too much, so having a female one would be cool. Along with the fact that Lucina is badass, of course. To keep a competitive aspect, you may want to keep Roy's physics and moveset, but if you don't care about that, the Lucina PSA would do fine. The only thing that bugs me about Lucina mods is the fact that I can never find a good SFX pack, but you may be able to!

pls lucina
You know, it's funny you should mention that (It's also funny how I keep saying that) I was considering doing a Lucina slot replacement as an optional build as a replacement for Roy, annnnd it's funny you mentioned Roy moveset cause I was looking into that, Lucina's Height is actually shorter than Marth in Smash4 iirc, so I thought it'd be a cool idea to have Lucina over Roy, and as some people may or may not like that I can split the build to suit people's taste.

My only issue with Lucina is getting the right model for Roy, I know about the amazing one SJS did but I've been looking to get exact details with Lucina's model myself (hard to explain, basically working on my own model but will take a long time as I'm still getting the hangs and ropes of modeling) but in terms of what I'm aiming for model wise I might just do my own version on a later date and use the SJS model with a few edits?

On a random note I started stages and here's one I was setting up, shall make a stages section:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
On the Arena Ferox stage, will you be fixing the bottom of the stage? Often when you go off either sides of the stage, you can see that the background doesn't go beyond the camera so you can see a black background. If you do fix it, I'd appreciate a link as I use the stage but the background bugs the heck out of me, haha. Also, if you're doing Lucina, you may want to try and fix her hair or something, because it seems to glitch through Marth/Roy's body when they are in some animations that has their head tilted, such as getting hurt.

MagicManNo9

On the Arena Ferox stage, will you be fixing the bottom of the stage? Often when you go off either sides of the stage, you can see that the background doesn't go beyond the camera so you can see a black background. If you do fix it, I'd appreciate a link as I use the stage but the background bugs the heck out of me, haha. Also, if you're doing Lucina, you may want to try and fix her hair or something, because it seems to glitch through Marth/Roy's body when they are in some animations that has their head tilted, such as getting hurt.
Oh yes, I was playing earlier and noticed that with the Camera, shalls get to fixing it myself when I get to it, and I'll be sure to upload it and link it to you when I do! As for Lucina, I might consider redoing the head, if you were to hide on side of her hair and see, her neck bends diagonally, so it's hard to work with, specially when mixing with Roy, I'll work on a new head model, and create a basis on Roy's body, and if I'm getting really technically, I might edit out the fire or edit a clone copy of Marth, no promises but I have enough confidence to give it a shot!

I need to see that, now.
Oh God, I need to see this also.

Top Bottom