• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M - Codex Re-Build [PREVIEW] - In 3.6 Works Edition [JULY 5th UPDATE]

KMAL

Smash Apprentice
How would I go about adding the NES Mario Alt to Project M? When I Extracted all the files to the SD card the costume didn't show up. Is there something else I have to do?

Last edited:

Tweedle

Smash Apprentice
I love this! I'm probably going to get this only because of the Justin Bailey. So beautiful! Can't wait to see where this goes. (You better have good stuff in store for Zelda)

Also, How large will this file probably be? I'm going to get a bigger SD card regardless but still wondering.

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
How would I go about adding the NES Mario Alt to Project M? When I Extracted all the files to the SD card the costume didn't show up. Is there something else I have to do?
Be sure to rename the .pac and .pcs to FitMario00 or so, whichever costume slot you want to replace, I hope that helps!

I love this! I'm probably going to get this only because of the Justin Bailey. So beautiful! Can't wait to see where this goes. (You better have good stuff in store for Zelda)

Also, How large will this file probably be? I'm going to get a bigger SD card regardless but still wondering.
Ohohoho, the surprise I have in store is actually related to Zelda, it's going to be awesome is all I can say!

My aim for this build currently is towards just under the 2GB margin, just make sure a 2GB SD card and you should be set!

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

Okay thanks, Also do you compile skins, Make them, or both?
Originally I was compiling skins, however I recently dabbled and made the Golf Nes Mario costume so I'm doing a few of my own skins to go with the build, that and I really love some of the stuff I've not seen made and thought I'd give it a shot.

Tweedle

Smash Apprentice
Originally I was compiling skins, however I recently dabbled and made the Golf Nes Mario costume so I'm doing a few of my own skins to go with the build, that and I really love some of the stuff I've not seen made and thought I'd give it a shot.
Oh, Okay cool.

Where do I find that ZSS Justin Bailey doe.

KMAL

Smash Apprentice
Be sure to rename the .pac and .pcs to FitMario00 or so, whichever costume slot you want to replace, I hope that helps!

Ohohoho, the surprise I have in store is actually related to Zelda, it's going to be awesome is all I can say!

My aim for this build currently is towards just under the 2GB margin, just make sure a 2GB SD card and you should be set!
Thanks. Do I do the same for the CPS file? I just put it in the folder along with the pcs and pac files but it didn't show up. Maybe I have to rename it? IDK

MagicManNo9

Can't wait to see what it is!
Expect it in a couple of days! I wasn't expecting it to take longer than this but I'll get there!

Thanks. Do I do the same for the CPS file? I just put it in the folder along with the pcs and pac files but it didn't show up. Maybe I have to rename it? IDK
You'll need to change three things in brawl box of your Project M folder:

In brawl box be sure to open pf > menu > common char_bust_tex > MenSelchrFaceB000.brres You'll find the Mario Portraits there, you'll also find the same ones in pf > system > common5.pac but be sure to change both of them.

When you want to replace the one you want, right click and click replace, choose the portrait you want to add and that should work.

As for the battle portrait, you'll get them here:
pf > info > portrite > inFace000.brress

Mario's is inFace000-006 so pick out the one you want to replace and do as you did with the portrait, I hope that helps!

MagicManNo9

Added Fox this time round, sorry for slow updates! Shall be more when after I wake up next morning! Might use Maritime blue for fox and still debating on if I should use James McCloud costume, I want to but the issue is the amount of costumes I can have have already been filled up...

MagicManNo9

Added Mario at last, this one will also included ice and fire mario with their effects in case anyone wonders.

Mario:

I was actually considering to use the BrawlEx to move Dr Mario into another slot just for the idea of having more costumes for mario but I imagine it'll be too complicated and may end up causing issues, does anyone know much on it? Is it worth trying out? I don't plan to add like, so many characters, just Dr Mario split just because I wanted to add Galaxy Flight Mario and Sunshine Mario.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Added Mario at last, this one will also included ice and fire mario with their effects in case anyone wonders.

Mario:

I was actually considering to use the BrawlEx to move Dr Mario into another slot just for the idea of having more costumes for mario but I imagine it'll be too complicated and may end up causing issues, does anyone know much on it? Is it worth trying out? I don't plan to add like, so many characters, just Dr Mario split just because I wanted to add Galaxy Flight Mario and Sunshine Mario.
Yes! Ice Blue and the new Green Plumber model are awesome!

MagicManNo9

Yes! Ice Blue and the new Green Plumber model are awesome!
No problem! Picking them out took quite some time,

UPDATE:

I was being really stupid and wasn't paying attention to SJS's thread about editing CSP's or recoloring them for that matter so I'm going to put the CSP's on hold until I find an alternate way of working around it (May make my own depending on how it goes) last thing I want to do is disrespect SJS's amazing work!

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Hows it going? Any dates for a release?

MagicManNo9

Hows it going? Any dates for a release?
A lot of things happened and I'm making some really big changes to my plans! Some will make things so much easier!

I hope people like these CSP's, going to be using custom made ones from now one so I won't be restricted when picking out textures!

As for a release date I'm not entirely sure at this point in time, still organising a few things and once that starts working I can finally see a path I work on so I can calculate a time frame!

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
A lot of things happened and I'm making some really big changes to my plans! Some will make things so much easier!

I hope people like these CSP's, going to be using custom made ones from now one so I won't be restricted when picking out textures!

As for a release date I'm not entirely sure at this point in time, still organising a few things and once that starts working I can finally see a path I work on so I can calculate a time frame!
Could I submit an animation I made to make CSPs for normal Mario with? Here's a pic of it. It's based off of one of Mario's victory poses in the Mario Party games.
Also, I suggestion I have: maybe you can consider changing some music pieces to be actual pieces from the original games or remixes from later games.(I.E. Replace Big Blue's theme with the F-zero GX cover, replace SM64 Main theme with Throwback Galaxy, replace both Mute City themes with both Mute City remixes in F-zero GX)

MagicManNo9

Could I submit an animation I made to make CSPs for normal Mario with? Here's a pic of it. It's based off of one of Mario's victory poses in the Mario Party games.
Also, I suggestion I have: maybe you can consider changing some music pieces to be actual pieces from the original games or remixes from later games.(I.E. Replace Big Blue's theme with the F-zero GX cover, replace SM64 Main theme with Throwback Galaxy, replace both Mute City themes with both Mute City remixes in F-zero GX)
Ohhh, I'll consider it thanks! At this moment in time I've been working hard on my own CSP's and such, hopefully it all goes well!

And those are really good suggestions for stage music, I'll be doing that I think in the final version me thinks!

any chance you can flick your CSS icons up for Download?

Theyre awesome, and id love them in my build =)
I'll have them uploaded tomorrow! (Really late right now) glad you liked them, would you prefer just the icons? I think it's easier for me if I do that as a set like that so people can look and edit them as they see fit, I'll attach notes tomorrow as well in regards to where to place them in the pac files

UPDATE:

Re-did Ike Models and did Toon Link CSP's, people let me know what you think of them! Going to be re-doing Link's CSP's because I'm not too happy with them.

Also can someone tell me if they think Toon Link's CSP's are a bit too bright? I'm might just be nitpicking but want to hear any thoughts!

I also released a Chrom Ike costume on the vault in case anyone is looking, here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8z1vvqkczeyvj9/Chrom Ike.rar

With the premission of AlGeorgeRomo and Shun_One I made a version of Chrom's costume mixing in the two other versions and adding extra changes to closly ressembling Chrom's costume based on this image: http://i.imgur.com/U8zf8SU.jpg

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Ohhh, I'll consider it thanks! At this moment in time I've been working hard on my own CSP's and such, hopefully it all goes well!

And those are really good suggestions for stage music, I'll be doing that I think in the final version me thinks!

I'll have them uploaded tomorrow! (Really late right now) glad you liked them, would you prefer just the icons? I think it's easier for me if I do that as a set like that so people can look and edit them as they see fit, I'll attach notes tomorrow as well in regards to where to place them in the pac files

UPDATE:

Re-did Ike Models and did Toon Link CSP's, people let me know what you think of them! Going to be re-doing Link's CSP's because I'm not too happy with them.

Also can someone tell me if they think Toon Link's CSP's are a bit too bright? I'm might just be nitpicking but want to hear any thoughts!

I also released a Chrom Ike costume on the vault in case anyone is looking, here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8z1vvqkczeyvj9/Chrom Ike.rar

With the premission of AlGeorgeRomo and Shun_One I made a version of Chrom's costume mixing in the two other versions and adding extra changes to closly ressembling Chrom's costume based on this image: http://i.imgur.com/U8zf8SU.jpg
The costumes portraits are looking real great. The Toon Link ones are fine as is.

Also, I made a new CSP for Dr Mario,as seen in my profile pic. If you're interested in either CSP poses for your own use, feel free to tell me and I'll upload their animations asap.

MagicManNo9

The costumes portraits are looking real great. The Toon Link ones are fine as is.

Also, I made a new CSP for Dr Mario,as seen in my profile pic. If you're interested in either CSP poses for your own use, feel free to tell me and I'll upload their animations asap.
I thinks I'll be using the same Mario CSP for the Dr Mario, mainly for consistency and such, thanks for the offer though! I might consider it sometime in the future if I get my plans all sorted (I have some nice surprises for people)

Yea man, im just keen on the icons as my build has a bunch of other stuff already =)
There you go! Will update main page as well! https://www.dropbox.com/s/qfe2k4waza54jtx/Icons.rar

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
If you decide to use BrawlEX for Dr. Mario, could you add a new clone of Marth as Lucina? Just use the same PSA as Marth, just different model and SFX. Would be pretty cool.

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

Hope that helps! If anyone wonders how to get rid of the names, I recommend installing the Shun_One menu screen then installing these as I actually don't quite know how either, if anyone does know message me as I'm just as curious!

In common5, go to sc_selcharacter_en -> Misc[30] ->AnmChr->MenSchrFaceI_TopN_0 and change the nameEA7's Y translation to -100

MagicManNo9

nais thanks heaps.

Now to finish work and get home to use them =p
Glad people like them! It was the first edit I've ever done in terms of modding and got me wanting to do more!

If you decide to use BrawlEX for Dr. Mario, could you add a new clone of Marth as Lucina? Just use the same PSA as Marth, just different model and SFX. Would be pretty cool.
Oh wow, Reserved you actually thought of exactly what I was planning, was thinking of using the same PSA and different SFX, even considering making my own model of Lucina based on Smash4's version!

In common5, go to sc_selcharacter_en -> Misc[30] ->AnmChr->MenSchrFaceI_TopN_0 and change the nameEA7's Y translation to -100
Thank you so much! I've been trying to figure that out but never got around to doing it since I've been really busy!

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
If you manage to get Dr.Mario as a BrawlEx char here, would you make him similar to his Melee incarnation? Minus the being way better than normal Mario.

MagicManNo9

If you manage to get Dr.Mario as a BrawlEx char here, would you make him similar to his Melee incarnation? Minus the being way better than normal Mario.
I plan to make some minor adjustments to him, I'll be learning to do that at some point in the future though because I imagine it's easier said than done haha, for now it's creating some nice surprise models! Glad you asked though! I was thinking on it earlier today funny enough!

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Also, one question... does BrawlEX even work with Project M? I thought it was broken...?

MagicManNo9

Also, one question... does BrawlEX even work with Project M? I thought it was broken...?
I've been looking into the possibility of making it work and been asking around in regards to it, apparently people have got it to work but I'm waiting in to see if it's actually possible or if it conflicts with any other mods I plan to be mixing in, will hopefully let you know later tonight once I get back with a couple of people. (I hope it works, but if it's too broken I might not end up using it)

Wander-VG

Smash Cadet
I've been looking into the possibility of making it work and been asking around in regards to it, apparently people have got it to work but I'm waiting in to see if it's actually possible or if it conflicts with any other mods I plan to be mixing in, will hopefully let you know later tonight once I get back with a couple of people. (I hope it works, but if it's too broken I might not end up using it)
Take a look at Project EX, I'm sure it will help you.

Also, progress is looking great, the long wait will be worth it.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=67116.0

Narpas_sword

Thank you so much! I've been trying to figure that out but never got around to doing it since I've been really busy!

no worries =)

i dont suppose you have an alternate version of the Icons with a single background color?
Flatmate wants them for his build, but says that the different colours looks 'too windows 8' lol

MagicManNo9

The guys working on Project M Unbound got it working. They have a functional Lucina and Pichu(actual PSAs) on their build.
Yeah, I was asking someone from that team about it and been looking into it quite a bit, going to be trying out a few things tonight!

Take a look at Project EX, I'm sure it will help you.

Also, progress is looking great, the long wait will be worth it.
Oh wow, thanks for this! Will be trying this out tonight experimenting tonight!

no worries =)

i dont suppose you have an alternate version of the Icons with a single background color?
Flatmate wants them for his build, but says that the different colours looks 'too windows 8' lol
Pfffffff, well can't blame him for seeing it like that haha! Does he have anything specific he would like? I can make a set quickly if you have requests?

Top Bottom