• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M - Codex Re-Build [PREVIEW] - In 3.6 Works Edition [JULY 5th UPDATE]

DualX

Smash Apprentice
I like your CSS a lot, I made a variant of it with with normal models / some sjs to better fit my pack.

Quick question, how did you modify the background? The default purple bg for pm kinda clashes with the look.
Is there anyway I can get a downloadable copy of this without the ditto?

Also, Codex9, it would be much appreciated to get a hold of that Samus and Zero Suit pack. When will those be up for grabs?

Wander-VG

Smash Cadet

Also, Codex9, it would be much appreciated to get a hold of that Samus and Zero Suit pack. When will those be up for grabs?
You can edit the icon by yourself, or use this variant.

Last edited:

KMAL

Smash Apprentice
That purple samus looks really good. Can't wait for this to release.

Speaking of release, any updates on when you'll be releasing this?

And also, will you be releasing the CSS as a standalone ?

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!

Check out the link on the front page! You can edit it yourself as I just provide the PNG's for the icons! Also use the link that Wander-VG provides if you just want purple icons! If you really want though I can provide a random icon to that of the default looking one with just the question mark?

As for the Samus and Zero Suit pack, I think I might upload separate sets in packs like you said, will make things so much easier for those that look forward to the build but wants certain sets!

About the CSS, you can find a download link in the main post, it also has a purple icons variant.
Thanks for linking that to him! Will add the purple one to the front page later on me thinks!

That purple Samus looks really good. Can't wait for this to release.

Speaking of release, any updates on when you'll be releasing this?

And also, will you be releasing the CSS as a standalone ?
I shall be announcing an release date within the next week or two, shalls be aiming to get as much done as possible! I can't keep delaying this any longer!

As for the CSS, you can actually get a link from the front page as well as a purple edition provided by Wander-VG!

MagicManNo9

UPDATE:

Perfect timing! I actually was editing and working on one that would look pretty close to the image you linked:

I actually spent the entire day working on link, believe it or no I was nitpicking insanely the entire day, if the skins match, if the colors are right, what costumes to pick and if the levels of color match and fit in the game, I ended up completely CSP which took a few more but it was so worth it!

Edited version of Hyrule Warriors Link, color balance and fixed sections that blend well rather than being too "bright", if people wonder why I keep taking a long time updating with one character it's because I edit a current model, even the small details, then go out and message owners if that's okay and such! Why am going into detail now? Probably because I felt like explaining the long time spans in between updates with one character.

Also I was debating on what I should do with Shadow link, I was considering replacing him buuuuut made this instead:

And here are the CSP's, this time I did Link proud (I hope):

Lemme know what people think! Hope you all liking this! With this I think Link is complete! Shalls be working on Zelda, Shiek and Ganon next!

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Good to know the hat is finally fixed. I honestly would prefer the big blue scarf on Hyrule Warriors Link's CSP to be removed, as it looks really odd, but it's your decision.

MagicManNo9

Good to know the hat is finally fixed. I honestly would prefer the big blue scarf on Hyrule Warriors Link's CSP to be removed, as it looks really odd, but it's your decision.
You know, I didn't notice that until you pointed it out! I looked at it without the scarf and it looks so much better, so I'll use that! Also any little details you want to point out I'll look into it, I'm aiming for a really clean build at the end of the day!

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
really looking foward to this build as i've had the same idea for characters.

Wander-VG

Smash Cadet
Hey Codex, are you planning in including any PSA? Like Triforce Ganondorf, or gfx/effects for characters?

MagicManNo9

really looking foward to this build as i've had the same idea for characters.
Thanks! Glad you're liking it!

Hey Codex, are you planning in including any PSA? Like Triforce Ganondorf, or gfx/effects for characters?
As a matter of fact I am using the Trifoce Ganondorf PSA, as for SFX and such!

As for the GFX, I'm wondering if I can apply SFX for certain character colors, like let's say if I had Melee Ganon and I just wanted to apply that sound effect onto him, I was wondering if I can adjust the GFX to play melee sounds on that particular Ganon, if anyone knows this is true then things are going to be quite interesting with other characters~

while we're at questions how did you get more costumes in?
I used CBliss, as for the process look at the link Wander-VG used, I remember doing it way back and remember how much of an issue it was.

Please have sword ganon
Don't you worry, it'll be included~

It's a different process, doing it normally freezes the game in certain circumstances, I remember Mewtwo2000 explaining it.

EDIT: Found the thread
Thanks for the link! This could help others in case they wonder!

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
You should probably switch the positions of HW and Dark Link.
Having OOT Dark Link be the first OOT link alt on the CSS would be weird if you get what I mean.

MagicManNo9

Can i get a DL for that purple samus and the white tunic link?
Wander-VG provided a link for Mirage Samus~ If you want to know anymore just ask and I'll try to get back to people asap!

Here, Purple Samus

About Link, I'm sure Codex will provide a download link later.
Thanking you for the Purple Samus link! As for the Skyward Link, I just managed to upload it:

Also updated the DL section with these, and uploaded Hyrule Warriors edit, though not as much of an edit to the of the Skyward Link (Or well, I remember taking hours on Skyward Link from what I remember just from editing it to get it right!) In either case enjoy!

Last edited:

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
the problem i have with cbliss is that i have a stage expansion build and idk what to do for it.

MagicManNo9

Well, I'm not able to set up cBliss by myself because of compatibilty issues, so I can't help you. All I can think of is using another build as a base, like Patt Anderson's build or NFreak's build. They both have cBliss and also a stage expansion.
I recommend this thatoneguy1, I remember setting up can be quite a nightmare even more so if you're not use to it, it'll make things much easier I'd say!

Also want to hear people's thoughts, do you think it's okay to Shadow Dragon Marth as the main three colors? And put the brawl one as a separate costume, this way I can give myself two more spaces to add costumes as I want to add his Awakening DLC one, basically:

And two more spaces then so I can add in the Awakening Marth (From Shun's thread) and another space for another?

That and I love the design for Shun's Marth more than anything else, it's basically what got me into modding and even creating my own build in case anyone wonders!

Wander-VG

Smash Cadet
It's a good idea, but I think you should use other texture for Brawl's blue Marth (Mango Marth maybe?), because having 3 blue costumes is a bit... Blue.

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

It's a good idea, but I think you should use other texture for Brawl's blue Marth (Mango Marth maybe?), because having 3 blue costumes is a bit... Blue.
Ahhh, that's true, though looking over to link who has 3 greens I could get it to work (Mainly because people I know like default blue Marth) So I'll gather them all up first and see what they look like, might add Mango since I have a free costume slot for Marth.

I really like that last march the white/blue
Same! Mainly chose that one because PMBR is doing their own version which they show'd on the front page, tis why I used it, so when 4.0 comes out I can switch it out when the time is right!

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
UPDATE:

Perfect timing! I actually was editing and working on one that would look pretty close to the image you linked:

I actually spent the entire day working on link, believe it or no I was nitpicking insanely the entire day, if the skins match, if the colors are right, what costumes to pick and if the levels of color match and fit in the game, I ended up completely CSP which took a few more but it was so worth it!

Edited version of Hyrule Warriors Link, color balance and fixed sections that blend well rather than being too "bright", if people wonder why I keep taking a long time updating with one character it's because I edit a current model, even the small details, then go out and message owners if that's okay and such! Why am going into detail now? Probably because I felt like explaining the long time spans in between updates with one character.

Also I was debating on what I should do with Shadow link, I was considering replacing him buuuuut made this instead:

And here are the CSP's, this time I did Link proud (I hope):

Lemme know what people think! Hope you all liking this! With this I think Link is complete! Shalls be working on Zelda, Shiek and Ganon next!
I like them. Though, I was thinking.

Should the pose for the OOT Alt be different from the Default Link?

MagicManNo9

Oh right, forgot about those 3 green Links, it can be confusing in some matches.
Oh God, because I main link I know how confusing that can be when I test the costumes (Luckily I use different shades so all three links can be notably different, that mainly was the case with Toon Link most of all) with that said though I should be on my toes when checking and comparing colors.

I like them. Though, I was thinking.

Should the pose for the OOT Alt be different from the Default Link?
That's actually a thing I keep questioning myself on, originally I was going to use different poses, however with many different costumes I wanted to add in for other characters I ended up aiming to make a consistent feel from every character and costume, like with Samus as she has 4 other different costumes of shapes and sizes.

Top Bottom