• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M All-Star Versus Mode, New Alt. Costumes Revealed

lil T

Smash Journeyman
Why is people assuming so much? People mad because they assume there is no new characters and they assume this new mode won't be competitive and mad because of other ****. Project M Is known for giving us info one at a time. they did that like crazy before 3.0 with the turbo mode,Clone engine,Alt costumes engine and rest of the cast being finish. So we don't know if this is it or if they have more(Actually on the website they said there is more Alt costumes to be revealed).
And when turbo mode first came out, there was a few tournaments where they had turbo tournaments. People realized how bad of an idea it was after a few tournaments but my point is it was tried a few times. So who knows, Maybe they will be a few tournaments Trying out the new mode and if it's hype, interesting, and not broken then it might become a thing too.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I love the costumes.

The new mode looks eh.

That boxing ring stage looks weird.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Wow, that mode looks really great. Not a fan of PM though...I wonder if there is a way to bring this over to other mods.

LydianAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
CHARACTER SHUFFLE: THE MOVIE: THE GAME: THE SIDE EVENT:

TWO PLAYERS DO BATTLE WITH THE WHOLE CAST.

ONE PLAYER'S FIRST SELECTION IS THE TOP LEFT-MOST CORNER, THE OTHER'S IS THE BOTTOM RIGHT-MOST CORNER. GOING IN OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS, EACH PLAYER SELECTS, IN ORDER, EACH CHARACTER FOR EACH CONSECUTIVE STOCK.

82 MINUTE TIMER. NO PAUSING, GRIND IT OUT BOSS.

THE STAGE IS BOXING RING, NO EXCEPTIONS. DON'T LIKE IT? GIT GUD FIG NEWTON.
My bro and I do this we call it round robin. Whoever reaches the last char first loses (because loser changes characters)

or wins if winner changes characters

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I think project m was an excellent idea, but I don't like how it was executed. It doesn't look like an actual smash game anymore imo.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I think project m was an excellent idea, but I don't like how it was executed. It doesn't look like an actual smash game anymore imo.
It looks exactly the same but with extra content... how's that not smash anymore?

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Can we see Fierce Deity Link or maybe even a Hyrule Warriors costume for Link? And I really like Ganondorf's OoT costume. I'm sure Kage will jump all over that , lol. But I can't seem to remember why you can't give OoT Link and Ganon their true voices. TP Ganon sounds way too old, it just doesn't suit OoT Ganon at all. And I really miss OoT Link's battle cries. Such as the legendary "SHIIEEEAAAHH!".

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Why is people assuming so much? People mad because they assume there is no new characters and they assume this new mode won't be competitive and mad because of other ****. Project M Is known for giving us info one at a time. they did that like crazy before 3.0 with the turbo mode,Clone engine,Alt costumes engine and rest of the cast being finish. So we don't know if this is it or if they have more(Actually on the website they said there is more Alt costumes to be revealed).
And when turbo mode first came out, there was a few tournaments where they had turbo tournaments. People realized how bad of an idea it was after a few tournaments but my point is it was tried a few times. So who knows, Maybe they will be a few tournaments Trying out the new mode and if it's hype, interesting, and not broken then it might become a thing too.
That's the thing. Turbo mode is supposed to be broken.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I really think they should just add the PM Bowser's Castle mod to vPM, it's a great stage, much better than Peach's Castle.

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
I'm pretty sure it's "TECH!".
I don't hear the 'T' when I play the sound effect. Even after trying to imitate the voice with that word, it doesn't sound like the sound effect at all. In closing, he says "Kick!" or "KEK!". At least we can agree that Melee Ganondorf says "Ahhh... AHHHHH!!!" during his 'Warlock Punch', right?

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
are you talking about the ectual 'looks'? Cuz Project M IS Brawl, just modded here and there to make it more competative play.
No, I am talking about the game itself. I know what project m is, and I see it very often because of how popular it is, but its gameplay does not remind me of neither brawl or melee's.

Last edited:

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
No, I am talking about the game itself. I know what project m is, and I see it very often because of how popular it is, but its gameplay does not remind me of neither brawl or melee's.
Okay, so you have SEEN it. Have you played it? It's better to experience the gameplay by playing it, not watching it.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I don't hear the 'T' when I play the sound effect. Even after trying to imitate the voice with that word, it doesn't sound like the sound effect at all. In closing, he says "Kick!" or "KEK!". At least we can agree that Melee Ganondorf says "Ahhh... AHHHHH!!!" during his 'Warlock Punch', right?
Well I dunno about you, but "TECH!" is what it sounds like to me (with a bit of French to it). The "T" is clearly identifiable.

KidKrimzon

Smash Cadet
NNID
KidKrimzon
Four alternate costumes, actually. There was that Lucario alt.
there have been 6 total costumes announced so far for the new update in PM. One for Marth, Samus, Ganon, and Pit. Lucario will have two color options to his new one. So 6.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
there have been 6 total costumes announced so far for the new update in PM. One for Marth, Samus, Ganon, and Pit. Lucario will have two color options to his new one. So 6.
Samus will have two other ones as well, but Lucario currently only has one costume. Colors shouldn't count.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
So does this mean we can have a 41 stock match where each person picks every character in the roster? What about picking the same character multiple times like in MVC2?

lil T

Smash Journeyman
That's the thing. Turbo mode is supposed to be broken.
Yeah I know, I'm just saying that even though it was Broken people still tried to do tournaments with it. So I'm pretty sure when this new mode comes out people are gonna be willing to try it in a competitive setting.

Last edited:

CheapMovieMonster

Smash Cadet
NNID
LegendaryLink17
3DS FC
1891-1579-9718
That new mode that they plan on adding seems really neat and I'm glad that they are still working on Alt. costumes that are either unique or familiar but I still want to know if we're still getting Ike Climbers, April fools or not. :U

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
So I assume this is going to replace the regular all-star mode in Project M right? Also does anyone know when this is coming out? It looks pretty good!

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I hear tuck

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
This is a mode I always wanted in the new smash. Of course, as always, Project M delivers. The Alts are a nice bonus.

Now, when are there going to be different art renters for the Character Bios and Character Select Screen? That's what I really want!

Top Bottom