• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M AI Tournament. RIGHT NOW!

Dantarion

Smash Champion
twitch.tv/dantarion

Me and Kingcluber, Project M's AI coder, hanging out and watching CPU's fight to the death...FOR SCIENCE!

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
He has risen from the ashes! Dantarion the phoenix.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Which AI won? My money's on Gdorf, he's nutty now.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Which AI won? My money's on Gdorf, he's nutty now.
Which AI character would you guys say is the dumbest/smartest/mehbleh(definition: mediocre)

Chzrm3 I'm not stalking you, I just keep running into you.
lol It's not what it looks like! lol

Tugnus

Smash Cadet
I've done a bunch of AI vs AI. My friends and I used to bet 5$ MM on CPU's. The winner obviously aren't the "smarter" AI's. It's actually pretty simple. Kills normally come from weird hits/bad DI or suicides. That is why the characters with the long recoveries normally do well (The AI also doesn't edge guard too well) in AI vs AI matches.

In actual matches. The dumbest is Mew2 imo. He doesn't DJC that much, he spams shadowball CHARGING (That's right, he just charges), can't string 2 hits together if his life depended on it, and I feel like he tries to teleport to the ledge all the time making the best recovery, the worst recovery. Close seconds are all the big characters because the CPU isn't evasive, fast enough, and doesn't take advantage of their better priority moves (The Bowser AI doesn't have a clue how to use the super armor or how to upB OoS).

The smarter AI's are the ones that cover their approaches. Mario uses his fireball well. Ness is surprisingly fast with his aerials. Fox AI is fast and aggressive, but super easy to gimmick (LOL just like all Foxes). These characters seem to tech chase well also.

Mediorcre AI... I haven't tested Roy enough, but I'm a fan of the Marth and Roy AI. They seem to cover space well. They do a few stupid UpB's and they can't recover, but the long hit boxes on their attacks seems to give the AI a boost on its spacial reasoning.

Top Bottom