• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6 Out Of Beta: Take Two

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
While I appreciate Wario land stuff for Wario I still wonder why the pm team is doing the opposite of Sakurai and removing all warioware stuff in favor of more Wario land?
WarioWare (with hazards) is still available on the Alternate Stage Select, I think. This is prob'ly in a large part to differentiate the hazardéd and hazardless versions.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
F***ing finally. Kinda wish there was more stuff added to this update, but whad'ya gonna do.

While I appreciate Wario land stuff for Wario I still wonder why the pm team is doing the opposite of Sakurai and removing all warioware stuff in favor of more Wario land?
WarioWare is still here (they just reskined their hazardless WarioWare to be Wario Land stage and its better this way because its better than having same stage twice, except one has no minigames). Bike wasn't as useful as Shoulder Charge or whatever its called (sure, you can go apes**t with it, but its not gonna kill anyone anytime soon), so, it makes sense for it to be removed. WarioWare Wario is still here too. So, i see nothing wrong with it.

Trigspro789

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trigspro789
3DS FC
3566-2013-0217
I like the idea of alternate stages. It gives you more options than you really have.

Frage94

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1349-4646-1151
I ABSOLUTE HATED the old announcer, so I'm glad they updated it.
Also the new Wario Land stage is amazing. The music, the coating, and not to mention it's legal at tournaments.
Geno... I honestly doubt he would be coming, like maybe it was a funny glitch? I'm not sure, Geno is top 10 on smash 4 voting ballot (apparently) and the PMDev Team told us they are not trying to compete with Smash 4. I don't even think Geno was a sticker/trophy in brawl, but I could be incorrect(Too lazy to search brawl archives).
The alternate stages switch is functioning perfectly. Not 1 problem that came my way with this. It always went to the stage I wanted it too.
Honestly the only thing the PMDev needs to do to keep me happy is:
1. Get the PM Updater functioning, it doesn't seem to work for me(Does it work for anyone else?).
2.Buffs/Nerfs/Patches every now and then(Or even constant if they have that much time on their hands).

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
F***ing finally. Kinda wish there was more stuff added to this update, but whad'ya gonna do.

WarioWare is still here (they just reskined their hazardless WarioWare to be Wario Land stage and its better this way because its better than having same stage twice, except one has no minigames). Bike wasn't as useful as Shoulder Charge or whatever its called (sure, you can go apes**t with it, but its not gonna kill anyone anytime soon), so, it makes sense for it to be removed. WarioWare Wario is still here too. So, i see nothing wrong with it.
That is honestly debatable.

Wario with tires in Brawl is ****ing scary with her he can do on shield with one or in a legitimate combo.

Smash 4 one now has the added bonus of making his waft charge faster and some of his customs ones are pretty scare in their own right.

Not saying it's not useful in PM, but honestly bike has a lot of utility in the other games.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Seing that Wario Land stage and hearing the original Wario Land remix they've made... it almost make me tear up. It's so beautifully done. Project M truly represents Wario to his fullest, both through his moveset and now stages as well. They have both Wario Ware and Wario Land represented, but most Wario Land, which is how it should be normally.

I'm very disappointed that the ONLY Wario Land representation Smash 4 was given, was Wario's winning song which is from Wario Land: Shake It. Wario's most iconic series and most iconic moves - none of them were put in Smash 4. I know, this isn't the place to rant about that, but it bugs me SO much that something so annoying and weird has been made in Sm4sh. He still feels like Wario trough his moveset and personality, for sure, but still... it makes me really, really sad. It would almost be like Link without a sword and only a stage from Link's Crossbow Training.

Good job, PM. Love what you're doing to Wario :)
Definitely agree with you here. Personally, I find Wario to be one of the most disappointing characters in Smash since he got into Brawl (based on the amount of potential of a great Wario moveset from the Wario Land series and Wario World). And of course, Sakurai and the team are continuing to push the Land series aside in favor of Ware, though the addition the Ruins theme from Shake It! was great. It should have been Wario Land Wario from the start in Smash instead of the WarioWare Wario. Less farting and gross humor and more of the treasure hunter attitude that Wario is BEST known for.

Now I got that out of my system. The Wario Land stage looks fantastic! WAA

Last edited:

SazoonTheBoon

Smash Apprentice
I can't ****ing play on the new warioware stage it's too much for me and hurts my eyes

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77

Wario with tires in Brawl is ****ing scary with her he can do on shield with one or in a legitimate combo.

Smash 4 one now has the added bonus of making his waft charge faster and some of his customs ones are pretty scare in their own right.

Not saying it's not useful in PM, but honestly bike has a lot of utility in the other games.
And don't forget that slamming his bike down from a wheelie is a very strong koing option in Smash 4.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

True, but you're still not going to really KO anyone with it alone, so, what i said is still true. And that is Wario in completly different enviroment.

Last edited:

Said

Smash Rookie
Rumor is Geno is in the top ten most voted characters and a lot of Nintendo artist that worked for Nintendo are talking about Geno (I follow them on tumblr) so I mean he has a shot even tho he is an underdog XD
thers always doubt in my mind, but maybe he'll make it , and honestly they have so much to work with ( moveset )

Sieghart

Smash Apprentice
From what I've seen them say it's more about making Wario true to his Wario Land incarnation as a whole. If there overall vision for Wario's moveset is any indication they just want Wario Land Wario rather than Warioware. If anything it further seperates PM from other smash games which is more than enough reason on its own with what they're striving towards.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
How do you switch the stages I'm holding down z
Hold L, not Z.

Even though I don't play it anymore and a lot of the changes to characters are hit or misses with me, it still does a damn good job at representing series and having all the fanservice a Nintendo fan could ask for. It's a little disheartening seeing it slowly decline with some crap circumstances, but I'm glad that PMDT still continues for it's fans and for the love of the game.

NotaSkeleton

Smash Cadet
Really nice job with the WarioWare stage change. I always felt like WarioWare was a strange game to base Smash Wario off. Wario Land and World have so much more to offer when it comes to movesets. Besides that, the stage looks absolute baller now.

DownsideC

Smash Cadet
NNID
Audiohades50
3DS FC
3797-8964-1796
what ever happened to the leaks about Knuckles, Lyn and Isaac?
No Lyn = rip me

N00B64

Smash Cadet
I noticed there used to be wifi safe versions in the download section on the Pro M website, but I don't see those anymore. How do we play Pro M online now? We could in 3.5 so I'd like to know how to do so in 3.6. Help would be greatly appreciated.
get a decent computer and play over netplay instead of playing over molasses.

Notshane

Smash Ace
what ever happened to the leaks about Knuckles, Lyn and Isaac?
No Lyn = rip me
To my knowledge, many have claimed that the leak was fake; which makes sense since no Project M members have once acknowledged Lyn or Knuckles as official characters.

I have dug around for many, many, many months now to no prevail on the existence of these two, let alone Isaac. It is safe to say that they will not appear until next year or so; possibly never. So, do not get your hopes up.

DownsideC

Smash Cadet
NNID
Audiohades50
3DS FC
3797-8964-1796
To my knowledge, many have claimed that the leak was fake; which makes sense since no Project M members have once acknowledged Lyn or Knuckles as official characters.

I have dug around for many, many, many months now to no prevail on the existence of these two, let alone Isaac. It is safe to say that they will not appear until next year or so; possibly never. So, do not get your hopes up.
rip me then i guess

Top Bottom