• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6 Out Of Beta: Take Two

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
The Project M Team has left fans with an incredibly exciting announcement: Project M 3.6 is out of beta! Even more has been added to Project M with work done to stages, a new announcer, character tweaks, and more. Let's settle in and see some of the fantastic efforts put forward by the Project M Team!

"I'd like to present Wario Land. Wario Land has identical gameplay to Wario Ware, but with a shiny new coat of paint. Wario in PM has been designed way more around his Wario Land games than his Wario Ware games, and we felt it would be appropriate to change his stomping grounds to reflect that." - LlamaJuice​

Along with a fantastic new song the team has put in incredible work to really make the stage shine. Learn more about this stage by checking out LlamaJuice's post on /r/ssbpm which include more details and pictures.

Meet Project M's New Announcer

Locking into that character of choice has never sounded better thanks to the new vocal styling of Kane Jungbluth-Murry! He's really rocking the mic so go and enjoy the show.

Meet The New Bowser's Castle!

Bowser's Castle now has a new alternate layout and has gotten some other great fixes including:
  • Tweaked textures to eliminate some texture seams.
  • Fixed Bowser's shadow so that it no longer gets cropped.
  • Moved spawn points so that players no longer spawn inside each other
Bowser himself has also got some cool changes including a down throw from his Koopa Klaw so be sure to try him out on his special stage.

Alternate Stages

Miss some of your favorite Brawl stages? Well some are making a comeback! Including Bridge of Eldin shown above Brawl Rainbow Cruise was added to Peach's Castle HD. There are other hidden stages as well so be sure to look around. We'll give you a hint: 64.

For those missing the Awakening Roy costume in this build have no fear, it is on its way! In an announcement made by Nanobuds1220 on /r/ssbpm it was stated "When the model is ready to go, we will release an optional patch just for Roy. The patch will contain only the costume and aesthetics, so there will be no major balance or gameplay changes." This was done as the devs listened to fan feedback and wanted to present the best model possible. Read the full announcement here.

---​

Geno In Project M?

Alongside the update for the game there is other news worth noting. For those who have not seen, it shows a broken model of Geno from Super Mario RPG Legend Of The Seven Stars was loaded instead of R.O.B. The PMDT has previously said that only characters that had been licensed for use in Brawl would be added to the game. On top of this there is a more logical explanation to what may have happened and it has been confirmed fake.

---
Want the full list of changes? Be sure to check out the official changelist from the Project M Team and go download the game! Can't wait to see the game in the competitive arena? Be sure to keep an eye out for Paragon LA taking place on September 5th through 6th which is officially the largest Project M tournament of all time. Excited for these updates? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to stay tuned in to Smashboards for Project M news updates!

Writers Note: Hey everyone SmashCapps here. I'm sorry for the previous Project M article that had a lot of folks upset. Obviously I made some mistakes and hopefully this better article makes up for them and folks can forgive me. I'll strive to keep making things better and I do take constructive feedback from everyone very seriously.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
bruh

pm is 2 gud

I'm so glad we took matters into our own hands when Nintendo wouldn't give us what we wanted. :D

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
The new announcer sounds as sexy as Xander Mobus ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
Am I the only one that knew the Geno thing was fake? I love Geno, and i wished he was in a smash game, but the moment I saw the model over rob, I knew it was a broken mod.

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
Oh my
This is beautiful, and it's so much more hype when it comes out of nowhere :D
This is community is so great that we are able to have the dedication to make such quality content.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Seing that Wario Land stage and hearing the original Wario Land remix they've made... it almost make me tear up. It's so beautifully done. Project M truly represents Wario to his fullest, both through his moveset and now stages as well. They have both Wario Ware and Wario Land represented, but most Wario Land, which is how it should be normally.

I'm very disappointed that the ONLY Wario Land representation Smash 4 was given, was Wario's winning song which is from Wario Land: Shake It. Wario's most iconic series and most iconic moves - none of them were put in Smash 4. I know, this isn't the place to rant about that, but it bugs me SO much that something so annoying and weird has been made in Sm4sh. He still feels like Wario trough his moveset and personality, for sure, but still... it makes me really, really sad. It would almost be like Link without a sword and only a stage from Link's Crossbow Training.

Good job, PM. Love what you're doing to Wario :)

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
I noticed there used to be wifi safe versions in the download section on the Pro M website, but I don't see those anymore. How do we play Pro M online now? We could in 3.5 so I'd like to know how to do so in 3.6. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Sieghart

Smash Apprentice
I noticed there used to be wifi safe versions in the download section on the Pro M website, but I don't see those anymore. How do we play Pro M online now? We could in 3.5 so I'd like to know how to do so in 3.6. Help would be greatly appreciated.
There's an addon in the launcher now iirc.

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
So much for Geno. At least there's Knuckles, right? And Lyn? Right? I guess not.

I'm really digging the Wario Land stage. Actually thought it was from Wario World, since that was my favorite as a child.

Βearzor

Smash Cadet
I love the Wario Land stage! I was just thinking earlier today that I wish that stage could be redone, and then you guys do it the same day! :p Can't wait to check it out.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
I get the feeling by this point all everyone really wants is a Smash newcomer or two exclusive to PM... the Stage looks gorgeous, mind, but it's the icing on the cake by comparison.

considering what I've seen on other privately made mods, though, I can only imagine how difficult it would be to implement them and make it look at least mostly seamless.

D

Deleted member

As much as I dislike Project M, I'm going to be honest

This is better than Smash 4.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Yo that new Wario stage redesign? Waaaaay better than the last stage!

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
People still play this god awful mod?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I approve of the Wario Land stage. Now it doesn't feel so empty and soulless like it did when it was just WW sans-microgames.

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
yeah , but i feel like it would be out weighed by some stupid vote :/
Rumor is Geno is in the top ten most voted characters and a lot of Nintendo artist that worked for Nintendo are talking about Geno (I follow them on tumblr) so I mean he has a shot even tho he is an underdog XD

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
While I appreciate Wario land stuff for Wario I still wonder why the pm team is doing the opposite of Sakurai and removing all warioware stuff in favor of more Wario land?

Top Bottom