• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6 Online via Dolphin Netplay Setup + Optimization Guide

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
I was testing it with my keyboard, but I didn't notice that Z was B and X was A.

That was the problem.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Are you pressing return to wii menu after saying no? you don't want to do that.

Native support isn't working with netplay yet but it's being worked on.

Are you using 652? What does it say where the code should be?
http://gyazo.com/ccfcf548f5bb07ee4aa1e84f4786fac0

Thats after I hit start netplay. I thought the port number was it but im pretty sure it isnt...

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
When I play on dolphin by myself it runs at a smooth 60 fps, but when i connect to someone else I get hella frame drops when the ping appears to be stable. I NEED HELP

Y-L

Smash Champion
When I play on dolphin by myself it runs at a smooth 60 fps, but when i connect to someone else I get hella frame drops when the ping appears to be stable. I NEED HELP
Well test if it is indeed the ping by turning the buffer to like 100 if it starts lagging

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
Well test if it is indeed the ping by turning the buffer to like 100 if it starts lagging
So i turned the buffer up to 100 and the lag stopped immediately, so it is my connection.

I read online that I cant use the traceroute command to diagnose where the problem is but I have no idea what the results mean lol, do you have any suggestions?

Y-L

Smash Champion
So i turned the buffer up to 100 and the lag stopped immediately, so it is my connection.

I read online that I cant use the traceroute command to diagnose where the problem is but I have no idea what the results mean lol, do you have any suggestions?
I'm not sure, make sure you're on a wired connection then check if anyone else in your household is using a lot of bandwidth. Also make sure no one is stealing your WiFi haha

Enfuego

Smash Rookie
when i run Build_ISO v3.5 (i have done everything stated in the tutorial) it says 0 file(s) copied for everything, warning: couldn't compute FAST_CW pointer, ERROR #35 (SYNTAX ERROR) in LoadFileALLoc<> @ src/lib-file.c#2994, and it also says File not found: ssbb.d/sys/main.dol. any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
when i run Build_ISO v3.5 (i have done everything stated in the tutorial) it says 0 file(s) copied for everything, warning: couldn't compute FAST_CW pointer, ERROR #35 (SYNTAX ERROR) in LoadFileALLoc<> @ src/lib-file.c#2994, and it also says File not found: ssbb.d/sys/main.dol. any help would be greatly appreciated
Sounds like your brawl iso is bad or you didn't put your iso in there.

KevinxGrande

Smash Rookie
NNID
KevinGrande
3DS FC
0147-1117-9969
I have a question. I have a project m 3.5 iso . Project m is already in the iso when I got it. How would netplay set up work for that. Will it be the same process minus the iso build part?

Y-L

Smash Champion
I have a question. I have a project m 3.5 iso . Project m is already in the iso when I got it. How would netplay set up work for that. Will it be the same process minus the iso build part?
If it's got the correct md5, then you just start playing. If not, you need a brawl iso.

derpcube

Smash Apprentice
Do i need to get dolphin or netplay? I have the Wifi safe version running on my wii, but I can't connect online. I get Error Code:60000

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
Do i need to get dolphin or netplay? I have the Wifi safe version running on my wii, but I can't connect online. I get Error Code:60000
You don't use WiFi on Dolphin, WiFi isn't netplay. Plus, that error is there because there are no more nintendo WiFi servers. If you want to use WiFi on a wii Google Wiimmfi.

Last edited:

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
Hi! I am on mac, and whenever I try compiling a 3.5 build inside the project m folder, the compiler fails. I have the compiler FOR 3.5. any help?

Pocket Freye

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0018-2697-0732
I can't seem to get the official gamecube adapter to work. Dolphin just isn't picking it up, I've tried downloading drivers but it doesn't seem to work at all.

Quintessence

Smash Rookie
Hello, in the instructions it says to specifically not use a save file for netplay. Is there a way to use a save file for netplay so that you can use custom controls and such?

SuperDS64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDS64
3DS FC
1676-3810-3884
I have a Mac and when I try to unzip 3.5 Build - Mac 1.0.zip (with Archive Utility), I end up with 3.5 Build - Mac 1.0.zip.cpgz. How do I fix this?

Update: nvm, I just found a complete PM.iso so I don't have to build.

Last edited:

Quintessence

Smash Rookie
So after setting up everything and plugging in my gamecube controller, it appears that I had to set a deadzone of 10 for the main stick and 17 for the C-stick. Should I be concerned about this?

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
So um tried to run the Mac builder using textmate and got this
rom: can't read /var/mail/zipfile
/bin/bash: line 2: import: command not found
/bin/bash: line 6:
: command not found
/bin/bash: line 7: syntax error near unexpected token `('
/bin/bash: line 7: `basedir = os.getcwd()
'
Help anyone? Please and thank you.

Raleiigh

Smash Rookie
thanks for this i pretty much want to play this game with my bro on his pc will gonna give this a shot

hype machine

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone help me on step 5 on "making an ISO". I dont know what to do. The Current file MD5 Checksum value is the same as the one they show the instructions but it still says it doesnt match, i would show a screenshot but i dont know how.

Also im not sure if im even doing this step correctly

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
Can anyone help me on step 5 on "making an ISO". I dont know what to do. The Current file MD5 Checksum value is the same as the one they show the instructions but it still says it doesnt match, i would show a screenshot but i dont know how.

Also im not sure if im even doing this step correctly
Could be you have a bad brawl iso. See if you desync.

hype machine

Smash Journeyman
Could be you have a bad brawl iso. See if you desync.
sorry i dont know what you mean by desync. Also Is this Step even necessary? The project m ISO Doesnt show up on my dolphin like everyone elses, but if i Drag The project m ISO into the Dolphin Window it boots up Project m normally. Is the last step nesscasary For Better Quality? I also havent bought my Adaptor yet but planning on it after im done setting up.

Y-L

Smash Champion
sorry i dont know what you mean by desync. Also Is this Step even necessary? The project m ISO Doesnt show up on my dolphin like everyone elses, but if i Drag The project m ISO into the Dolphin Window it boots up Project m normally. Is the last step nesscasary For Better Quality? I also havent bought my Adaptor yet but planning on it after im done setting up.
A desync happens when your iso differs from your opponent. Both players will see something different on their screen if it happens. The md5 check makes sure everyone's iso is the exact same so this doesn't happen. If you don't see it you need to browse for isos in dolphin and select the location where the iso is.

hype machine

Smash Journeyman
A desync happens when your iso differs from your opponent. Both players will see something different on their screen if it happens. The md5 check makes sure everyone's iso is the exact same so this doesn't happen. If you don't see it you need to browse for isos in dolphin and select the location where the iso is.
Sorry i took so long i had to go to a class. Turns out my MD5 Checksum value was a match, i just didnt paste the original value in the first place. Thanks for the help. Also i was playing netplay on the keyboard and had some input lag (Comparable to wii u smash online lag), but no game lag. about how much input lag do u have, and what can i do to improve it. Also how can i check my ping

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
Sorry i took so long i had to go to a class. Turns out my MD5 Checksum value was a match, i just didnt paste the original value in the first place. Thanks for the help. Also i was playing netplay on the keyboard and had some input lag (Comparable to wii u smash online lag), but no game lag. about how much input lag do u have, and what can i do to improve it. Also how can i check my ping
There will always be input lag because you're playing online. With around 30-40 ping you're looking at about 3 frames of input lag which shouldn't be as bad as smash 4. Your ping is displayed when you join a lobby. Divide the ping by 15 to get the appropriate buffer to use and buffer is what adds input lag. Just keep it low until you start losing frames.

GrizzyBeer

Smash Cadet
me and my friend get constant de-sync's, almost like every other game. our Dolphin settings are all the recomendded ones the only thing that i can think of is different Brawl, ISO's but i figured since theyre the same version it shouldnt matter if we got them from different sources.

is PM just naturally very de-syncy? i found melee de-synced rarely

edit: i re-downloaded a different Brawl ISO gonna see if it works

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
me and my friend get constant de-sync's, almost like every other game. our Dolphin settings are all the recomendded ones the only thing that i can think of is different Brawl, ISO's but i figured since theyre the same version it shouldnt matter if we got them from different sources.

is PM just naturally very de-syncy? i found melee de-synced rarely

edit: i re-downloaded a different Brawl ISO gonna see if it works
A game is not "desyncy" it will either desync because your iso/settings differ or it wont desync. Make sure you have the correct md5 as detailed in the op and figure out who is at fault.

Narpas_sword

Or if you are using the latest version, that isnt entirely ready for PM, but seems to work well enough, it will probably be 'desyncy'.
iirc, you cant random the first map on 4.0-5886 or it will desynch

Y-L

Smash Champion
Or if you are using the latest version, that isnt entirely ready for PM, but seems to work well enough, it will probably be 'desyncy'.
iirc, you cant random the first map on 4.0-5886 or it will desynch
It desyncs when you do anything random (luigi side b, peach turnip, a random name) the random stage select actually isn't random so that doesn't cause desyncs.

Narpas_sword

It desyncs when you do anything random (luigi side b, peach turnip, a random name) the random stage select actually isn't random so that doesn't cause desyncs.
Strange,

I only said the random stage thing because that's when my netplay mate said, and i went with him, apologies, i should actually test before making assumptions.

We always play random maps, and it got to the point we knew which would be next lol, so i know it's sequential on something.

Did have an instance where we went straight into a game, battlefield, and we must have both thought we spawned on the left, because in each of our games, our opponent spawned right and ran off the right and died =p

Vs'd his peach and didn't have a problem desynching though. He even pulled a bob-omb mid way =/

Definitely looking forward to a no problem Dolphin build, the new version is really good performance wise. 1080p full AA is crisp.

Top Bottom