• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6 Online via Dolphin Netplay Setup + Optimization Guide

D

Deleted member

Nothing is removed, just some things aren't working properly. Hopefully I'll have this sorted out whenever the next PM update is but it's not worth getting the whole community to update their iso for stamina / all star mode.
IMHO, It totally is for casual play, but oh well. At least nothing important is broken....
Also, do you have any Idea why PM lags like nuts with two people on screen? I can run Project M just fine with my other Dolphin setup with a LOT of graphic enhancements and doing something like 1v1 on Smashville with netplay is barely playable...

Y-L

Smash Champion
IMHO, It totally is for casual play, but oh well. At least nothing important is broken....
Also, do you have any Idea why PM lags like nuts with two people on screen? I can run Project M just fine with my other Dolphin setup with a LOT of graphic enhancements and doing something like 1v1 on Smashville with netplay is barely playable...
What are your specs? Could be your hardware..

Shaunlyons

Smash Rookie
sorry if im wrighting in the wrong place but when are you gonna update your build of PM looks amazing tho im not gonnda download 3.0 but if its updating to 3.5 im getting it!

D

Deleted member

What are your specs? Could be your hardware..
On this PC,
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti

It could be a problem with my settings, but I ran 3.0 with the SD loaded method on Dolphin before with 4X Anti-aliasing and 2-2.5x Res at full speed on most any stage 1v1.
When I was playing netplay, it ran pretty slow even though me and my friend both had decent specs and low settings. It ran fine with 1 character (1P timed), but that's it

Y-L

Smash Champion
On this PC,
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti

It could be a problem with my settings, but I ran 3.0 with the SD loaded method on Dolphin before with 4X Anti-aliasing and 2-2.5x Res at full speed on most any stage 1v1.
When I was playing netplay, it ran pretty slow even though me and my friend both had decent specs and low settings. It ran fine with 1 character (1P timed), but that's it
I think your specs are fine but are your friends? Also try on newest dev builds, they are faster than 3.0

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Run as administrator if that doesn't work it might be your iso.
Got the game to activate but I can't create a Brawl save memory whatsoever, and I apparently need to create a Brawl save file to play Project M. Any idea on how to activate dolphin's Wii Memory card?

Y-L

Smash Champion
Got the game to activate but I can't create a Brawl save memory whatsoever, and I apparently need to create a Brawl save file to play Project M. Any idea on how to activate dolphin's Wii Memory card?
You don't need a save file, on 4.0-652 saving is disabled to prevent desyncs. You just press continue without saving.

TheGreatBrawler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueMario1998
3DS FC
5198-3100-0796
After this part:
was done checking for files or specifying them the project m didn't appear in the folder, and I saw that there was some files unspecified for reasons I do not know. I did follow every step on the guide, help please?

Y-L

Smash Champion
After this part:
was done checking for files or specifying them the project m didn't appear in the folder, and I saw that there was some files unspecified for reasons I do not know. I did follow every step on the guide, help please?
if there was just 1-5 files then thats ok i think it's zelda or something but if theyre all missing then it's either your brawl iso, you didn't run as administrator, or you don't have enough hard disk space.

TheGreatBrawler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueMario1998
3DS FC
5198-3100-0796
if there was just 1-5 files then thats ok i think it's zelda or something but if theyre all missing then it's either your brawl iso, you didn't run as administrator, or you don't have enough hard disk space.
Yep that's the mistake I did, I didn't do "run as administrator" my bad lol. I just encountered a new problem though that it says there isn't projectm\pf\ folder, make sure that it's in the same directory although it is. Not sure what's the problem is this time :/

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
Yep that's the mistake I did, I didn't do "run as administrator" my bad lol. I just encountered a new problem though that it says there isn't projectm\pf\ folder, make sure that it's in the same directory although it is. Not sure what's the problem is this time :/
Yeah I think when this happens you have a bad brawl iso.. try redumping.

GroovyCactus

Smash Rookie
I'm using the latest dev build of dolphin because the versions in this thread do not support the wii u gamecube adapter. I have an intel core i5- 4440 @ 3.10 ghz, 8 gigs of ram, and a nvidia gtx 760 TI and I can not play this game without lag at least every 10 seconds. The supported dolphin versions in this thread may work but I can't use the gamecube adapter for them. Guess I'll just have to stick to playing project M on my wii :/.

Y-L

Smash Champion
I'm using the latest dev build of dolphin because the versions in this thread do not support the wii u gamecube adapter. I have an intel core i5- 4440 @ 3.10 ghz, 8 gigs of ram, and a nvidia gtx 760 TI and I can not play this game without lag at least every 10 seconds. The supported dolphin versions in this thread may work but I can't use the gamecube adapter for them. Guess I'll just have to stick to playing project M on my wii :/.
Your specs are perfectly fine, I'm sure there is something wrong. Try monitoring your cpu temps/clock speeds/and gpu clock speeds and see if anything is up. Try another build too.

Spiral King

Smash Rookie
That mediafire link goes at 60 kb/s, maybe mirror it on mega or something?

Also, I didn't realize there isn't a version of Dolphin that supports the wii u gamecube adapter and netplay. That's too bad :/, P:M seems to run so well.

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
That mediafire link goes at 60 kb/s, maybe mirror it on mega or something?

Also, I didn't realize there isn't a version of Dolphin that supports the wii u gamecube adapter and netplay. That's too bad :/, P:M seems to run so well.
We're upgrading builds soon so keep on the lookout.

D

Deleted member

I think your specs are fine but are your friends? Also try on newest dev builds, they are faster than 3.0
We're playing with the Dolphin DC Netplay setup in 4.0-652. I'm pretty sure his specs are fine, though, I MIGHT be wrong. Any ideas, assuming my friend's specs are fine as well? I'm out of ideas (School's kinda pre-occupied me since we played (and has eased up), I could look into it harder if you can't/don't want to find things, I've got no clues myself)

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
Hey, thanks again for helping everyone out. For debug mode, z starts a grab (unless in the air). This shouldn't happen and it essentially render frame advance useless. I think I am using the an offline version of dolphin (4.02 iirc) and the netplay 3.5 build. I've had a few other graphical issue, could that be related?

Y-L

Smash Champion
Hey, thanks again for helping everyone out. For debug mode, z starts a grab (unless in the air). This shouldn't happen and it essentially render frame advance useless. I think I am using the an offline version of dolphin (4.02 iirc) and the netplay 3.5 build. I've had a few other graphical issue, could that be related?
That build is very outdated, try the latest dev builds.

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
Maybe try the offline iso (not the netplay build). What graphical glitches do you encounter?
Things like Kirby inhale, Squirtle up b, Lucario aura effects, and a few others have weird brown texture. Also, when you first start the game it displays a light brown screen for a split second, ps2 shows a the same brown on its screen in the back. The magnifying glass shows random colors instead of the character. They all don't really matter, but they could be related. Also, melee has some similar issues (weird magnifying glass issues, the floor of FoD being completely black) if that helps. I will try the normal ISO builder and see if it helps.

Y-L

Smash Champion
Things like Kirby inhale, Squirtle up b, Lucario aura effects, and a few others have weird brown texture. Also, when you first start the game it displays a light brown screen for a split second, ps2 shows a the same brown on its screen in the back. The magnifying glass shows random colors instead of the character. They all don't really matter, but they could be related. Also, melee has some similar issues (weird magnifying glass issues, the floor of FoD being completely black) if that helps. I will try the normal ISO builder and see if it helps.
What graphics adapter are you using? Also try switching backends (D3D/OGL)

Chad Barr

Smash Rookie
Please help i have been trying to fine a solution for a while now i have no i dead what is wrong. But when i use the build its cant locate my brawl iso

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
What graphics adapter are you using? Also try switching backends (D3D/OGL)
I have tried both it didn't change anything. D3D doesn't work for some reason, so I use OpenGL with my integrated graphics. Which download should I use for the ISO builder on the P:M website? I would assume homebrew full set, right?

D

Deleted member

I have tried both it didn't change anything. D3D doesn't work for some reason, so I use OpenGL with my integrated graphics. Which download should I use for the ISO builder on the P:M website? I would assume homebrew full set, right?
I'm actually familiar with the light brown graphics. Go to Graphics->Hacks and make sure EFB copies are enabled

The Soap

Smash Apprentice
A couple weeks ago my Dolphin crashed while I was playing. I restarted it and my paths were cleared, along with some other settings. After I got everything set back up, I tried to play PM again, but it crashed Dolphin upon startup. This now happens every time I try to play PM, despite my other ISOs working perfectly (Mario Party 4-6, Melee and even Brawl). No matter what I do, it still crashes, even after I deleted the ISO and rebuilt a new one. What do I do?

Y-L

Smash Champion
A couple weeks ago my Dolphin crashed while I was playing. I restarted it and my paths were cleared, along with some other settings. After I got everything set back up, I tried to play PM again, but it crashed Dolphin upon startup. This now happens every time I try to play PM, despite my other ISOs working perfectly (Mario Party 4-6, Melee and even Brawl). No matter what I do, it still crashes, even after I deleted the ISO and rebuilt a new one. What do I do?
Try right clicking it and going to the save file location and deleting anything there, same for brawl.

Top Bottom