• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6 Online via Dolphin Netplay Setup + Optimization Guide

Jalio_the_Brave

Smash Cadet
If ping was ridiculously high (like 800-3000000) then it sounds like you're losing connection to the Dolphin server.
If that's the case is that a router problem on my end? I have to wonder if my ISP is throttling my connection cause I'm using p2p. Or is it more an issue with dolphin itself?

Skatch

Smash Rookie
That's what I was referring to here: "You may be one of these few people with connection issues. Try what's in the FAQ. I've heard of people that can connect with one person but not the other. It has to do with certain routers not allowing connections." I'm not sure why that happens, you'd be better asking on the Dolphin forums.
So, I got it working, at least when I'm hosting. When I hosted i didn't copy dolphins suggested IP, I copied my public IP+openedport (for example 123456789:12345). Anyways I can confirm that it works fine with everyone, not just certain people now. You may wanna add that to your guide, that you shouldn't copy dolphins IP if the ID or nothing at all isnt working, but instead your public IP:Opened Port.

Last edited:

ManInTransit

Smash Rookie
NNID
ManInTransit
3DS FC
1203-9234-1405
I have a clean SSBB ISO (not 4 GB) and whenever I run the Build, I continue to get this error:

"Please make sure you have 'projectm/pf' in the same directory as this builder pack."

Am I placing it in the wrong location? The ISO and the projectm folder are in the root.

Thanks!

Y-L

Smash Champion
I have a clean SSBB ISO (not 4 GB) and whenever I run the Build, I continue to get this error:
"Please make sure you have 'projectm/pf' in the same directory as this builder pack."

Am I placing it in the wrong location? The ISO and the projectm folder are in the root.

Thanks!
Screenshot your builder folder and the contents of your projectm folder.

Last edited:

maggot447

Smash Cadet
I am assuming this has been asked and I apologize for asking it again if so, but can I just use ImgBurn with my actual copy of Brawl and make an .Iso?

Y-L

Smash Champion
I am assuming this has been asked and I apologize for asking it again if so, but can I just use ImgBurn with my actual copy of Brawl and make an .Iso?
Yeah, I'm not too sure on how to actually do it but yeah what you're legally supposed to do is rip your Brawl iso onto your PC.

maggot447

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I'm not too sure on how to actually do it but yeah what you're legally supposed to do is rip your Brawl iso onto your PC.
Imgburn has an option just to make a iso on there, so it shouldn't be too hard, I can tell you my results if you would like to endorse people to do it this way?

Y-L

Smash Champion
Imgburn has an option just to make a iso on there, so it shouldn't be too hard, I can tell you my results if you would like to endorse people to do it this way?
Yeah, as long as your Brawl iso is NTSC then that should work.

maggot447

Smash Cadet
Yeah, as long as your Brawl iso is NTSC then that should work.
Well, my disc drive never wanted to recognize my disc(I tried Mario Galaxy cause I thought it being Dual layered could be the issue). A program called Rawdump is suppose to make .iso files for GC and Wii games though.

Y-L

Smash Champion
Well, my disc drive never wanted to recognize my disc(I tried Mario Galaxy cause I thought it being Dual layered could be the issue). A program called Rawdump is suppose to make .iso files for GC and Wii games though.
I believe only some disc drives are compatible with Wii discs..

ManInTransit

Smash Rookie
NNID
ManInTransit
3DS FC
1203-9234-1405
The best method is to dump to SD using homebrew software on your Wii. That's how I got my games.

ManInTransit

Smash Rookie
NNID
ManInTransit
3DS FC
1203-9234-1405
Yes, I'd recommend Waninkoko's DVD Dumper. It should work for both Wii and GC titles.

I can't post links yet, but just google that and there should be a sites.google page with the download.

ManInTransit

Smash Rookie
NNID
ManInTransit
3DS FC
1203-9234-1405
Everything looks right. Your iso is 7+ gb NTSC? Run it on your Windows partition as administrator.
You were right in that I didn't have administrative privileges. I ran it again but still got the same error.

Do I need to keep "projectm" in the "riivolution.zip"?

Y-L

Smash Champion
You were right in that I didn't have administrative privileges. I ran it again but still got the same error.

Do I need to keep "projectm" in the "riivolution.zip"?
No you don't need to do that. Some other guy had his projectm folder in a projectm folder not just the root projectm folder. Can I see the contents of your projectm folder showing the path at the top?

Lawn Chair

Smash Journeyman
My Dolphin emulator is crashing on startup.

I've redownloaded everything, trying installing directx, windows updates and noting works help!

Y-L

Smash Champion
Don't really understand this, can you get on skype with me

user: nick.stango

Sorry just really hard to understand
Sorry I don't like to give my Skype out but what I'm trying to tell you is to try updating your graphics drivers on your rather old video card.

Y-L

Smash Champion
I ran it and it didn't work
So what exactly happens? You open dolphin you can't get to the settings or anything it just says it's not responding as soon as the program opens? Are the dolphin files in a protected area or an area where they have limited access?

Gridelin

Smash Rookie
Here's a guide I wrote a while back on how to connect Gamecube Controllers to the PC without an adapter:

A Mini Guide:
Requirements:
• Windows 7, Vista, or XP (Windows 8 might work, but you would have to find your own way to disable driver signatures.)
• A Nintendo Wii with Homebrew Channel.
• A gamecube Controller, I believe Wavebirds do work
• Download these 2 files:
http://www.ngohq.com/?page=dseo
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4tiIt1c41d2YW5vbFFJZ1N1Z0E/edit?usp=sharing
Step 1 (Windows 7 and Vista only)
You will need to open the dseo13b file.
Once the program is open, and you have agreed to the two statements, you will see this screen:

You are going to want to “Enable Test Mode”, hit next, and then restart your computer once test mode is enable.
Upon reboot, if performed correctly, you should see:

. In the bottom right hand corner of your desktop

Step 2 Instal PPJoy
This is the most annoying part, and is the part I couldn't get to work on my friends Windows 8.1 computer.
Extract the 10056.7z file to a folder, you will need all of the files in this folder.
Right click “ppjoysetup-0-8-4-6(5)” and run as administrator, and then follow the installation. If any problems occur during installation, try running the install file in compatibility mode with a windows xp service pack.
* If this doesn't work you may want to also look up guides on how to install PPJoy on a Windows 7/Vista Computer, as it is a rather annoying process, you may find a different method that works for you.

Step 3: PadSend
The next step will be on your wii, you will need to open up the homebrew channel, and tap the home button on your wii remote in order to locate your Wii’s IP Address.

Write down your Wii’s IP address in a notepad, and then return to the main menu of the homebrew channel. Now plug in whatever Gamecube controllers you are going to want to use on Dolphin. Leave your wii on the Homebrew channel and return to your computer.
After this is done you can move back to your computer. If you’re on Windows7 or Vista, you’re going to right click the “PadSend Server (2)” file and click properties. Go over to the Compatability tab, and make sure the settings match:

Once the settings are applied, run the “Padsend Server (2)” file, It will open but will be in the windows tray:

Click on the Icon of the file, and then select the Wiiload Client, you might see a box that says “text” just continue, and you will see this box:

Click yes, and paste in your Wii’s IP from the notepad. If done correctly you should see a screen similar to this, on your Nintendo wii screen:

And the PadSend Server, should now be displaying something similar to this:

Now in your Dolphin Gamecube Controller settings, the Controller should be under the name of one of the following (not the keyboard):

Then just map the controller like normal :)

NOTES:
• To leave the application on your wii, Hold down L,R,Z,A,Y,START all at the same time.
• This method can be used with up to 4 Gamecube Controllers, but they all have to be individually mapped.

• If you wii IP isn’t 192.168.x.x you may have to hex edit the Padsend and the .dol file

• More information can be found about PADSEND and hex editing from the official thread: http://gbatemp.net/threads/padsend-for-ds-wii-pc-application.295119/ but it hasn’t been updated in a while.
• If people have a lot of trouble with this guide, I do plan on making a video on how to set this up, and compare it to my USB Mayflash adapter, but from my preliminary I notice almost no input lag difference between the USB Mayflash and this method.

jhill74

Smash Rookie
Howdy, Thank you for the super easy to follow guide. I still need help >< please help!

I hope image link worked and can be read :/ first post.
Imgur just encase - imgur.com/JhNZXjB

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
Howdy, Thank you for the super easy to follow guide. I still need help >< please help!

I hope image link worked and can be read :/ first post.
Imgur just encase - imgur.com/JhNZXjB
Is your brawl iso NTSC and 7.2GB? Cygwin error is normal.

Last edited:

SpiderJerusalem

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NewBabel
3DS FC
4124-5499-0990
C-stick is iffy. It goes from not being able to use left side (bairs for example) to only using left side (no uair dair or fair) and it's kinda annoying. I've reconfigured a few times but I have no idea what the problem is

Last edited:
Top Bottom