• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Project M 3.6] Custom Stagelist Creator Alpha

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Is there a way to put all the stages not for 1st page onto the 2nd page?
Using the 11 stage GCT file, it seems to have removed all the other casual stages.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Ah, I'm using a custom common5.pac from Patt Anderson's 3.5-1 custom build. But... since he just discontinued development, I'll be trying my hand at continuing it with his aprooval (if i can wrap my head around adding skins/stages/songs), and I've decided to start from ZERO, which means I'll be using the common5.pac you procided. So this all works out in the end.

thank you so much SOJ, great fan of your work even if it's being used to make neat custom build that arent tourney legal and will probably only be downloaded by a few people. :)

EDIT: One more question, is that common5.pac based on the wifi or the full build, you never specified which one, or if it was necessary to have both a wifi/full version of that file. would it be possible for you to provide both versions please?

4.76 MB (4,998,016 bytes) is your base
4.76 MB (4,995,456 bytes) is the non-wifi
4.76 MB (4,995,616 bytes) is the wifi
Should be based off the full set.

Is there a way to put all the stages not for 1st page onto the 2nd page?
Using the 11 stage GCT file, it seems to have removed all the other casual stages.
Yes, follow the SSS part of the tutorial.

Last edited:

Toss Event

Smash Rookie
I followed the instructions completely but when trying to make a 12 stage stagelist I get this, any idea what I might've done wrong?

Citricide

JuneauSmashBros Tournament Organizer
do we extract the archive into the updates folder or do we just put the archive file in there

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I don't want to threadjack but starting a new thread for this seems kind of stupid.

Does anyone have the version of the rules on the SSS used in this tourney? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT0WbIBLdmE

Specifically, I need the "3 Singles Bans" text. I tried making it myself but it looks awful.

Last edited:

Pelet_PR

Smash Captain
Could someone send me a link where I can download the code and common5 with the stage pack already on. I have a mac, and I dont know how to use brawlbox, would really appreciate anyones help. thanks

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Another quick thing. What font is used on the stage select portraits, Genuine? If so, has anyone run into issues with Photoshop not letting you use that font? Because it just skips right over it on mine.

Would it be possible to get a PSD or whatever of the portrait text? I moved it over a bit on my build (lines up with the rest of my SSS much better), but to do so, I just cropped it out of the samples and resized it, which looks pretty terrible: https://imgur.com/a/fXCN6

NFreak

Smash Journeyman

Sundark

Smash Apprentice
Quick question, say I download a stage pack with a logo on the CSS all included and ready to go, but I decide I don't like the logo. How would I go about removing the logo, and only the logo? Would I be able to replace the bg_icon texture with the default one from here, would I be able to simply delete it through Brawlbox, or would it be some entirely different process? Thanks in advance.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Quick question, say I download a stage pack with a logo on the CSS all included and ready to go, but I decide I don't like the logo. How would I go about removing the logo, and only the logo? Would I be able to replace the bg_icon texture with the default one from here, would I be able to simply delete it through Brawlbox, or would it be some entirely different process? Thanks in advance.
just replace the bg_icon with an empty transparent PNG image of the same dimensions. :)

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
just replace the bg_icon with an empty transparent PNG image of the same dimensions. :)
You can actually delete it without causing issues too. If I recall, PM doesn't include this file by default.

So does anyone have a PSD of the stage portraits? When I try to select the Genuine font in Photoshop CS6, it skips right over (and the preview in the dropdown is corrupted). I've reinstalled the font a few times with no luck. GIMP can open the font, but it just replaces it with a serif font or something.

Last edited:

steakhouse

Smash Apprentice
is it possible to add a logo to an existing common5.pac ? i have a bunch of custom CSP portraits that i don't wanna have to redo.

i tried being a bigboy and adding a logo myself, but it doesn't show up on my CSP.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
is it possible to add a logo to an existing common5.pac ? i have a bunch of custom CSP portraits that i don't wanna have to redo.

i tried being a bigboy and adding a logo myself, but it doesn't show up on my CSP.
What did you do when you added it yourself?

It's certainly possible, I had to do it with my own build. Open common5.pac in BrawlBox, go to sc_selcharacter_en, right click MiscData[30]. Import -> Texture, import your bg_icon.png file, and make sure it's encoded (in Brawlbox) as RGBA8 at 256px by 128px.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
What did you do when you added it yourself?

It's certainly possible, I had to do it with my own build. Open common5.pac in BrawlBox, go to sc_selcharacter_en, right click MiscData[30]. Import -> Texture, import your bg_icon.png file, and make sure it's encoded (in Brawlbox) as RGBA8 at 256px by 128px.
this is what i did for PMPE, it worked and it should be in the OP.

hellbuster

Smash Rookie
I have some problems with the My Music menu. First, not all the stages in Page 2 appear in the menu. Also, there is a bugged entry, that has the Pokémon Stadium icon, but Battlefield name, and freezes when it is selected (screen below).

xxneurotoxinxx

Smash Rookie
So i copied and pasted the stagelist addons folder to the root of my sd card like i was supposed to. i didnt get a crash, but they just dont show up in the addons menu at all, the only thing on there is the official wifi thing. i tried both the hackless and homebrew methods, but neither worked. need help.

D

Deleted member

Sooooo, whenever I made the CSPs, the font installer wouldn't work for me. Thus, when I edited the text photoshop, instead of being able to directly add italics, I had to fake it by just literally angling the text.

Yeah, kind of ghetto.

edit: you're not a bother, I'm just a dingus who forgets to respond sometimes

Last edited by a moderator:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Sooooo, whenever I made the CSPs, the font installer wouldn't work for me. Thus, when I edited the text photoshop, instead of being able to directly add italics, I had to fake it by just literally angling the text.

Yeah, kind of ghetto.

edit: you're not a bother, I'm just a dingus who forgets to respond sometimes
lmao seriously
Like Transform>Skew and then shifted the top a bit?
quality

Signdog

Smash Rookie
there is no bg_icon for me?

http:// gyazo.com/763016a054004ec5d5abca5e5d1b39c8

im on 3.5 fullset hackless

fixed it im stupid

Last edited:

Signdog

Smash Rookie
i want to edit Tourney Pack v1 Stagelist - 10 Legal Stages so that sonic and yoshis story are switched, but every time i go into the code in the hex editor and switch them, then change it out with the original my pm will no longer load anything past the "play" screen, help

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
Was there a camera difference for Project M 3.2 and 3.5?

Got a few mapes that says "3.2", but i'm not sure if it's useable competitively for 3.5.

iNSOMNIACssbm

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shadowsoul7
Do you have any video tutorials? i'm relatively new to the project m scheme (at least with modifying code) and I'm relatively bad at figuring out how to do this with read directions :ohwell: Thanks!

Top Bottom