• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6 Beta is Out Now!

Kai_64

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kai9001
Anyone having issues booting up 3.6? I'm at my friend's place and he doesn't have homebrew so I'm using the stage Builder method to boot it up and it keeps freezing trying to load up the menu?
I'm actually having the same problem right now.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
So apparently my old 2 GB SD is write protected now according to my Laptop, but my Wii can read it just fine for some reason... The only problem is....I have the wrong RSBE01 in my codes folder, so there is no way I can replace it with Project M's...
Luckly, I have it backed up on my PC, so I put it on my 8GB. But now I run into another issue... My Wii reboots when launching Project M.
I thought users with hacked Wiis were able to use 8GB SD cards for this.
Edit: Nvm. I fixed the Write-protected error.

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
You know, I remember seeing a thread in which someone asked why there couldn't be something like an auto l-cancel to make the game more accessable. People were against that favor due to the fact that l-canceling is a tech that shows skill within a player compared to the other (or something along those lines).

So to see something like this? I of course find it very cool! Though I'm surprised no one brought up their personal controversy with this addition.

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
So it looks like Captain Falcon's dair has a hitbox that creates a fire effect. I'm not sure which one it is though.
Edit: I just checked the change log and it said his nipple spike gives the fire effect. Flaming nipples lol.

Last edited:

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
I'm talking about the actual looping of the song, not the brstm audio glitch.
Clipping, noticeable loops in flawlessly loop-able songs, etc, etc.
Average users aren't going to notice mid-match, but it's still OCD inducing.
glad to know I'm not the only one with a quirk regarding audio, it's the primary reason i chose to make my own. downloading them online tends to be hit or miss these days, although my problem could also be my inability to play the previews.:ohwell:

Last edited:

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
You know, I remember seeing a thread in which someone asked why there couldn't be something like an auto l-cancel to make the game more accessable. People were against that favor due to the fact that l-canceling is a tech that shows skill within a player compared to the other (or something along those lines).

So to see something like this? I of course find it very cool! Though I'm surprised no one brought up their personal controversy with this addition.
I made that thread. You can imagine how shocked I am at this news. Played around with the game and I find it considerably more fun with automatic L cancelling. I might even pick this game up again because they added that feature. I'm having a fun time playing around with Diddy Kong right now in Project M 3.6, especially since he just got nerfed to hell in Smash 4. -_-

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
glad to know I'm not the only one with a quick regarding audio, it's the primary reason i chose to make my own. downloading them online tends to be hit or miss these days, although my problem could also be my inability to play the previews.:ohwell:
I made a hotfix that I planned on sharing here.
Broken loops in auto-looping songs is a large pet peeve of mine (worse is when they let a looping song fade out and repeat). The Dev team needs a dedicated music guy; they're doing something wrong here.

Last edited:

Fancy

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyChicken
I was just thinking about an auto l-cancel mode in PM, crazy that it actually happened.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There couldnt have been a better time to get into Project M ( as in really play the game ). I use it on my Wii U, and even though i'm not used to Wiimote and Nunchuk it's still really fun! Especially loving how they changed Lucario. ( I know that kinda stuff was available from the start but just sayin' ). And Kudos for the new announcer guy, i like him.

Last edited by a moderator:

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
Auto L-cancelling? Sounds good to me, L-cancelling is stupid from a game design standpoint anyway. Why have it in the first place? All it does is make the game harder, nothing of value is otherwise added as a result of it. Wave-dashing, though I question if it should be a feature, at least gives characters more mobility options, and thus, has a reason to exist.

So good to see people criticizing sakurai's work from their little , unimportant position, with such irrelevant arguments

By the way:

DK.PNG

Thank you PMDevTeam, I can deal with Ike's changes.

Last edited:

ChattSmash_N00B

Smash Rookie
I was disapointed that they took out Draculas Castle(my favorite stage), but I like Delfino Secret so I'm not too bummed

Fancy

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyChicken
One of my favourite things about this update is the melee battlefield. They completely reworked the background and it looks spectacular!

Liggli

Smash Apprentice
Meanwhile here in Europe we are still waiting the 3.5 version thay have PROMISED us...
If you can/want, you can run the NTSC-iso of Brawl and use the latest Project M. And if you're using an iso, you can even install Project M directly into the iso.

hype machine

Smash Journeyman
Ok I'm not a fox main, in fact both my mains are underused characters, but the landing lag nerfs are just too much man, all it's going to do is turn half of the melee players away from pm since most of them main fox. Fox isn't that unbeatable in pm anyways, there are ways to deal with him, it was a lot harder to deal with him in melee. And the auto cancel idea is neat but I hope it doesn't create any divides in the community

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ok I'm not a fox main, in fact both my mains are underused characters, but the landing lag nerfs are just too much man, all it's going to do is turn half of the melee players away from pm since most of them main fox. Fox isn't that unbeatable in pm anyways, there are ways to deal with him, it was a lot harder to deal with him in melee. And the auto cancel idea is neat but I hope it doesn't create any divides in the community
He was debatably the best character in PM.

Almost every single list I've seen posted in the PM boards had him as the best character.

He'll still be good but if Melee Fox players were only bandwagoning because he was the same and still top tier, I'm not sure I would call that a good thing when some were winning without touching the game.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
That looks amazing. I still play this game for fun every now and then... but this makes me want to go back. I just can't justify playing two smash games competitively atm though. but I do love this game and I will support it any way I can.

SuperWildYoshi

Smash Apprentice

First of all, great work to the Project M Dev team. Amazing update with all the new features.
As for the auto L cancel part, I'm not really 100% with that. I thought this game was about trying to mimick the style and flow of Melee. When I first found out about Melee advanced techs, I find the idea of L-canceling very weird and ambiguious. Though I understood that it cancels the lag in half, I just thought "great! Pushing more buttons for petes sake". Now after all these years of practicing Melee and watching the community pros, I come to realize that it's very important. It really shows skill and concentration. I like to think of it as driving Manual in a car. Some prefer it because you have more control, and its said that you get a bit more gas milage out of it. Heres the thing though, manual drivers are more skilled then automatic drivers.
And this is why Im surprised that auto L cancel is in the game. It would be cool if they included it for local multiplayer and single player, but for online? Imagine if Melee was all autocanceled (not 20XX). Im sure the game would be a lot different.

hype machine

Smash Journeyman
He was debatably the best character in PM.

Almost every single list I've seen posted in the PM boards had him as the best character.

He'll still be good but if Melee Fox players were only bandwagoning because he was the same and still top tier, I'm not sure I would call that a good thing when some were winning without touching the game.
Ehh. When I heard someone comment fox landing nerfs I thought it meant more landing lag on his aerials not his side special and up special. I acctually agree with these nerfs. I still think fox is overrated, still top 5 but not that much better than most of the cast.

Last edited:
NNID
MasterIcarus7

Nobody cares it was added because it won't be tourney legal.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Not going to lie, the only hype thing in this update for me is MK Rob. This game is going to slowly lose the fanbase to smash 4 if they don't do somethin. I know they work hard, but every update seems to draw less and less in, because smash 4 has either more stage, characters, etc, or really any other smash game actually at this point,

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Not going to lie, the only hype thing in this update for me is MK Rob. This game is going to slowly lose the fanbase to smash 4 if they don't do somethin. I know they work hard, but every update seems to draw less and less in, because smash 4 has either more stage, characters, etc, or really any other smash game actually at this point,
Gotta agree with you there, the new version had me even less interested in Project M now even though I actually like the alt stages. The new announcer however is, no offense, cringworthy.

Sorry guys but Smash 4 will now always be the better game compared to PM since I actually feel a lot more comfy with the less stiff controls. Seems a lot of you are still in denial.

Last edited:

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys but Smash 4 will now always be the better game compared to PM since I actually feel a lot more comfy with the less stiff controls. Seems a lot of you are still in denial.
And that is a perfectly valid opinion to have.

Your wording, however is not.

TehGuitarLord

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slice_O_Pie
3DS FC
1203-9544-5962
Anybody else have the problem where you download it and you end up with the really old version instead, which freezes every time when you pick a character?

It's annoying, cuz after a lot of fussing around, I got 3.5 to work, but I dunno what I did wrong. I'm using No Homebrew No Wifi version

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Gotta agree with you there, the new version had me even less interested in Project M now even though I actually like the alt stages. The new announcer however is, no offense, cringworthy.

I do have to agree, I love PM, it was great but as more of the new smash was shown off, the less that people focused on PM. It's a shame that they put all this effort in but have now lost it all slowly. I hope they can recover but I don't see it happening atm.

Luig

Confused
Nope, I had him delete all of them right before booting it up
Sorry if this seems unessessary. make sure its a 2gb sd card with no custom stages on it, make sure all the files are there and there are no custom stages on teh sd card, If it doesn't make the beeeeee sound when in supposedly freezes try waiting and pressing a. Sorry if this doesn't help, I'm just trying to help.

TheFlyingCule

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFlyingCule
3DS FC
3668-8782-5131
Does he have custom stages?
Nope, I had him delete all of them right before booting it up
Sorry if this seems unessessary. make sure its a 2gb sd card with no custom stages on it, make sure all the files are there and there are no custom stages on teh sd card, If it doesn't make the beeeeee sound when in supposedly freezes try waiting and pressing a. Sorry if this doesn't help, I'm just trying to help.
Oh I appreciate your attempt to help bud, thanks a lot. I'm gonna try that later today (That or I'll just play it when I go home this evening).

EmilioBelial

Smash Rookie
I made a hotfix that I planned on sharing here.
Broken loops in auto-looping songs is a large pet peeve of mine (worse is when they let a looping song fade out and repeat). The Dev team needs a dedicated music guy; they're doing something wrong here.
How did you fix it? Do I just drop it into my project m folder and extract?

Last edited:
Top Bottom