• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6 Beta is Out Now!

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
How did you fix it? Do I just drop it into my project m folder and extract?
I re-looped the songs. Just extract the files the "strm" folder and replace the existing files.

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
Hooktype should be vbi/ axnextframe, turn on ocarina and make sure gameconfig is on the root of your sd card. Also double check that it is an ntsc copy of the game.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Anyone having issues booting up 3.6? I'm at my friend's place and he doesn't have homebrew so I'm using the stage Builder method to boot it up and it keeps freezing trying to load up the menu?
It won't work for me either. It begins to start up and then everything freezes before it gets to the launcher. I never had any problems with previous versions.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I'm really glad there are people who still love playing PM, but as for myself, I am too obsessed with Sm4sh to really care too much.

This I'll say, however:
I REALLY wish Sakurai would just hire the PM team to create some DLC stages and Alternate skins for Smash Wii U. It's about time their hard work was paid for. Truly, whoever they are, they are an extraordinarily talented team.

Luig

Confused
Nope, I had him delete all of them right before booting it up

Oh I appreciate your attempt to help bud, thanks a lot. I'm gonna try that later today (That or I'll just play it when I go home this evening).
Now I know what you mean by freeze. Just got to try the homebrew method out and when it turns on the brawl disc, after 3 seconds it freeezes!

Quillion

Smash Hero
Well **** you PMDev.

You just ruined your game.

Auto-L-Cancelling, really?

Last edited:

SazoonTheBoon

Smash Apprentice
Auto L-cancelling? Sounds good to me, L-cancelling is stupid from a game design standpoint anyway. Why have it in the first place? All it does is make the game harder, nothing of value is otherwise added as a result of it. Wave-dashing, though I question if it should be a feature, at least gives characters more mobility options, and thus, has a reason to exist.
holy **** shut the **** up

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
a lot of you are still in denial.
respect my opinions.
*ahem*

Anyways, apparently m2k is pretty mad about the Fox nerfs. He says that it will repel Melee Fox mains because it significantly changes the character to the point that practice does not transfer between versions. I don't know whether or not I agree. I really doubt that Fox was ruined though. I mean his onstage gameplay is exactly the same. He can't take a stock with shine at 0% anymore, but I always thought that was jank. It kinda makes sense that you should have to rack up percentage before killing, even if you're using a shine. If Fox has such a bad time recovering to the point that he can be punished for almost every onstage recover, then I could see where m2k is coming from.

Last edited:

12.5voltSenpai

Smash Rookie
NNID
MasterHector
3DS FC
3308-4758-8536
So did I step into a time machine by accident or is Project M 3.6 finally a thing now? On a more serious note I'm so happy to see the results of all the hard work that was put into this update. Now if only Nintendo could reach an agreement with the PM Dev team so it can be in more tournaments my life would finally be complete.
Can I use your time machine to skip to when PM PAL is released?

42rockjock

Smash Cadet
Gotta agree with you there, the new version had me even less interested in Project M now even though I actually like the alt stages. The new announcer however is, no offense, cringworthy.

Sorry guys but Smash 4 will now always be the better game compared to PM since I actually feel a lot more comfy with the less stiff controls. Seems a lot of you are still in denial.
Better causal game? Sure. Better competitive game? Not even close. PM destroys it in that category but whatever enjoy your smash 4.

NNID
Blademastergold
3DS FC
5429-8063-2136
So when will we get this for smash four? It's getting really old not having stuff to improve the game.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I feel it might be too late to hope for Auot L to be allowed in tournaments at this point in the PM lifecycle, but I would still like to see feedback from pro tests all the same.

also Wario man wee!

So when will we get this for smash four? It's getting really old not having stuff to improve the game.
Oh cool, I get to beat the horse again!

PMDT says they aren't bothering SmashU/3D. sides, this isn't a PC game series where we Frankenstein every installment to mold into our image-let SmashU grow on it's own grounds, especially since there is still like 1-2 more patches to go with 2 more stages and possibly 1 more character coming.

Last edited:

ZeruSlayer

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1993-8718-4724
The last beta PM had was 2.6 if I remember correctly. How long did that beta last? Also, can't wait to test out all the changes. Thanks again for all the hard work PMDT :grin:

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
Auto L-cancelling? Sounds good to me, L-cancelling is stupid from a game design standpoint anyway. Why have it in the first place? All it does is make the game harder, nothing of value is otherwise added as a result of it. Wave-dashing, though I question if it should be a feature, at least gives characters more mobility options, and thus, has a reason to exist.
The bait is set. Lets see what you catch.

Manaconda

Smash Apprentice
L-cancelling exists so you can mess it up. It's in because it's hard to do in different scenarios (from different heights, against nothing, against a shield, against shields of different sizes, against multiple shields (ICs), etc.). It's a skill that, if you're not good at, your opponent is going to capitalize on.

Not even top players get EVERY L-cancel.

Example: https://youtu.be/FNQee9tc13I?t=2m21s

HBox didn't capitalize on Armada's missed L-cancel, but you obviously see how dangerous of a spot Armada was in, right?

Famous

Smash Champion
I have mixed feelings about the recent changes. Also, I'm assuming Lyn and knuckles are never coming out.

Manaconda

Smash Apprentice
I have mixed feelings about the recent changes. Also, I'm assuming Lyn and knuckles are never coming out.
PM 3.6 isn't a 'major' change patch. If any new characters are to be added, that would happen in 4.0 or 5.0 or something.

Symptomized

Smash Rookie
makes the game "harder" but more rewarding in play if you practice the tech skill long enough to not ever fail it. speeds up your gameplay for the price of possibly not getting hit and following up combos in the process......

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
makes the game "harder" but more rewarding in play if you practice the tech skill long enough to not ever fail it. speeds up your gameplay for the price of possibly not getting hit and following up combos in the process......
L-canceling only purpose is to have tech skill with no purpose to the game itself.

I get the shield properties, if you mess up etc. I know this does not justify it.

and I play Peach who uses float cancellling, she still needs this tech.

Still, this tech is pointless, all it s does at the worst i alienate players.

That is horrible to me personally. Give real legitimate depth to them, not false depth.

If a smash 4 player haters this, or any other player I will fully back then on this.

L-cancelling needs to go away forever, I legitimately mean this. I want o value tech skill that matters to decision. Not tech skill that offer nothing to them if they quit.

Last edited:

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
L-cancelling exists so you can mess it up... blah blah blah
I disagree. L-canceling is pointless and dumb and auto L -cancel should be default, especially in tournaments. In fact there should also be auto hitbox connecting. When do you ever not want to hit someone with your move? I'll answer that, never! Whiffing moves is just an unnecessary skill barrier put into the game to make it harder. Everyone who disagrees with me is in denial. Respect my opinion! Especially the part of my opinion in which I tell you that your opinion is stupid!

I went overboard on this one; but it was funny to me so yolo.

I think I could use the auto cancel to test if new combos are actually viable without having to input everything perfectly a few hundred times to check different aspects of said combo. It definitely has its place and is a good tool for practicing. I'm just a bit wary of folks who believe it should be a standard for P:M gameplay >_>

Last edited:

ThatDooot

Smash Rookie

In a complete surprise move, the Project M Dev Team released a trailer just moments ago. In that trailer, several new features were shown, including visual enhancements, new stages, and even an auto L-cancel mode! But most important of all, at the very end of the trailer, it was announced that Project M 3.6 Beta is out now! It is referred to as a beta because the PMDT anticipates some issues that will need fixing, but it is a full version in its own right, ready to play right now!

What are you waiting for? Watch the trailer and go download the newest version!

For the full changelog, click here.
3.6 Super dope had a lot of fun in the All Star mode only thing is the character selection process for that is kinda weird maybe clean it up and a couple of levels during game play the audio would freak out but other than that everything was pretty dope.

BushidoBoyd

Smash Rookie
Gotta agree with you there, the new version had me even less interested in Project M now even though I actually like the alt stages. The new announcer however is, no offense, cringworthy.

Sorry guys but Smash 4 will now always be the better game compared to PM since I actually feel a lot more comfy with the less stiff controls. Seems a lot of you are still in denial.
Soooo... your opinion is that because YOU feel better and more comfortable with smash 4 controls, that Smash 4 will (objectively) ALWAYS be a better game compared to PM...? For some strange reason, i just don't see the logic in that and there's no way that i can respect such a narcissistic opinion. And yeah, now we're all in denial because YOU feel a certain way about PM. Thanks for telling me why i still am interested in PM. I was wondering why i was excited about new content and development in a game that i'm passionate about. Now i realize it's all just silly mind tricks i'm playing on myself.
*golf clap*

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
Random fact: meta knight's 3.6 sword trails are just like in Smash 4.
BlackYoshi fact: now PM is really Melee-ish, now i'm starting to hate it, BTW Bowser and DDD got nerfed :sadeyes:

Leoinu

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Leoinus
Or you could just get good and learn an muscle memory tech.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
Here's the complete version of my facts, there is some cool easter eggs, please read!:
- Now PM's physics is really Melee-ish, nice work.
- Bowser and DDD got nerfed. Sorry, false alarm.
- The new announcer is quite annoying.
- Melee's Home Run Contest is really hard.
- Sonic got new shoes? Nice
- Now WarioMan can receive damage.
- ROB's side b is different...
- Luigi's new taunt is glorious.
- Lucario's blue fire-ish aura is back, HOORAY!
- Lucario's new running animation is great
- Lucario's up taunt, charges aura, and damages himself at the same time.
- Mewtwo looks somewhat better.
- Still dissapointed about Charizard's PM moveset.
- Dr. Mario doen't have a new final smash. 2badPMBR.
- Snake got some fixes, but i still prefer his Brawl moveset.
- x2 speed avariable for Training, preety useless.
- Zero Suit Samus got some redesign, nice touch.
- Falco's jump got less gravity, nice, but he still prefer the air(no arwing FS :p)
- Fox got some nerfs.
- Now the Landmaster is less buggy.
- Ivysaur got a new dash attack, i don't like it.
- Squirtle got some buff, but his final smash seems to be weaker.
- Regen mode is quite hard, unless you're good with combos.
- Tournament mode still crashes.
- Olimar's new recovery is quite good, but really non canon.
- Wait, Zelda got new smashes? Good!
- No signals of Pichu :(
- Peach's Castle isn't very good compared to the other new stages.
- Saffron City has a day cicle, really beautiful.
- Bowser's Castle is amazing
- Spear Pillar is back, LOL!!!
- Lucas got some nerf.
- Wait, Toon Link has a lightpress taunt? cool
- Triforce Slash seems to be faster.
- Kirby seems to have a new mouth texture.
- ROB's new skins are really cool.
- There is MOAR stages!!
- WarioWare stage minigames are back!
- Dracula's Castle is nowhere in this version.
- Online leave match bug is fixed.
- I don't care about Melee SFX(btw i'll replace it with the Smash 4 SFX)
EDIT, MOAR EASTER EGGS :
- There is some easter eegs in peach's castle, such as 7 hidden red coins(i can't find the last one, lol), a star ring from SMG and a bullet bill in the background.
- In delfino's secret there is a hidden magic brush.
- There is a snorlax sleeping in saffron city's background
- There is a secret message in bowser's castle along with a toad sprite:
THANK YOU MARIO!
BUT OUR PRINCESS IS IN ANOTHER CASTLE!

I don't have more to say :3

Last edited:

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
Nice flame bait you got there. Are you just sick of PM because it's not as easy as Smash 4?

Last edited:
Top Bottom