• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.5 Pal

The Monkey King

Smash Rookie
I am actually somewhat annoyed by this. Why would you say in the trailer that a PAL version of PM3.5 would be released "Soon". it's been 6 weeks with no concrete updates of a PAL release and all you guys did was get everyone's hopes and hype up for nothing.
It would have been better to have said nothing until a PAL release was 99% ready not "Ummm...I think we can do it...in theory"
Between the time I made this post and now I have already hacked my wii, downloaded a SSBB ISO, installed the Homebrew Channel and a USB loader and have been playing Project M 3.5 on my PAL wii.
Honestly if you wanna play PM this is the best way to go.
But make sure you have a copy of Brawl already as piracy is bad m'kay

Last edited:

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
Between the time I made this post and now I have already hacked my wii, downloaded a SSBB ISO, installed the Homebrew Channel and a USB loader and have been playing Project M 3.5 on my PAL wii.
Honestly if you wanna play PM this is the best way to go.
But make sure you have a copy of Brawl already as piracy is bad m'kay
please i really need help. Are you playing in full speed without Black/White color?

It build a projectM fullset iso and it works with usbloaderGX without anything about projectM in the SD card and with no ocarina/hooktype activated;
but in pal60 video mode the image is flickering in full color,
in pal50 the game is slow(video and sound) in full color-no flickering
and in NTSC video mode the image is in black/white color-no flickering.

Please tell me what should i do . thanx

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
sounds like your tv doesnt support PAL60?
my tv does (all my backup are played in PAL60) and i solve the problem.

the problem i about the television NTSC support. but it could alwaysbe affect by the projectM launch method. for myself i am ONLY going throught a iso/wbfs build (NO projectm directory/file in DS card and NO ocarina/hooktype activated)

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I am extremely sorry we were unable to release PAL before the end of the year. Due to the academic and holiday season we were unable to make much progress until near the end of the year. Even now we are still tackling quite a few issues with freezing and file related issues.

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
I can tell that building an ISO file of projectm and play it with a hacked/softmooded wii works perfectly, no bugs for me since the begining of this week. i made a description of what i did , the link is in my signature.

many reports attest even for dolphins user, the iso build method avoid may bugs and always allow netplay!

Kune

Smash Rookie
I am extremely sorry we were unable to release PAL before the end of the year. Due to the academic and holiday season we were unable to make much progress until near the end of the year. Even now we are still tackling quite a few issues with freezing and file related issues.
that's all I needed to know :) take your time.

GravityZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
TricksterZorua
3DS FC
4382-2023-3008
Thanks for letting us know. It's disappointing news, but it isn't the team's fault! I'll hope you'll find the solutions very quick!

BTW, what would actually happen if you just use the US or JPN data for it on a PAL version?

Last edited:

Cpt.Love

Smash Cadet
can we hope for a release date for a pretty clean Pal version before the end of winter? :)
dat'd be naice, veryveryvery naiiiiice

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
Don't pressure for non existent release dates and you won't be disappointed. I'm sure it'll arrive asap.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry. Take your time, I love your dedication.

Stressedllamas

Smash Cadet
NNID
StressedLlamas
3DS FC
0791-2652-8027
Alrighty then, thats fine mate all we needed to know! we eagerly await the drop. Have fun coding PAL its a pain in the arse

Yoshi 2410

Smash Cadet
I have a question:Will there be Spanish, French... Project M or there will be only English PAL Project M?

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
I still don't get the big deal, it's a fight game so tha laguage isn't a real issue and ithere is a tutorial in the ProjectM support forum that works flawlessly for any pal wii.

i think the guy who did it present a very good altenative.

Narpas_sword

It is now 2015, and project m mods on this thread were saying at the end of 2014
And yet, you still have a christmas hat avatar.
Sort your **** out.

They said they'd try. It's not a release date.
They even apologised for not being able to get it done.
What more do you want?

shininimuss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
shininimus
just hack the wii and save time. you don't even need wii-mote when you've hacked it. just press and hold restart to use gc controller to select usb loader.

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
just hack the wii and save time. you don't even need wii-mote when you've hacked it. just press and hold restart to use gc controller to select usb loader.
absolutly ! i dont get why this is a problem since there is a SSBB Mod iso builder and iso file could be launch from any hacked wii...

Yoshi 2410

Smash Cadet
Geez! We know! But there's PAL people that want the Hackless version (like me).

Stop saying that

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
Geez! We know! But there's PAL people that want the Hackless version (like me).

Stop saying that
my fault, i apologize.

.....................................................................................................................(geeez! a hackless pal wii in 2015)

Last edited:

Yoshi 2410

Smash Cadet
my fault, i apologize.

.....................................................................................................................(geeez! a hackless pal wii in 2015)
Well, i think that a Hackless PAL Wii U in 2015 is more common.

Last edited:

Tomsta17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tomsta1712
3DS FC
4441-9914-0347
i dont want to go through the trouble to hack my wii, and im not smart enough to do so

Narpas_sword

tbh the 'trouble' is less than using hackless. and it's easy enough to learn.
if you get someone to help you and make sure youre doing everything right, it can be done in a single afternoon.

Bowsy

Smash Rookie
can we hope for a release date for a pretty clean Pal version before the end of winter? :)
dat'd be naice, veryveryvery naiiiiice
That'd be nice, but then I'd probably get my hopes up for nothing again.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
Men, these guys are doing this for free. Don't disturb them. Play some other video games while they make Project M PAL.

Narpas_sword

You have 2 options:
Wait. Patiently. Without harassing the team dedicated to providing you a free game.

Or

Hack your wii to load via usb and play that way.

If you 'can't be bothered' hacking your wii, you should probably consider how hard it is for pmdt to recode their game for PAL, and wonder why you think you're so privileged to sit there expecting them to finish when you can provide yourself with a solution far easier and quicker.

Top Bottom