• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.5 Pal

20PK

Smash Apprentice
I would recommend Configurable USB Loader, just like 20PK. It features an easy to use interface, and shows only every game you have on your USB drive.
Yep. Moreover, GX only stopped working after I tried to set it in NTSF drive reading mode (which config does easily). Now on boot it code dumps and says 'ios-222' or something. Which is weird because it was working fine before, which means I already had the IOS installed probably.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Holy **** this thread is hilarious. I wish the PAL version would never come out so little I-don't-wanna-hack-my-wii kiddies are eternally butthurt. :')
ffs. it IS possible, you just choose not to do what is necessary.
I'm likely not even gonna use the PAL version because I've been playing PM via USB since 2.0 but seriously, I'm trying to salvage what is left of the already fragile dutch PM community (smash 4 didn't help), having it be more accessible would be pretty sweet. It's not quite as unnecessary as I and the both of you would like.

Last edited:

Yoshi 2410

Smash Cadet
Finally,i got PM! Mewtwo is awesome,dude

(My problem with hacking the Wii was very stupid,i only got confused with the ports and i put my USB in the wrong port)

Narpas_sword

Finally,i got PM! Mewtwo is awesome,dude

(My problem with hacking the Wii was very stupid,i only got confused with the ports and i put my USB in the wrong port)
See, all you needed was a little patience and to ask for help. =)
Enjoy Playing PM instead of waiting for PAL.

:/ i get help from a friend maybe he understands this shiz
i tried it 5 times and its not working
Narpas its not that easy my drive is formated in wbfs i have the ntsc iso of brawl pm and usb loader gx and it aint workin
You tried What 5 times? what does 'it' refer to? the whole hacking process? a specific step?
what "aint workin"?

Ask on these boards.
Explain in detail these:

Which guide you are following.
Which step you are having trouble with.
Explain exactly what you did.

Be patient. Use your words. Explain thoroughly.

Last edited:

ProjectilePuff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MilouPadley
3DS FC
1075-0715-3179
Screw pirating, legitimacy is more fun. Hurry up Reggie, you're disappointing us.

ProjectilePuff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MilouPadley
3DS FC
1075-0715-3179
Why should i pay for something that really should be free? I get it, it's probably a great mod, but when i've been promised an alternative that doesn't require any dosh to be thrown, i expect the promise to be successful. Anyways, PAL should be treated the same way as NTSC and give us a non-hacking means of getting PM. Whilst this is an option, it's basically the very VERY last resort of mine, i'll think about it if the PM dev team dis-continue work on PM PAL. Also, a hacked way of getting PM does require a few more downloads and i'm not somebody for downloading out of nowhere files. The reasoning why i complain is the fact that PM Dev team make hardly any word on this which gets me abit frustrated considering they told us that a PAL release would be right after the NTSC release... 5 months later... nothing. mmmkk...

Narpas_sword

Why should i pay for something that really should be free? I get it, it's probably a great mod, but when i've been promised an alternative that doesn't require any dosh to be thrown, i expect the promise to be successful. Anyways, PAL should be treated the same way as NTSC and give us a non-hacking means of getting PM. Whilst this is an option, it's basically the very VERY last resort of mine, i'll think about it if the PM dev team dis-continue work on PM PAL. Also, a hacked way of getting PM does require a few more downloads and i'm not somebody for downloading out of nowhere files. The reasoning why i complain is the fact that PM Dev team make hardly any word on this which gets me abit frustrated considering they told us that a PAL release would be right after the NTSC release... 5 months later... nothing. mmmkk...
Uh.

Right.
let me have a go at replying to this.

Why should i pay for something that really should be free?

Brawl shouldn't be free. So i guess you mean PM. In which case you need Brawl to run it. If you mean you shouldn't have to pay AGAIN for another copy of brawl, well fair enough, just go and obtain an ISO of the NTSC version. I guess it's your own grey area you have to contend with, but most people feel that if they own the game in one region, getting a different regions copy doesn't _strictly_ feel like piracy.
This is your choice though, and complaining that you have your own rules you want to stick to when you have a solution is silly. just wait for your other option. Patiently and quietly.

but when i've been promised an alternative that doesn't require any dosh to be thrown, i expect the promise to be successful.

It's a free mod, made by unpaid people who are doing it because they love it and want to make the mod. Dont 'Expect' anything. You have absolutely no consumer rights here. nothing has been promised outside of 'PAL release is in the works'

PAL should be treated the same way as NTSC and give us a non-hacking means of getting PM.

It is being treated the same. PMDT are working on getting PM available for PAL.
Its not a simple copy-paste, there is a lot of work involved.

Also, a hacked way of getting PM does require a few more downloads and i'm not somebody for downloading out of nowhere files.

Unsure what you mean here.
You do know you'll have to Download the PM files too...right?

The reasoning why i complain is the fact that PM Dev team make hardly any word on this which gets me abit frustrated considering they told us that a PAL release would be right after the NTSC release... 5 months later... nothing. mmmkk..

They apologized that it wasn't available when they had hoped. And said that they will update us as soon as they have something worth telling us. If they give another date, people will just have another whingefest when that date passes.
It was also mentioned that the PAL version was delayed in part to the 3.5 buxfix patch.

In summary.
wait patiently or use NTSC and homebrew.
or if you are an expert on Porting Mods to PAL, then by all means, PM the PMDT and see if you can get onto the Dev Team to help.

Narpas_sword

I'm more than ok for them to wait.
if you read my above post, that's what i said =/
What i'm opposed to is the sense of Entitlement some people possess, and the asking for an update / release date.

Congratulations on getting PM working for yourself though, hope you enjoy it =)

Guilu

Smash Apprentice
Except that this time you have an easy way to get the game.
Clearly you haven't had the experience of walking into a PM tournament with no NTSC-compatible TVs. The potential being wasted because of all these little hurdles is just saddening.

Good to hear some news on this front at least.

Last edited:

ProjectilePuff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MilouPadley
3DS FC
1075-0715-3179

ProjectilePuff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MilouPadley
3DS FC
1075-0715-3179

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
I read the topic and come up with a question what it the difference between the NTSC version and the Pal version of the game ? The gap between them is that huge ? I am a nood in computer please *don't hurt me*

Narpas_sword

Last edited:

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
It's in the Official blog post that ST posted up the page.
Thx for this link It was interesting to read so the main issu is that the PM Team have a lack of coders to do the work for the porting of the Pal and NTSC-J version I never thought that language coding was that hard I learned a lot.

ProjectilePuff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MilouPadley
3DS FC
1075-0715-3179
Any close completion yet?
I get how stressful this is, but considering 3.6 is announced already and it's been a month since the last word of Project M PAL, i think at least a number found from 1 to 100 could give us an idea how far we are into getting a legitimate PAL Project M.
If we can't get any, i'll still understand.

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

as long as you can read and move files on a computer it's actually fairly simple.
fair enough if you dont want to, though you're missing out on an amazing game.
any reason in particular why you dont?

bricking is highly unlikely.
most wii's are out of warranty anyway.
and you can buy a 2nd hand one for pretty cheap most countries.

ive got 3 in my house all hacked that way. takes about 1 hour if you have the tools.

Last edited:

wombo_combo5

Smash Rookie
as long as you can read and move files on a computer it's actually fairly simple.
fair enough if you dont want to, though you're missing out on an amazing game.
any reason in particular why you dont?

bricking is highly unlikely.
most wii's are out of warranty anyway.
and you can buy a 2nd hand one for pretty cheap most countries.

ive got 3 in my house all hacked that way. takes about 1 hour if you have the tools.
i have a wii u i would like to homebrew it but i can't play project m without gamecube controller or i have my old wii find the things and play project m

ProjectilePuff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MilouPadley
3DS FC
1075-0715-3179
So after months and months of waiting for a PAL version to release, i've finally decided to homebrew my wii and go through the processes of getting PM to work on my newly hacked wii. However, i have not started to hack my wii yet or get the download requirements ready, i'm just awaiting to obtain a 2gb SD card that ISN'T SDHC (i swear, every nearby store has only SDHC cards) and a 8gb usb stick... i hope it will be worth it. Also, i think the title of this thread should be changed to just "Project M PAL" instead of having the 3.5

Coathanger87

Smash Rookie
Guys, stop waiting on the PAL version. Just buy a NTSC wii and a NTSC copy of brawl and it will only set you back about £50 if you know what you are doing.

Top Bottom