• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.5 Pal

Narpas_sword

People are complaining that they want to play P:M so badly, yet when we present a solution : "It's too complicated".
Yea,

This thread is pretty much the internet equivalent of kids in the back seat going 'are we there yet'?

The Devs have said they'll get it out as soon as possible, they've outlined the problems and given a good reason about the delay.

The only thing to do is wait, there's no reason to keep asking "WHENZ PAL".

As soon as they have news worth posting, they'll tell us.
Have some faith in the PMDT, they've got us this far.

Last edited:

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
I think it's fair to ask since they have been told "soon" a couple months back. It's not an entitlement thing, but wanting to know more isn't exactly terrible.

I agree though - their position has been made clear so patience would be a more welcoming sight.

Tabernacle

Smash Rookie
My hacked pal wii:
Turn on, boots to homebrew, click brawl, loads PM. Total time 30-45 sec.

Pal wii with hackless :
Turn on wii, find wii remote, load brawl, wait for disc drive to stop chewing the disc, navigate to stage builder, wait for pm codes to run, start pm.
Total time, forever and a day.
The cherry picking.

Tomsta17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tomsta1712
3DS FC
4441-9914-0347
also narpas, you missed a few steps when describing the hacked method. You still have to find the wii mote, fidn the disk and put it in. also the first time you do it, it takes a while

Narpas_sword

i don't need wii mote or disc

It took me 2 hours to hack the wii and get it set up with PM.
30 seconds it takes to boot hacked vs the 2 min to boot hackless.

That 2 hours has been earned back easily.

Gygados

Smash Apprentice
Don't turn around, 'cos then I'll be behind you.
I think people would rather ask for a release and be told that no one knows than hack their console. Asking for the release can be but is not always in direct correlation to impatience.

Thank you for helping Narpas, but I think a lot of people won't try hacking if they don't really know what they're doing.

Tomsta17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tomsta1712
3DS FC
4441-9914-0347
also narpas, you missed a few steps when describing the hacked method. You still have to find the wii mote, find the disk and put it in. also the first time you do it, i would asume it takes a while
Narpas gtfo this is Thread is about PM Pal not "How I hack my Wii" we just simply dont to hack our Wii

Foo

Smash Lord
also narpas, you missed a few steps when describing the hacked method. You still have to find the wii mote, find the disk and put it in. also the first time you do it, i would asume it takes a while
He probably just leaves brawl in all the time like me. He also probably uses boot mii or whatever it is to avoid using a wii remote. (I should really get that bTW, but I'm lazy...

Narpas_sword

Priloader boots straight to USBloader GX, which lets me use gcn pad in the menu.
I don't use a disc.

as i said, it took me about 2 hours to hack the wii. and i also had no idea what i was doing before hand.
A little bit of reading and willingness to solve my own problem, and here i am, still enjoying PM over a year later.

The cherry picking.
well yea, it was intentionally obtuse...

even if you had the wiimote at hand, and your disc drive isnt old and broken like most wii's are, it still takes about 2-3 min to get to the PM game screen from console off.

Last edited:

Blubird

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone,
could anyone from the PMDT give us an update about the progress? I have absolutely no problem with waiting - take your time -, however I'm a little afraid it won't be coming at all, as the first intentions was "before the end of the year" iirc.
Again, I don't care how long it will take, but I'd appreachiate to hear that it is still work in progress.

Smash Journeyman
It's possible the PAL version is taking longer because they are still fixing bugs in 3.5 so both can be released in tandem.

Last edited:

Xedewy00

Smash Rookie
I think you're correct, that stated somewhere that it will be released as 3.51. Which is the patch as it would more sense to code PAL for the upcoming patch rather than code two version within releasing in such short time of each other. Either way I can't wait for PAL PM!

ProjectilePuff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MilouPadley
3DS FC
1075-0715-3179
I know that there must be alot of technical difficulties trying to produce the PAL version... but it's just so frustrating waiting. It's hard for europeans to get into PM tournaments due to this. "Oh, just hack your wii" I don't wanna, i like my wii where it is, i require a hackless version. I must control myself but this is getting difficult, there isn't even any tweets about the PAL version and hardly any posts regarding it's progress. No percentage, at all, it's impossible to keep myself still.

Tomsta17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tomsta1712
3DS FC
4441-9914-0347
I know that there must be alot of technical difficulties trying to produce the PAL version... but it's just so frustrating waiting. It's hard for europeans to get into PM tournaments due to this. "Oh, just hack your wii" I don't wanna, i like my wii where it is, i require a hackless version. I must control myself but this is getting difficult, there isn't even any tweets about the PAL version and hardly any posts regarding it's progress. No percentage, at all, it's impossible to keep myself still.
I am in agreement. i would one day like to enter a tournament for PM but it just aint possible because i dont wanna hack my wii and a PAL version is out of reach.

Narpas_sword

ffs. it IS possible, you just choose not to do what is necessary.

If fear of brickingg is your issue, you can buy an australian wii for <$30 as a failsafe / practice.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nintendo...79?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item25a09db80b

It is SO worth hacking, i don't see the problem.

It like someone saying they're waiting for a public transport system to be put in place because they dont want to walk an hour to get a free car.

Yoshi 2410

Smash Cadet
I'm tired of this. You complain that we aren't patient and we have to stop asking "When's PAL". But you are the same,you have to stop saying "hack ur wii". I said this before but i have to say it again. Stop!

Narpas_sword

I remember waiting for a PAL release back when 3.0 was announced. I didnt actually know it was so easy to hack the wii and get it running an NTSC ISO.

If there was someone to tell me how easy it was, i would have been so greatful.
Just putting it out there for people who think it's hard / scared to do it. Incase they think that PAL release is the only option and they end up missing out on something amazing for longer.

If you dont want anyone to reply to messages saying 'WHENZ PAL' then don't type them.

The question has already been answered: It's coming and PMDT will update when they are able

Kune

Smash Rookie
the thing that bugs me about all this (even tho i've hacked my wii now and all is good) is that the guy said they were gonna release pal by the end of 2014, and now we're almost 2 months into 2015 and not even a word

Narpas_sword

They said they were goingt o try and get it by the end of the year, and then they apoogized because they couldnt get it done by then.

They couldn't make it, and people were disappointed.
and now people want a new date to get disappointed over if it's not 'on time'.

ProjectilePuff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MilouPadley
3DS FC
1075-0715-3179
This is like Reggie and Mother 3 all over again, except this time, Europe... gah...

Platurt

Smash Rookie
Little question, just in case one of the pm-developer sees it: I've heard the american version of pm works on an american wiiu without hacking. Will the pal-version also work on a pal wiiu without having to hack it?

And if so, how compatible is the gcc-adapter for the wiiu with pm?

Narpas_sword

1: It should be fine, the wiiu runs wii mode and is essentially a wii. there are some things to note about running PM on a wiiu, but it should be the same between NTSC and PAL.

2: It's not compatible.

Yoshi 2410

Smash Cadet
God. After months waiting for PAL i decide to hack my Wii. BUT I CAN'T BECAUSE OF MY USB! I've been 5 hours and i have the same problem over and over again:USB not found. I'll wait here for PAL.

My advice:DON'T HACK YOUR WII IF YOU ARE NOT 100% SURE OF WHAT ARE YOU DOING

Tomsta17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tomsta1712
3DS FC
4441-9914-0347
God. After months waiting for PAL i decide to hack my Wii. BUT I CAN'T BECAUSE OF MY USB! I've been 5 hours and i have the same problem over and over again:USB not found. I'll wait here for PAL.

This is why i dont want to hack my wii, with my luck i'll probably stuff it up somewhere

Narpas_sword

My advice: Ask for help instead of ranting about not being able to do it.

Is your USB drive in the right slot? (the one closest to the edge of the wii)
Is your USB formatted correctly?
Which guide are you following?
Which loader are you using?
Did you google your problem?

Last edited:

EinfachNurPottrott

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5386-8662-0239
Narpas its not that easy my drive is formated in wbfs i have the ntsc iso of brawl pm and usb loader gx and it aint workin

20PK

Smash Apprentice
Holy **** this thread is hilarious. I wish the PAL version would never come out so little I-don't-wanna-hack-my-wii kiddies are eternally butthurt. :')

By the by, there's very few ways to actually brick your wii (mostly just by uninstalling an IOS). And there are measures you can do to prevent pricking included in bootmii and priiloader, such as .nand backups.

I had a few problems with setting up mine so it took like a week or two or something with me working on it across a couple of nights for short periods of time. Also, USB Loader GX no longer works for me at all which kinda sucks, but I just use configurable USB loader instead.

Last edited:

Lorenzo The Comic

Smash Journeyman
some place pronounced like a Pokémon Website
NNID
OutboundKid
I would recommend Configurable USB Loader, just like 20PK. It features an easy to use interface, and shows only every game you have on your USB drive.

Wiiflow has this issue in Mario Kart Wii, where all characters make Mario's voice when selecting a vehicle, and certain characters use their bike riding animation on thin air while facing directly at the foreground, probably among others which I haven't encountered yet.

Top Bottom