• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.02 Released! (Changelog in post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Rockmann

Smash Cadet
I've just been running 3.01 using Xenozoa425's old PM channel forwarder, which uses Gecko. Am I going to encounter any gameplay problems (lag, etc.) because I'm not using the new launcher at all?

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I've noticed a couple people complain that the launcher disables classic controller functionality. Well, in the meantime when the launcher comes up just use the wiimote the controller is connected to. The D-Pad and A button still work for it so you can use those to start Project M. When Project M is booted up you should be able to use the classic controller again.

shadow99

Smash Rookie
I got lucky. I had that pink/green tearing screen. But then I got the updated launcher and it fixed it perfectly

Mattchu

Smash Lord
NNID
Mattchu64
3DS FC
4167-4642-2080
I must be doing something wrong with the launcher here... I'm hitting update after reinserting an unmodified version of 3.0 straight from the rar, and it's telling me "the Project M Info.xml was not found"

what exactly am I missing?
same here

Necrojinsei

Smash Cadet
Here's a question with the over 2gb support. To what extent can I now put content on the SD card? Can the brawl files load files that are in total over 2gb? And further than that is it basically an updated version of gecko loader or does it have some new form of file loading system? By this I mean is it just the same as it was before in terms of changing code for the new launcher?

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
If I download the launcher and put it with my PM 2.6 will it still update to 3.1 correctly? Or should I just download the whole thing at this point

Commander Hen

Smash Rookie
Just a quick note for anyone trying to play Wi-Fi with Homebrew - it works just fine if you go ahead and play it through the Gecko app on the Homebrew Channel.

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
Nothing happens when I load the launcher. I'm using homebrew. The project m launcher shows up but when I load It just goes to black screen and nothing happens.
you have to have the brawl disc in before selecting the program

Vi¢e

Smash Rookie
I must be doing something wrong with the launcher here... I'm hitting update after reinserting an unmodified version of 3.0 straight from the rar, and it's telling me "the Project M Info.xml was not found"

what exactly am I missing?
This, does anyone have a solution?

Vashimus

Smash Master
Tells me the same thing when I try to update this and play it via homebrew. Project M info.xml not found.

Where do I put the old 3.0 files is my question.

EDIT: Never mind, got it running.

Last edited:

Shwagzamaxima

Smash Cadet
Has anybody had issues with the stage select?
I am running an ISO of Brawl (disc drive is broken) from a hard drive, and I boot it through ConfigUSBLoader set to use Ocarina, with the homebrew version of the new P:M. Everything works fine, but for some reason, selecting a stage or exiting the stage select screen has about 20 seconds of lag before the stage loading/returning to the character select screen happens. I am guessing it's the whole L/R/A quit thing they implemented, since this didn't happen with the first version of P:M 3.0.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
You've been looking helpful so let me ask, I might be overlooking something. I've been playing PM for a while now but for some reason I can't get 3.01 (I never had 3.0 btw) working.

I download the file (hackless) and I unzip the file. But I'm missing #10 on this list
http://i.imgur.com/2G91ykB.png

I don't have all of those files when I download PM from the website. I only have "projectm" and "boot.elf" where are the other files like the codes and private?

MikeMan214

Smash Apprentice
uuuumm I got project M working and I have to say that I am pretty disappointed with 3.01.
-The AI is even worse then 3.0
-The Adventure Mode still doesn't work
-The AI still kills themselves

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
uuuumm I got project M working and I have to say that I am pretty disappointed with 3.01.
-The AI is even worse then 3.0
-The Adventure Mode still doesn't work
-The AI still kills themselves
1.I don't think so. As for No. 3, it's bound to happen
NOTICE: Both Tournament Mode and Subspace Emissary have been disabled because they crash. We have no immediate plans to fix these modes but rest assured when we can we will make them work again. We'd like you to focus on playing the primary Multiplayer modes provided and the other single player modes that work. Thanks for understanding.

iLink

Smash Champion
So I really liked the color bars from before. How would I go about not changing them?

Galen The Wise

Smash Apprentice
How did you do eet? 0_0
Make sure you clear your SD card first. After that I just went to Project M website, downloaded the hackless wifi-safe and fullset (whichever one you want), extracted the files from there to my SD card. And just doing that, it should just work. You should have 5 "items" on your SD card all being 100% official. No custom files on your SD card. But the very first launch program for 3.01 isn't compatible with wifi. I'm not sure if the site has been updated yet but PMBR put out a launcher v1.01 which is compatible with wifi (when I first saw this there was an updated version it was in their Twitter feed). The v1.01 file will only have a "boot.elf" file in there which you would replace the "boot.elf" that is found in the zip folder of either wifi-safe or fullset. I never had to click that "update" button on the new launcher screen. It should load like normal and when it does there will be a little version number at the bottom right-hand corner that says "version 3.01".

Also, if you load it up and you wanna be sure it really is 3.01 just go look at the alt costumes or Mewtwo/Roy. Notice none of the outfits or either characters have a caution sign over them since the lag has been removed from the outfits and characters. You can also test out the instant rematch (which does work in wifi-safe as well as fullset) by holding the L+R+Y right when a match ends and you see the word "GAME" on your screen.

NOTE: The zip file for wifi-safe and fullset are literally right under the new launcher program section download links. A lot of people were confused because the files didn't have any indication that they were indeed the 3.01 files.

Last edited:

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
Wow awesome job guys, i have two dumb questions though, (hooray) Does the launcher work on the wii u and did all the PM fans break the website again?

Galen The Wise

Smash Apprentice
Wow awesome job guys, i have two dumb questions though, (hooray) Does the launcher work on the wii u and did all the PM fans break the website again?
I'm not sure if the launcher will work. Wouldn't hurt to try it. I mean, if PM can work on Wii U, then I'm sure the new launcher would. And yeah, people are overloading the servers trying to download 3.01.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
No fix on the aura hit-box during Mewtwo's Shadow Storm during the rise? Aw. Oh well, still great and I appreciate all the work, but that one hit box just bugs the crap out of me.

Galen The Wise

Smash Apprentice
this guy is that ******* in forums that makes a thread about a problem that happens to a small amount of people, then after several people trying to help, says "nvm fixed", and doesnt say how he fixed it
I'm sorry, but what in the world are you talking about? I'm new here as you can clearly see, I just posted not but 45 minutes ago of what I did to fix the issue in high detail, and my vernacular is not that of "nvm". I am grammatically correct when I speak and type. And I've never made a single thread here. Go ahead. Please find a thread that I have made on Smashboards.

BigglesWorth

Smash Apprentice
This is awesome. I am extremely excited about 1 speed up on Egg Throw. Now, all that's left is a proper short throw like melee and I might get my egg juggles back. xD Salty Runbacks are fantastic idea. Any bug fix is a good bug fix. All in all, it makes me looking forward to watching Apex even more.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
nah it was an error on my part l0l, didnt even see you post that fix

Lawn Chair

Smash Journeyman
Can someone upload a mirror PM website is down

EDIT: Nevermind

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom