• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.0 Released! (Changelog in post)

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I don't get why G&W's SuperFood would be removed.
; __________;
More randomness on a character with too much randomness already I guess.
RIP Super Food.

I wouldn't mind random chance being nix'd completely if the abilities with random chances were changed to be more consistent overall.

JRC LSS

Smash Apprentice
I'm okay with making him less random, and I trust the pmbr had good reason to add more lag to chef, but I feel like he needed something in return. G&W seems like he's on the weaker end of the roster already.

Overall, 3.0 is so awesome though!

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I'm okay with making him less random, and I trust the pmbr had good reason to add more lag to chef, but I feel like he needed something in return. G&W seems like he's on the weaker end of the roster already.

Overall, 3.0 is so awesome though!
I always thought he was pretty strong, you just have to make sure you hit with the strongest of his hitboxes instead of the flub hits. Vertical uair combos are obnoxious and I wouldn't have it any other way.

JRC LSS

Smash Apprentice
I always thought he was pretty strong, you just have to make sure you hit with the strongest of his hitboxes instead of the flub hits. Vertical uair combos are obnoxious and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. By "weaker" I didn't mean in terms of the power of his moves, but his potential to win tournaments. I don't know all of the tournament results, but it doesn't seem like he wins too much. Of course, maybe he just isn't a very popular character.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Sorry if I wasn't clear. By "weaker" I didn't mean in terms of the power of his moves, but his potential to win tournaments. I don't know all of the tournament results, but it doesn't seem like he wins too much. Of course, maybe he just isn't a very popular character.
I'd say he's more towards the middle range of the roster. He doesn't have the power of a Fox or a Mario, but he's still pretty nice.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Well, I just got Project M for the 1st time 4 days ago.
I love it, it is amazingly fun, even for a casual guy like me. It has made me like playing as Lucas. Bravo.

BelmontSlayer

Smash Cadet
Has there been any update on that SDHC fix? I was under the impression last week that it was almost done. All I want for Christmas is to play PM on my 8GB card. )=

Ginge

Smash Ace
Well, I just got Project M for the 1st time 4 days ago.
I love it, it is amazingly fun, even for a casual guy like me. It has made me like playing as Lucas. Bravo.
I actually liked playing Lucas more in Brawl ^^;; I'm weird, I know. But he was my main and what I was used to. Still adjusting to his changes. I want to get him to be one of my good characters with Project M as playing his Claus design was the origin for my tag / username on here.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Has there been any update on that SDHC fix? I was under the impression last week that it was almost done. All I want for Christmas is to play PM on my 8GB card. )=
I hope it will be out for 3.0b or whatever the next release is called.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Question, it says in the changelist that Luigi can cancel out of Side B with shield but I can't seem to be able to do that at all. Is there a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Ginge

Smash Ace
Question, it says in the changelist that Luigi can cancel out of Side B with shield but I can't seem to be able to do that at all. Is there a bug or am I doing something wrong?
I can't seem to do it either. Post a thread in the Bug Report so it gets proper attention?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
It doesn't say that Luigi can cancel it at all. It says that to store a misfire you have to hold shield while charging your side B. You'll still do the side B, but you won't misfire as long as you hold shield.

Ginge

Smash Ace
It doesn't say that Luigi can cancel it at all. It says that to store a misfire you have to hold shield while charging your side B. You'll still do the side B, but you won't misfire as long as you hold shield.
Thanks for the explanation of what they meant. It seemed to suggest holding the shield would prevent the launch and store it.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Ohhhhhh, that makes so much more sense now. Thank you.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I should have elaborated:

I want his Up-B to be the same as it was in Brawl. I don't get why they removed a helpful and sensible recovery like that.

Dng3

Smash Apprentice
I should have elaborated:

I want his Up-B to be the same as it was in Brawl. I don't get why they removed a helpful and sensible recovery like that.
Ledge hop egg throw tech. It was a melee thing so they wanted to preserve that here.

Nos

Smash Rookie
So I put this idea in the chat and some thought it was good some thought it was bad,

I have an idea guys to make ness more fun, his recovery better, and more challenging. What if you could wall tech his up b? So he's below Fd, up b's into the wall, wall techs it into a jump, then air dodges on stage. That would be so cool and fun and take skill. You'd only need the ability to do it once. Maybe you can't even up b after it. But it would allow for cool gimps and combos and fun! What do you think?

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
yo if we're calling nikita missile annoying and stupid to play against are we going to remove tethers already
1. Get on ledge.

2. Wait for opponent to reel up, forced into super-vulnerable ledgejump.

3. Punish at your leisure.

chaoruge

Smash Rookie
I've got a question
Does samus/zero suit samus stopped changing to each other after final smash? There's a possibility?
The same to Zelda/Sheik and their down-b?

And do u intend to put stage expansion among the codes for project m? Like putting the classic stage set?

And thanks for this, Project M is awesome!

Kati

Smash Lord
The stage expansion forces the resolution of the preview pictures to be degraded, so no, PM has never implemented the expansion pack. Samus changes into ZSS and vice versa when performing their final smash.

---

Did Ness not change at all from 2.6b to 3.0?

Bent 00

Smash Apprentice
The stage expansion forces the resolution of the preview pictures to be degraded, so no, PM has never implemented the expansion pack.
Degraded SSS preview pictures are a very small price to pay for a bunch of extra stages.

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
Decided to dust off my barely-used account on here to leave a message for the Project M team and anyone else who may want to know or care what my thoughts on it are.

Let me just start by saying that I'm pretty much a strictly casual player? Or at least a non-competitive one. I don't really have much knowledge on advanced Smash techniques or anything like that, nor do I really care/play enough to learn about them. I tried an older demo of Project M once upon a time, and it didn't really leave much of an impression on me. Not to say I disliked it or anything, I just simply didn't care either way for it. I started playing 3.0 yesterday though, and I gotta say, you all have won me over. I've had a blast playing it the past two days, and definitely appreciate all the new tricks to try out with different characters I've never really had the desire to play as before, such as Bowser or even Mario. I also love the return of Roy (who I've always missed from Brawl) and to a lesser extent, Mewtwo as well. Character mods/hacks/whatever you want to call them have never really appealed to me before, since they're usually below par and look out of place in the game, which bugs me. But Roy and Mewtwo are so professionally done, they both look pretty much perfect. Just want to applaud everyone who contributed to bringing them into Brawl, you all truly did an incredible job.

I will say that there are a few things about the mod that I personally am not so keen on, though. I won't go into most of them, since I'm sure they all have some kind of competitive value that I couldn't even begin to wrap my head around. I will say that if someone would like to point me towards an in-depth tutorial or something about how to rearrange the character and stage select screens so I can change them to suit my taste, I'd really appreciate it. But overall, I don't have too many complaints, and the few I do have don't detract from my overall enjoyment of PM too much. So, kudos on the great project and I'm glad I took the chance to experience it. You all have gained at least one new fan in the past 24 hours or so.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
I will say that there are a few things about the mod that I personally am not so keen on, though. I won't go into most of them, since I'm sure they all have some kind of competitive value that I couldn't even begin to wrap my head around.
Share? I'm interested in what's bothering you, since I don't normally get to hear many dissenting opinions from people who don't care for competitive play.

Revven

FrankerZ
Degraded SSS preview pictures are a very small price to pay for a bunch of extra stages.
Maybe for you specifically but professionalism is way, way more important. Pixellated stage preview screens would be unsightly (and likely the team would receive numerous questions on why).

But that's not the only reason why the expansion isn't used. It's also not used because the additional stages can't be added to the random stage switch screen page -- meaning you can't turn them on/off from Random. Which again is also unprofessional and ... not good lol.

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
Share? I'm interested in what's bothering you, since I don't normally get to hear many dissenting opinions from people who don't care for competitive play.
Sure, if you're interested in what I have to say then I'd be happy to share.

I don't want to say anything is really "bothering" me, per say. A lot of it is really just small things that don't seem like much, but they still irritate me. And honestly, I'm kinda hesitant to say anything because I have no interest in getting into any huge debates. There are just a few things that I don't really care for, but for the most part I realize why they're there and what purpose they serve. Nobody's making any Smash mods personally suited for me, nor do I expect anyone to. I will take the time to talk about a few things that would make PM a better personal experience for me, though.

1. I've kinda already touched on this, but I really do not like the layouts of the character or stage select screens. I realize that the character select was made to roughly resemble Melee's, and I read somewhere that the stage select was ordered by tournament availability of the stages or something like that. But for me? I don't care about either of those, and just think they look ugly to be honest, lol. Like you know how Wario is in the top left corner? You all probably don't think anything of it, but it bothers me so much, lmao. And I'd really just prefer the stages to be ordered how they are in Brawl, by franchise instead of the awkward haphazardly fashion they're in currently. I thought Delfino Plaza had been replaced by something at first, until I accidentally found it a little while after I looked for it. Anyway, ideally I'd like to be able to rearrange both screens to suit my personal preference. Is there any way to do that? Because I'd very much like to find out if so.

2. Speaking of screens I don't like, I really hate the results screen. It's too dark and depressing, and much prefer regular Brawl's screen which is light and easy on the eyes. There's some easy way to solve this I'm sure, I just haven't bothered looking it up. On a positive note, I do like the color scheme of the menu in general!

3. I really don't like most of the changes done to the stages. I love having Peach's Castle, Fountain of Dreams and Yoshi's Story back, but I don't want any Castlevania or ugly N64 stages and would prefer having them leave my copy of the game immediately. Also some of the changes made to the Brawl stages irk me as well, Rumble Falls and Distant Planet in particular. Green Hill Zone is the worst though, I hate that ugly foreground platform and would much prefer being back on the halfpipe I can still see in the background of the stage. It's just more fun than an ugly boring platform. I will praise Skyworld, though. Getting rid of those breakable platforms is the best thing you all could have done. Basically, what I'm asking here is how easy stage replacements are to do in PM, lol. I did download some expansion pack thing that added stages, but took it out because I decided there were too many of them and I didn't like having copies of the same stage (like both Brawl and PM Norfair, for instance). I was waiting for my new computer before I started hunting through Brawl Vaunt, since I couldn't browse it on my own one, so maybe I can figure that out on my own.

Any other complaints I have are more to do with the characters, which I guess I'll talk about, even though at the end of the day they'll most likely be things I'll just have to live with if I want to play Project M. I'll spoiler tag this, just because again, I don't have much interest in any huge debates. You all probably know way more about this stuff than I do.

Mario - Can I just say how much I love Mario Tornado being added back to his moveset? I love using that move, only complaint is that I wish it made him fly like Luigi's does for him. Don't have any complaints for him really, just wanted to say that because it made Mario that much more fun to play as for me.

Bowser - I miss Flying Slam. The suicide dives were just fun to do, man. The redone Koopa Claw is fine, though. Much better than the garbage it was in Melee. Bowser's another character who is just amazing in PM, I've never had this much fun playing as him. The new taunt is great, too.

Links - I love how Toon Link can move horizontally on the ground with his Spin Attack, why can't TP Link do that? I also miss the Gale Boomerang.

Falco - I wish he didn't have to be reverted back to his Melee self. I understand why it was done, but I just miss a lot of his Brawl changes, like kicking the reflector around. It may not be as practical a use of the thing, but again, it's just fun to do, lol. I noticed you all added Melee Fox and Falco as alternate costumes for them, and it kinda gave me the idea of possibly using the clone engine to have two different Falcos in the game. Like Melee Falco can be the same as he was, while Brawl Falco can be reworked to make his Brawl self work in the PM environment. I don't know, I just think it's a shame that with so many other characters getting new moves or skills to play around with in PM, that Falco has to instead evolve backwards to become "better." I can't enjoy him as much as I do in Brawl, but there are many people who do I'm sure, so oh well.

Ganondorf - I honestly don't care about Ganondorf at all, haha. He can remain a clone for all it matters to me, just wanted to acknowledge him since I talked about Falco and he's probably gotten some of the same criticisms from other people in the past.

Wario - I understand that the project wanted to make him resemble his Wario Land self over Wario Ware for whatever reason. I guess that's fine, I personally don't care either way. I like a few of his new moves, such as the down smash. I will say that I miss the bike, though. It might have been impractical, but it was interesting and it added to Wario's uniqueness. I've always thought the shoulder bash should be his side smash or something, like it is for Wario Man.

PT Pokemon - A lot of things were done to these guys, it seems like. I like Squirtle's Bubble move, and most of the changes made to Charizard have made him a lot of fun to play as (I've always been a Charizard fanboy, haha). Ivysaur is still awkward to me, though. Like SolarBeam? I just don't like it. It's so different from anything he has in the vanilla game and it just doesn't really suit his playstyle, for me anyway. It feels too out of place, since I know he's not really "supposed" to have it. I don't know, I'm sure somebody appreciates it. I never play as Ivysaur, anyway. I like the Seed Bomb move, and kinda wish it was his neutral special instead. Also, I don't like Charizard's Fly move. It's kinda awkward to have a down special make him jump so high into the air (I've never liked ZSS' Flip Jump for this same reason). I also kinda miss Rock Smash, but I can live without it.

Pit - Probably the one character that really takes a tumble for me in PM. I don't like any of the changes made to him. Why was Angel Ring taken out? I hate his new dive/glide thing he has going on now, and don't care for the upwards Shield bash either. I just can't enjoy his new play style in the mod, sorry. Luckily for you all I've never cared too much for Pit in the first place.

Snake - I keep expecting him to do his old side smash. The knives are fine I guess, I just can't help but think it was something that was added to his moveset for "coolness" rather than a practical use. What do I know, though? I do love the tranquilizer gun!

Game & Watch - I wish he still had the parachute with his up special. He drops like a rock now, which I don't like. I don't know, maybe it's competitively better or something.

Anyway, those are all the issues I have about the mod that I can think of right now. Hope I didn't upset too many people with the criticisms I do have or anything.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
1. It's possible to change the layout, but damned if I know how.

2. Go to "projectm\pf\stage\melee" in your Project M files, and delete STGRESULT.pac to get the old result screen back.

3. Again, you should be able to remove the stage files to get the old ones back. If you give me a list of Brawl stages you want back, or PM stages that you don't want to see, I can tell you which files to get rid of. They might be a little bit wonky, especially in terms of the camera, but they should work.

Characters I felt that I had something to say about:

Link: Being able to move spin attack would be... Yikes, I don't even want to think about that. Huge range, brutal semispike angle, AND movement at any appreciable speed? I shudder at the thought.

Falco: I feel ya. Falco has always been a pretty infuriating character (laser camping/locks and chaingrabs in Brawl, laser shenanigans and pillar combos in Melee/PM) and I don't think his current design is ideal... But I'm going off topic. Best to skip it.

Wario: Don't hurt him, he's so beautiful... Seriously though, Wario:M is super cool, and I prefer him to Wario:B, at least in terms of aesthetics. Can't speak for gameplay in Brawl, but he's fun as hell in PM.

Pit: I was never really into Brawl, but I always thought Angel Ring was a dumb move - obnoxious, yet simultaneously not useful at all. The new Wings of Icarus is a lot of fun to play with, since it lets you zip through the air really fast, just like a real Pit should. As for Shield Bash, I'll concede that it feels a tad uninspired.

Snake: The old Fsmash had a few issues. It was slow, it made no sense (WHY ARE YOU SHOOTING ROCKETS AT YOUR FEET) and it didn't exactly fit the character, since Snake is supposed to be, ya know... Stealthy? Tactical? Not an crazed explosive junkie. New Fsmash pays homage to his CQC tactics, makes more sense, and has an excuse to be fast.

Game & Watch: The loss of the parachute is an odd issue. G&W can act out of Up-B to extend combos, but he could probably do so even with the parachute. PM characters are supposed to have harder/less effective recovery options than their Brawl counterparts, though the degree to which this is true is debatable. That's probably the reason, especially because he can recover from a pretty good distance as it is.

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
1. It's possible to change the layout, but damned if I know how.

2. Go to "projectm\pf\stage\melee" in your Project M files, and delete STGRESULT.pac to get the old result screen back.

3. Again, you should be able to remove the stage files to get the old ones back. If you give me a list of Brawl stages you want back, or PM stages that you don't want to see, I can tell you which files to get rid of. They might be a little bit wonky, especially in terms of the camera, but they should work.

Characters I felt that I had something to say about:

Link: Being able to move spin attack would be... Yikes, I don't even want to think about that. Huge range, brutal semispike angle, AND movement at any appreciable speed? I shudder at the thought.

Wario: Don't hurt him, he's so beautiful... Seriously though, Wario:M is super cool, and I prefer him to Wario:B, at least in terms of aesthetics. Can't speak for gameplay in Brawl, but he's fun as hell in PM.

Pit: I was never really into Brawl, but I always thought Angel Ring was a dumb move - obnoxious, yet simultaneously not useful at all. The new Wings of Icarus is a lot of fun to play with, since it lets you zip through the air really fast, just like a real Pit should. As for Shield Bash, I'll concede that it feels a tad uninspired.

Snake: The old Fsmash had a few issues. It was slow, it made no sense (WHY ARE YOU SHOOTING ROCKETS AT YOUR FEET) and it didn't exactly fit the character, since Snake is supposed to be, ya know... Stealthy? Tactical? Not an crazed explosive junkie. New Fsmash pays homage to his CQC tactics, makes more sense, and has an excuse to be fast.

Game & Watch: The loss of the parachute is an odd issue. G&W can act out of Up-B to extend combos, but he could probably do so even with the parachute. PM characters are supposed to have harder/less effective recovery options than their Brawl counterparts, though the degree to which this is true is debatable. That's probably the reason, especially because he can recover from a pretty good distance as it is.
Well at least it's possible, haha. I never could figure out how to get CSS Organizer to work. I'm just dumb, I guess.

Thanks!

Stages that can go away are: Metal Cavern, Castle Siege (I want the second stage back), Norfair (although ideally I'd like the old platforms without the stupid lava gimmicks), Dracula's Castle, Rumble Falls, Distant Planet, Green Hill Zone, Final Destination (I prefer the way Brawl's looks), Kongo Jungle, Saffron City and Hyrule Castle. I'll keep Dreamland since I hate Green Greens, and am torn on Fourside/New Pork City since I hate them equally. Tell me what the latter one is anyway if you'd please, thanks!

Well what do I know? Lol. I just noticed it with Toon Link and thought "Wow! This is cool! Why can't the other Link do this?" Mind of a non-competitive player.

I honestly haven't even really played with Wario that much to have too much of an opinion on him. I still think the shoulder charge as a special is awkward, though. Mainly because he just goes as soon as you press it--it feels like you should at least charge for how far he should go.

Angel Ring isn't useful? Well again, what do I know. I still hate the new side special regardless. Maybe Angel Ring can be a new upward special or something, I don't know. Just an idea I guess that will probably not be followed through with.

I just haven't gotten used to the idea of it yet. I suppose it is more useful than his old fsmash, though. It's worked fine for me with the experience I've had with it.

Makes sense, I guess. Maybe they can do a taunt thing to open the parachute, like you can do with Peach Bomber to get the hearts.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
Metal Cavern: STGMARIOPAST_00.pac AND STGMARIOPAST_01.pac (Reinstates Mushroomy Kingdom.)
Castle Siege: STGEMBLEM.pac
Norfair: STGNORFAIR.pac (Actual stage changes are beyond my knowledge.)
Dracula's Castle: STGMANSION.pac (Reinstates Luigi's Mansion.)
Rumble Falls: STGJUNGLE.pac
Distant Planet: STGEARTH.pac
Green Hill Zone: STGGREENHILL.pac (I know that there is a version of the stage that is similar to what you were talking about. Will hunt it down later.)
Final Destination: STGFINAL.pac
Kongo Jungle: STGDONKEY.pac (Reinstates 75m... But why would you do a thing like that? :p)
Saffron City: STGTENGAN_#.pac (All three. Reinstates Spear Pillar.)
Hyrule Castle: STGOLDIN.pac (Reinstates Bridge of Eldin.)
Fourside: STGNEWPORK.pac (Reinstates New Pork City... If you dare. *shudder*)

Those should be accurate. Keyword "should."

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
For the stages you also need to delete the rel file if it has one in the module folder.

Yeerk

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody know if there's a new problem with replays? I use hackless, and I know that the Full Set replays have always desynced, but if you record them with the Wifi Set, they work. But my Wifi replays are desyncing.

Also, earlier today, I had a weird experience where my controller in port 2 was controlling ports 1 & 2 simultaneously.

Is there a reason/fix for either of these problems?

Top Bottom