• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Ganondorf - Help get de-cloneing Ganon in smash ultimate trending!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It would be, didn't think of that. However I think from a design standpoint its really weird seeing an inconsistency like that. Perhaps up special should make him helpless. idk if there was any intention to make fit with the rest of the cast, so I'm not sure if that would be a necessary change if that is not his intention.
I kinda like the way it is now, tbh. Allows you to keep the float, which is an absolutely amazing way to recover, as a last resort rather than forcing it because the up special makes him helpless.

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Another thing, Bowser has 3 extra costume slots that crash after going to the results screen. They work just fine but just seem to not work fully. I replaced the gct so idk what happened.
Can you test this out some more to see what causes it? And are you using any custom things on your build?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Mewtwo's up special makes him helpless, Ganon's does not.

So, Ganondorf getting a double jump AND an upB that doesn't make him helpless would be a pretty ridiculous recovery.
Are you guys saying his current double jump/float is op? I'm confused about this discussion lol.

Like to ganons defence, his 2nd jump is pretty crap, so you kinda need to use the float in many cases (I think). So is that ok right now? Or what ar you thinking?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Are you guys saying his current double jump/float is op? I'm confused about this discussion lol.

Like to ganons defence, his 2nd jump is pretty crap, so you kinda need to use the float in many cases (I think). So is that ok right now? Or what ar you thinking?
Wait! He's supposed to have a second jump!

Everytime I try to use it, the float shows up lol

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Yes I did. I know you have to hold jump to float. Does that mean that, besides the float, he doesn't have a double jump or was Ganon designed to lack the double jump to give him only the float?
Umm it's designed so his own jump is weak so that using float is necessary for recovery, but also so that you can do his little double jump without being forced to float. A lot of people weren't a fan of t mandatory float. If that makes sense lol

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Umm it's designed so his own jump is weak so that using float is necessary for recovery, but also so that you can do his little double jump without being forced to float. A lot of people weren't a fan of t mandatory float. If that makes sense lol
Oh. I guess I just got used to the mandatory one lol

DeKu Skrub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadixREBORN
3DS FC
1650-2649-2219
Switch FC
SW-1122-3127-2057
Why make him fit in when you could have him be unique? That's what PM is all about. (Not to be philosophical or anything)

DeKu Skrub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadixREBORN
3DS FC
1650-2649-2219
Switch FC
SW-1122-3127-2057
Its hard to think what PG 3.0 would be like. It has so much already. Although I'm not expecting to come out soon.

Last edited:

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice
Can you test this out some more to see what causes it? And are you using any custom things on your build?
I'm using smash 3 skins on everyone but ganon, I kept the result screen CSP's I had before installing the mod, tho when i did install, nothing had to be replaced so I thought it was fine. I use Dolphin and it works fine there, however using the build mentioned above, a friend of mine plays PM on his Wii w/Project G, and thats when the crash happens
Why make him fit in when you could have him be unique? That's what PM is all about. (Not to be philosophical or anything)
True, however there's a difference between being unique and being an odd one out. There are certain characteristics every fighter shares, everyone has a double jump, 4 direction of special and normal attacks ect. Therefore, having a character that is the only one that breaks these norms is off putting. While yes some characters have unique things they usually share said thing with some of cast, like wall jumps and crawl. What I'm saying is, there are just some things that need to be the same in order to fit in with the rest

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I'm using smash 3 skins on everyone but ganon, I kept the result screen CSP's I had before installing the mod, tho when i did install, nothing had to be replaced so I thought it was fine. I use Dolphin and it works fine there, however using the build mentioned above, a friend of mine plays PM on his Wii w/Project G, and thats when the crash happens

True, however there's a difference between being unique and being an odd one out. There are certain characteristics every fighter shares, everyone has a double jump, 4 direction of special and normal attacks ect. Therefore, having a character that is the only one that breaks these norms is off putting. While yes some characters have unique things they usually share said thing with some of cast, like wall jumps and crawl. What I'm saying is, there are just some things that need to be the same in order to fit in with the rest
Sorry, what is in the build mentioned above? (do you mean above as in a previous msg, or do you mean the one you mentioned in this msg?)

Also, does this problem happen when playing my untoughed build? Or only your edite version?

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
So i think I've fixed all the bugs from 2.0. Dacus should be working right now. I plan on releasing 2.1 within the next week, unless I run into any problems! So stay posted :p

DeKu Skrub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadixREBORN
3DS FC
1650-2649-2219
Switch FC
SW-1122-3127-2057
Yeah, but why replace Prince Ganons new Final Smash when you could redo the old one?
Also, both use bladed weapons.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yeah, but why replace Prince Ganons new Final Smash when you could redo the old one?
Also, both use bladed weapons.
Still not the same game.

Sword Ganon is Twilight Princess.
Prince Ganon is Ocarina of Time.

Giving the OoT Beast Ganon to Sword Ganon would therefore be very strange, considering that his current Final Smash is the TP Beast Ganon.

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, what is in the build mentioned above? (do you mean above as in a previous msg, or do you mean the one you mentioned in this msg?)

Also, does this problem happen when playing my untoughed build? Or only your edite version?
I meant the one mentioned in the previous msg, everything replaced but the results CSS. If I were to guess this is only an issue with my version, however the gct should not allow me to pick those slots, in fact I don't think I had those ones before I installed PG

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I meant the one mentioned in the previous msg, everything replaced but the results CSS. If I were to guess this is only an issue with my version, however the gct should not allow me to pick those slots, in fact I don't think I had those ones before I installed PG
Strange. I dont know how to help you with that, sorry!

DeKu Skrub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadixREBORN
3DS FC
1650-2649-2219
Switch FC
SW-1122-3127-2057
I may have found a new glitch, though you probably already knew about it. If Prince Ganon fights Fist Ganon, Fist Ganon's GFX are missing. Also, Sword Ganon's moves get really weird whilst using a beam sword. The animations get glitchy, the sword goes at different angles, and side tilt causes a T pose. Just thought I'd let you know.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I may have found a new glitch, though you probably already knew about it. If Prince Ganon fights Fist Ganon, Fist Ganon's GFX are missing. Also, Sword Ganon's moves get really weird whilst using a beam sword. The animations get glitchy, the sword goes at different angles, and side tilt causes a T pose. Just thought I'd let you know.
Weapons/items dont work, ive said this before.

Yes i know about the gfx thing, thanks. Keep me posted on any other glitches you may find

Hurricane Rush

Smash Rookie
I found some things I'd like to share.

1. Any chance you can make new CSPs for Ganondorf/Sword Ganon? I love the new ones for OoT Ganon, but regular Ganon looks weird next to him.

2. Is Project Ganon 2.1 gonna have a whole PM version again, or just the stuff that got changed?

3. Did you change "Fist" Ganon's stats from PM to make him better? If you didn't...(See 4)

4. Is it possible to give "Fist" Ganon his SSB4 kill percents? He seems to kill a lot earlier in SSB4. (Like 40% on some)

5. Great job with this mod! Really my favorite SSB mod ever. Can't wait to see what's next.

DeKu Skrub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadixREBORN
3DS FC
1650-2649-2219
Switch FC
SW-1122-3127-2057
What if when Prince Ganon does his double jump without floating, he can use another double jump after his up special?

Hurricane Rush

Smash Rookie
Another thing. Falco's lasers are invisible, and Kirby's dash attack doesn't have the fire particles (This part may be from a custom skin).

Hurricane Rush

Smash Rookie
Another thing. Falco's lasers are invisible, and Kirby's dash attack doesn't have the fire particles (This part may be from a custom skin).

(Whoops. Double post >_>)

Last edited:
Top Bottom