• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
no, just a few basics here and there. and i think they were animations from the Winter Olympic Games game, because thats where we got the Bowser Jr. model from. our only animator was Starwaffle, and he would only do it if BJ could open his mouth. so no, no more than 15 basic animations. and unfortunately, borrowing animations doesn't always work, usually because of how different bone structures are from game to game.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Snoopy, are you able to continue work on this by chance? I mention it because StarWaffle has become active again, and he might be interested in returning now that there's a model whose mouth can be animated.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
as of right now, no. i'm getting ready to transfer to a new college, so i have to move, again. so not for another week or so. and i don't know if Intrepid ever got the model that can open the mouth, if he did, i never heard anything about it.

Camonsters

Smash Apprentice
as of right now, no. i'm getting ready to transfer to a new college, so i have to move, again. so not for another week or so. and i don't know if Intrepid ever got the model that can open the mouth, if he did, i never heard anything about it.
He has it I gave him it.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I have some suggestions for shadow mario's alt. colors: cosmic clone (smg2), dark mario (like link's dark link alt. color), cosmic mario (smg), and emerald (subspace) mario. that's all I have right now :p. I could make them for you if you want.

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
darn! could you atleat tell why and give ppl the downloads? I would like to work on this. I am good at aniamting. ask the will! (I am SonicBrawler)

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
well, the reason it's dead, i'm assuming, is because we who were working on it ended up being busy with real life, and the fact that the Bowser Jr model we had couldn't open its mouth and therefore we lost our main animator, and that we could never get a good paintbrush model therefore losing our backup animator. that, and doing two full character projects is harder than doing one. i could upload the BJ model, and maybe the SM as well, but i'd rather Intrepid do that, since it is his project. but i have a suggestion for those who want this project continued, pull a Waluigi and make a new thread. i'm pretty sure that Intrepid wouldn't mind. i could do the porting, but that's about all, since i'm busy with college. i agree that it's a bit of a shame that the project died, but it's a lot of work to do a fully new character, let alone two.

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
well, the reason it's dead, i'm assuming, is because we who were working on it ended up being busy with real life, and the fact that the Bowser Jr model we had couldn't open its mouth and therefore we lost our main animator, and that we could never get a good paintbrush model therefore losing our backup animator. that, and doing two full character projects is harder than doing one. i could upload the BJ model, and maybe the SM as well, but i'd rather Intrepid do that, since it is his project. but i have a suggestion for those who want this project continued, pull a Waluigi and make a new thread. i'm pretty sure that Intrepid wouldn't mind. i could do the porting, but that's about all, since i'm busy with college. i agree that it's a bit of a shame that the project died, but it's a lot of work to do a fully new character, let alone two.
if you know or could find out the password, PM it to me and thewill and would could work on it.

we could start where they ended.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
This will be my last post on SmashBoards.

I can no longer continue with the project (which is apparent by now), but I WILL put up the downloads for the beta versions I have, although current progress was lost, so this will be a step backward in development. I'd like to thank everyone that worked on this, and I hope this project will live on.

If you want me to edit the OP at all, please send me a message on YouTube under InTrepidGaming.

Bye, guys.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zky4mzktz0m

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
dang, i'm sorry to hear that Intrepid. i hope you have fun doing whatever you'll be doing then.

and so for those who will continue the project, my offer of porting assistance is still there. with Tabuu/OpenSA3, i'll actually be able to get Mario's animations to not look funky because of previous rigging, it can actually do it right this time. and same with Bowser Jr, i'll be able to tell Brawl where to look for the important bones.

wow, after looking at the files, i've done a little bit to the models since the download was made. give me a bit and i'll fix the models correctly, with proper shields and bone rigging.

Thewill

Smash Apprentice
OK, Well me,snoppy,SonicTheHedgehog02 & maybe dark sonic 15 could be the admins of the project. I may PM InTrepidCognito on his channel to edit the main post.

Thewill

Smash Apprentice
Also could someone upload me the files to Bowser Jr. & Shadow Mario? Mediafire isn't working ATM.

Bowser jr

Smash Rookie
i wish i could help but i dont know how to do the awsome stuff you guys do so i geuss ill have to wait even more lol:chuckle:

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
alright, i got my part done. but i'm inbetween classes right now so i can't upload them yet. i'll include everything from the other download as well, so you don't have to guess what i changed.

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
wait...so the files are now updated? i fixed the messed up animations of sm....took me an hour! oh well...guess its better for updated ones than outdated ones.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
well, some of the files are updated. mediafire is being stupid right now, and i can't figure out how to use megaupload, so it will be a little longer before i can upload the files.

but the reason Shadow Mario's animations were wierd is because of the way i had to fit Mario's bone structure onto Shiek's (Mario's TransN is 7, Shiek's is 2). but now with Tabuu, i can edit Shiek's PSA file to match Mario's bone structure, which i will include for both SM and BJ (since Zelda's TransN is 7, but BJ doesn't technically have one since his model is from a different game).

i'll put up the entire file that Intrepid put up, but with my model and PSA edits, to avoid further confusion.

Edit: i reuploaded it to mediafire.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jzu83v6iwuunn9c#1

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
well, some of the files are updated. mediafire is being stupid right now, and i can't figure out how to use megaupload, so it will be a little longer before i can upload the files.

but the reason Shadow Mario's animations were wierd is because of the way i had to fit Mario's bone structure onto Shiek's (Mario's TransN is 7, Shiek's is 2). but now with Tabuu, i can edit Shiek's PSA file to match Mario's bone structure, which i will include for both SM and BJ (since Zelda's TransN is 7, but BJ doesn't technically have one since his model is from a different game).

i'll put up the entire file that Intrepid put up, but with my model and PSA edits, to avoid further confusion.

Edit: okay, i figured it out.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I4NWMA8C

i apologize that it's through megaupload, but mediafires been down all day.

thnx.

and mediafire has been down? oohhh... THATS why I couldnt download the scott pilgrim model and texture hacks.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
yeah i know and this whole community is probably like 0.0 about mediafire right now i know i am lol

Fen__

Smash Ace
If you're going to use this thread, you should have a mod change ownership of the OP. It's not really feasible to message him on YouTube for every edit you need to make.

Thewill

Smash Apprentice
OK, I have PM'ed InTrepidCognito about editing the OP. He should get back. I may start working on the custom moveset myself.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
well he has to either hand leadership over to someone or you guys have to make a new thread because not being able to edit the op is kinda you know...

Thewill

Smash Apprentice
well he has to either hand leadership over to someone or you guys have to make a new thread because not being able to edit the op is kinda you know...
He has acctualy told us on the prevouis page about the OP stuff.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
I'm officially a Smash Developer now, so I guess I'm back. :p

You guys can keep this project if you want it, just lettin' people know in my thread.

Waluigiman77

Smash Cadet
I can help make animations. I know it seems sad, but im willing to dedicate my time to make some animations. can i join? Just tell me what you think I should do. Im pretty good at making wins and taunts, so if you have none of that I'll make some

Top Bottom