• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project AZ Feat. P:M and Melee - June 1st, 2013 - Tempe, Arizona

zman804

Smash Ace
Project AZ

A tournament featuring Super Smash Bros. Melee AND Project M!

When: June 1st, 2013

Where:
The Gaming Zone
930 W Broadway Rd, Ste 15
Tempe, Arizona 85282
Cross streets are Broadway and Hardy

Scheduled Times*:
11:00 AM Doors open, Friendles, Begin Doubles sign ups
12:00 Project M/Melee Doubles
~2:00Melee Singles Pools
~6:00 Project M Singles Pools Start
~9:00 Project M Crew Battle
* Note: These are rough estimates

Entry Fees
Venue Fee: $5 per person
Melee/Project M Singles: $5/Per Person
Melee/Project M Doubles: $5/Per Person

Explanation of Venue Fee:
A majority of the venue fee will go to the Gaming Zone. A bit of it will be used to purchase a few cases of water for everyone. The rest will go into the pot for the PM crew battle.

On Setups
PLEASE BRING SETUPS. TV's are always appreciated but PLEASE bring Wiis and Gamecubes.

General Rules (Applies to both games)
• Items are set to off.
• Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
• Regular sets are best of 3 matches.
• The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
• Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
• Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
• Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
• Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.
• Wobbling IS LEGAL. Freeze glitch is 100% banned.
• Tai's Stupid Rule: Mewtwo's Soul Breaker glitch is, in fact, legal. How to get a Red Shell while not interfering with General Rule #1 is up to you!

Melee Stage List

Singles

Starter Stage List:
• Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
• Past Stages: Dream Land
• Special Stages: Final Destination
• Special Stages: Battlefield
• Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story
• Kanto: Pokemon Stadium

Counter Stage List:
• Planet Zebes: Brinstar
• Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
• Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Teams

Starter Stage List:
• Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
• Past Stages: Dream Land
• Special Stages: Final Destination
• Special Stages: Battlefield
• Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
• Planet Zebes: Brinstar
• Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
• Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Redwood Counter Pick System
1. Blind Picks character selection.
2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.**
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.

**TAJ's Better Rule: A person may either ban EVERY COUNTERPICK STAGE or ONE STARTER STAGE

Project M Stage List

Neutrals

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Dreamland
Fountain Of Dreams
Yoshi's Story (Melee)
Dracula's Castle
Pokemon Stadium 2
Yoshi's Island (Brawl

Counterpicks

Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone
Rumble Falls
Metal Cavern
Pokemon Stadium 1
Skyloft
Skyworld
SSE: Jungle

Redwood Counter Pick System
1. Blind Picks character selection.
2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 2 at a time until one stage remains.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans 4 stages
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
No Bruwl. Get hype!

A majority of the venue fee will go to the Gaming Zone. A bit of it will be used to purchase a few cases of water for everyone. The rest will go into the pot for the PM crew battle.
Good stuff.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I'll do my best to make it out to this. I'm so scrubstastic still that i'm ready to get bodied by everyone haha. Gotta hit the lab soon.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Gonna practice for this so I can make a proper P:M showing. No Bowser gimmicks, gonna actually have my tech down so I can truly outplay my opponents... and still gimmick them, a bit

Blood Falcon11

Smash Apprentice
Me vs Avenger $10 MM. Somebody is going to get wrecked.

and it's not going to be me ;)
Like I'm afraid I'm going to lose to the guy who got dead last at THC5 and gets carried hard in doubles. 2-0 or 3-0 with me winning, calling it now.

EDIT: Now with hype image!

oksas

oak-sauce
gonna see if i can make it to this... i might be moving into my new place that day (i swear this happened last june 1st too) but we'll see

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice
gonna see if i can make it to this... i might be moving into my new place that day (i swear this happened last june 1st too) but we'll see
Decided I'd rather go to this and hang out with my AZ buds, than go to Zenith, so I'll be attending. Oksas, let me know if you want me to get you, and I'll see if I can get my AC fixed before we do this, otherwise it's windows down for the trip!

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Well ****, I couldn't get the day off from work.

I'm pretty sad about missing this tourney, but I'll be attending ASU Barrett next year so I'll be actually able to make it to all the smashfests and ****.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Decided I'd rather go to this and hang out with my AZ buds, than go to Zenith, so I'll be attending. Oksas, let me know if you want me to get you, and I'll see if I can get my AC fixed before we do this, otherwise it's windows down for the trip!
That's awesome! Wanna do a Lucas ditto money match? $5?

Top Bottom