• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Amy Back on Track!

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Okay, so, I will need two things:

The Amy motionetc.pac, and the exact file size limit of the file. I want to make sure I don't exceed it, as I believe I have with Tabuu...

turboacek

Smash Rookie
I can help work on alternate textures for Amy
and is this over dedede or someone else

DeeNinjaa

Smash Apprentice
Here's a couple ideas.

AAA Combo- She swings her hammer once right, then left, then goes into a flurry of sideways hammer blows until A is released.
Forward tilt- She performs her Upper Attack from Sonic Battle
Down Tilt- She causes a mini-tremor in front of her by hitting her hammer on the ground. Impales.
Neutral Air- Like Ness', but slower and not at an angle. Hearts come out of her palms. Can gimp.
Grab- Grabs enemy right below neck with both hands.
Pummel- Kicks enemy.
Forward throw- Lets go of enemy, then shoves them away with both hands.
Back throw- Scoots behind the enemy and shoves them into the ground.
Up throw- Tosses the enemy upwards.
Down throw- See: Peach's down throw

Final Smash- Tough Love: She swings her hammer. If it hits, she steps forward thrice, each time whacking the enemy with her hammer, last move is a small uppercut. She then proceeds to rain a mindless, super quick flurry of blows upon the target. Immediately going into a spiral uppercut, and ending with a fierce hammer swing downwards.
Aerial Final Smash- Hammer Tornado(from Sonic Heroes). She spins quickly with her hammer, sending out a tornado that slowly moves forward, sending enemies up with incredible knockback, but doing no damage.

NaiBeatle

Smash Rookie
Nyeee, I can't help much. I really want to see this done and not abandoned as usual :)

Crobspencer

Smash Cadet
I have been following this Project for awhile now and am proud that you guys are making her keep the good work!

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody know if they can make a vertex hack of the model of dedede's hamer adn make it the piko piko hammer? and npo, i am not sending u the model so u can vertex it, just take the modelk from any dedede model

Crobspencer

Smash Cadet
Here is a couple of idea for the wins:

Win1- Blows a Kiss
Win2- holds hands together
Win3- Jumps around saying am the best

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
Please note that i will not be posting any more info on the ay project on other sites. so if u see other projects of amy over a character, they arnt mine.

we also need more animators, and i have posted this thread on SuperSonicBros.Brawl, so i am lettin gu all know that thhat site also has this thread

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Well I know found a place with all the sounds we could possibly need so just tell me when and ill try to get started with this swandz thing here

BlueSmasher10

Smash Rookie
I Can Do The SelchrFace And The Portrait For Each Of The Alternative Costumes And Her Regular Costume If Your Gonna Use Any.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
"Vortex" XD

Nah, Dedede's hammer is part of his model, and the Amy model is imported from another game. There are plenty of seperate Piko Hammer models out there that we can just import as an external graphic for Amy to hold, anyway.

Crobspencer

Smash Cadet
"Vortex" XD

Nah, Dedede's hammer is part of his model, and the Amy model is imported from another game. There are plenty of seperate Piko Hammer models out there that we can just import as an external graphic for Amy to hold, anyway.
Am thinking their vortexing King Dedede Hammer into Piko Piko Hammer.

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
"Vortex" XD

already then. If you (any anyone) can send me a link to a vertex of hammers to make it the piko piko hammer, then send me the link plz. or make a vertex^^

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
But are you gonna remove them for her normal outfit.
Yeah, he just said that.
Geez you're thick.

I don't know where to find any Piko hammer models, nor do I have any games I can rip one from myself (plus my WiiHTTPd is broken so I can't rip games anyway). I think there's one in Winter Olympics somewhere, because I swear the other Amy project was going to use it. All I can suggest is retexturing and maybe vertexing the Golden Hammer. At least its bones and materials are already within Brawl's standards. You can't use Dedede's hammer because it's stuck to his body, and there are better solutions out there.

You're open to input, right? I'd like to share some thoughts on the ideas in the original post if you don't mind.
A- she punches with her right hand(Thanks to Dragon_of_Sky)
AA- she punches with her left hand(Thanks to Dragon_of_Sky)
AAA- she does an upper cut(Thanks to Dragon_of_Sky)
Sonic Battle! I like.

Neutral Air -
Air spin like Sonic (and the Tails PSA), perhaps using her hammer for extra reach.

Neutral B - Like Mario's except horizontally and with her hammer.
When has Amy ever thrown her hammer?

Amy CAN do the homing attack in her games, you know. Unless that's something hard-coded for Sonic, then maybe she can't do that here.

If you really need a projectile that badly or you're just plain OCD when it comes to making her nothing like Sonic, why not make her blow a kiss that makes a flying heart?

While we're on the subject of resemblance to Sonic, you do realise that she IS a Sonic character, a hedgehog like Sonic and has a lot of his moves in the Sonic games. A slight resemblance through a small amount of shared moves doesn't make her a clone. Otherwise, that'd make Ike a clone of Marth, which obviously isn't the case.

Down B - Amy goes inter her Healing animation and heals 3% a second or two.
Geez, she's not Captain Falcon. You don't have to make up moves that don't make sense.
(I'm only joking by the way).
But seriously, I don't think this is very Amy-like.

Up Taunt- Amy faces the Camera and blows a kiss at it
Left/Right Taunt- Amy puts her right hand on her hip, leans forward a bit, sticks her left hand out, and moves her fingers back and forth. Basically the same Idea as Fox's Come On! taunt.
Down Taunt- She takes out her hammer in her right hand, and either 1)flips it fully around in the air 1 time, or 2)flips it around and makes it land in her left hand. They bother end in her putting the hammer away.
Pummel- Kicks enemy.(DeeNinjaa)
Win1- :urg:
Win2- :urg:
Win3- :urg:
She has several taunts and win poses in Winter Olympics and the animations are perfectly usable in Brawl. See if you can get your hands on them.

Some final smash ideas!

Just Wait A Minute - Straight from Sonic Adventure 2. She freezes time. (althought nullifying all other's players controls would be much better, if possible)
1. It's called Amy Flash actually.
2. I'm not sure if you can stop time and i'm pretty sure you can't nullify controls (like it is in SA2's multiplayer, it'd be way too overpowered anyway). You can slow down time, though i think it requires making Amy spawn a timer, which is very problematic.

Rage- Amy gets all red and makes an explosion from rage. Takes up half the stage.
-Amy (in the direction she is facing) spams (and throws) a lot of hammers. Kind of liek Mario's FS, but different in many ways
These ideas aren't that great either. "Rage" isn't really that Amy-like and giant explosions are too overused anyway (Zero, Mewtwo and Sephiroth PSAs, for instance).

If I may make a suggestion, perhaps use her all-star move from Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing, where she gets out a giant hammer and beats up everyone in her way. All-star moves are basically the SASASR equivalent of Final Smashes.

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, he just said that.
Geez you're thick.

I don't know where to find any Piko hammer models, nor do I have any games I can rip one from myself (plus my WiiHTTPd is broken so I can't rip games anyway). I think there's one in Winter Olympics somewhere, because I swear the other Amy project was going to use it. All I can suggest is retexturing and maybe vertexing the Golden Hammer. At least its bones and materials are already within Brawl's standards. You can't use Dedede's hammer because it's stuck to his body, and there are better solutions out there.

You're open to input, right? I'd like to share some thoughts on the ideas in the original post if you don't mind.
Sonic Battle! I like.

Air spin like Sonic (and the Tails PSA), perhaps using her hammer for extra reach.

When has Amy ever thrown her hammer?

Amy CAN do the homing attack in her games, you know. Unless that's something hard-coded for Sonic, then maybe she can't do that here.

If you really need a projectile that badly or you're just plain OCD when it comes to making her nothing like Sonic, why not make her blow a kiss that makes a flying heart?

While we're on the subject of resemblance to Sonic, you do realise that she IS a Sonic character, a hedgehog like Sonic and has a lot of his moves in the Sonic games. A slight resemblance through a small amount of shared moves doesn't make her a clone. Otherwise, that'd make Ike a clone of Marth, which obviously isn't the case.

Geez, she's not Captain Falcon. You don't have to make up moves that don't make sense.
(I'm only joking by the way).
But seriously, I don't think this is very Amy-like.

She has several taunts and win poses in Winter Olympics and the animations are perfectly usable in Brawl. See if you can get your hands on them.

1. It's called Amy Flash actually.
2. I'm not sure if you can stop time and i'm pretty sure you can't nullify controls (like it is in SA2's multiplayer, it'd be way too overpowered anyway). You can slow down time, though i think it requires making Amy spawn a timer, which is very problematic.

These ideas aren't that great either. "Rage" isn't really that Amy-like and giant explosions are too overused anyway (Zero, Mewtwo and Sephiroth PSAs, for instance).

If I may make a suggestion, perhaps use her all-star move from Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing, where she gets out a giant hammer and beats up everyone in her way. All-star moves are basically the SASASR equivalent of Final Smashes.
I will get someone to texture the hammer just for now.

and to the projectile thing, in Sonic X she throws hammers. I am thinkign of changing to to just usign her hammer. adn its chargable.

and I didnt think Amy Flash was the real name.

Crobspencer

Smash Cadet
I can't wait for the beta Amy release, first thing that am gonna do is take pictures with it and battle sonic alot

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
I can't wait for the beta Amy release, first thing that am gonna do is take pictures with it and battle sonic alot
lol, okay. the first beta will be released as soon as we have the aniamtions for attakcs, wins, loss, taunts, specials, guard, fs and all the regularly used animations. psa will not really be edited in the first beta

Top Bottom