• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problems With The SD Media Launcher

brayden7

Smash Cadet
Im having problems with the SD media launcher. Whenever i start it up it wont register that i have my SD card in the launcher and it goes strait to the Action replay thing.. Any solutions???

adechrist

Smash Cadet
4GB is too big to work normally. But it's still usable, you just have to jump through some hoops. I don't remember the details, just google "Wii 4GB SD" or something and you'll figure it out.

brayden7

Smash Cadet
yeah i ended up just buying a 2 gb wii brand sd card it well sd card laucher still sucks ***. i recommend just burning the disk

Steelia

Smash Champion
yeah i ended up just buying a 2 gb wii brand sd card it well sd card laucher still sucks ***. i recommend just burning the disk
This.......... unless the Wii you've got can't read that kind of stuff anymore, like mine. ;_;

SD Media Launcher is tolerable for a while, but starts to become very grating very fast, if only because it FREEZES so much! I'd recommend HBC before SDML, but SDML as a last resort if you really, really want to play some textures and such.

Also, Kirby freezes.
A lot.

brayden7

Smash Cadet
This.......... unless the Wii you've got can't read that kind of stuff anymore, like mine. ;_;

SD Media Launcher is tolerable for a while, but starts to become very grating very fast, if only because it FREEZES so much! I'd recommend HBC before SDML, but SDML as a last resort if you really, really want to play some textures and such.

Also, Kirby freezes.
A lot.
Freaking all of the characters freeze with the sd media launcher. Waste of both money and time

Steelia

Smash Champion
i thought you couldnt play with textures on a Wii unless you burned the disc?
You can play SD Media Launcher on the Wii, too. However, it's much more finicky on there, and freezes even more often than on the GCN. The only upside is that it has slightly better quality, but it's just not worth the tormenting (buzzing) loading times.

Top Bottom