• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problem playing with wolf

I have every character unlocked and I have to say im most partial to wolf. I dont mind his horrible recovery and I enjoy the knockback his down smash has. Unfortunately, all my friends cry OP whenever I pick him. They say hes too strong has no weaknesses and his special is the cheapest in the game. Its true, sometimes i shoot them off wait then lift them off getting the same person killed 2 times. Is wolf unfair to play as? What should I say to them.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Tell them to stop being whining *****es. Also, if they have such a ****ing problem with Landmasters, maybe they should consider playing without Smash Balls.

dxyabyss

Smash Rookie
tell your friends that wolf isnt OP, he isnt wolf had enough weaknesses that i moved back to fox (doesnt mean fox is better in tiers, i just like fox's perks more)

-First and most obvious is Wolf's recovery, soo annoying to get shine-spiked or having to fight MK or pit

-Secondly, wolf's air game isnt too great (bair is still a pain as always) but the rest of his air game isnt to great, dair has mid-low priority and a small hitbox, nair isnt bad but does poor damage, and fair is hard to find a use for outside edgeguarding.

-Last and not least, his grab. Wolf's grabs are crap, small range and slow to come out, on top of that almost no combos from any of them.

Wolf=overrated

I like him though, was my main until i got sick of bad recoveries and somewhat slow speeds.

All in all, i dont hate him hes a good character and i respect that but he is certainly not OPd.

PCHU

Smash Lord
tell them to pick Ike.
Then, if they kill you, shout out OP!
There.

If that doesn't work, tell them to grow up.
Even Fox in Melee can be beaten by other characters.

And I really didn't want to say this, considering I'm going to main Wolf, but he sucks.
They should be able to land at LEAST one or two hits.
If they can't, tell them to pick a fast character.

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
I'm a wolf main and he is not overpowered, in the exception of his dsmash... heh fun to kill with. His recovery is horrible untill you get used to it. Just tell them to pick a fast character as previously stated, if they do that just blaster em' though.:laugh:

Top Bottom